Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Flagship Station « previous next »
Page: 1

bucfn126

Second String
: November 21, 2006, 10:20:37 AM

What is up with 620? Is there anyone that works there that doesn't hate Gruden? Did Gruden sleep with thier wives? It's rediculous. I don't mind constructive criticism, but they make it personal by atcing his personality, character, mocking him, etc. I can barely listen anymore. I listen to sports radio for constructive debate about things concerning the Bucs and also to try and gain some inside information. I don't listen to hear chartacter assassination. The Bucs should put a stop to it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 21, 2006, 10:24:03 AM

What is up with 620? Is there anyone that works there that doesn't hate Gruden? Did Gruden sleep with thier wives? It's rediculous. I don't mind constructive criticism, but they make it personal by atcing his personality, character, mocking him, etc. I can barely listen anymore. I listen to sports radio for constructive debate about things concerning the Bucs and also to try and gain some inside information. I don't listen to hear chartacter assassination. The Bucs should put a stop to it.

It's fashionable to put him down. The only time I ever listen to 620 is during coach or player shows and then not even that often.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 21, 2006, 10:28:38 AM

Why?  I have to agree with Dal here in that you need to have the ability to here criticism about yourself and your team.  More importantly you need to be able to, as a fan, distinguish from true criticism and the spin that most people want to lay at the feet of your team and what's really the goal.  It's tough when you are losing to do that but I think it gives those people less ammunition when you don't respond to inflammatory remarks.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 21, 2006, 10:37:47 AM

The contempt for Gruden just seeps from Beckel's pores.  The guy obviously has big personal issues with Gruden.  The fans in this town just might get what they wish for as another franchise picks up Gruden if the Glazers cast him off.

The spoiled brat, sense of entitlement fans in Gooberville deserve a really crappy coach and a decade or so of losing.  The NFL is road kill for coaches lately and the league is just ultra competitive.  There are good years and lean years for just about every franchise.  A few franchises have the best QB's and they give them the consistency to make the playoffs and contend year in and year out.  The Bucs don't have a marquis QB by any stretch and that is not Gruden's fault.

Gruden is still one of the best minds in the game in terms of the x's and o's and will be snapped up in a minute after he is terminated here.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 21, 2006, 10:46:01 AM

'No news is good news.  No journalists is even better.'  ~Nicolas Bentley

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2006, 10:48:23 AM

Gruden is still one of the best minds in the game in terms of the x's and o's and will be snapped up in a minute after he is terminated here.

He's safe through next year, so no worries about that.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 21, 2006, 10:52:32 AM

He's safe through next year, so no worries about that.

Too early to say that, imo.  If Jerry Jones offers the Glazers a couple of draft picks or some big $$$ they'd release Gruden.  I wouldn't blame Gruden for a second if he bailed out of Tampa.  Compare the patience the Tennessee fans have had for Fischer (who never won a Lombardi) to how quickly any appreciation of Gruden's amazing feat (turning around a franchise that was clearly declining into a champion) has vanished and its evident how bad a sports town Tampa is.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 21, 2006, 10:56:16 AM

Too early to say that, imo.  If Jerry Jones offers the Glazers a couple of draft picks or some big $$$ they'd release Gruden.  I wouldn't blame Gruden for a second if he bailed out of Tampa.  Compare the patience the Tennessee fans have had for Fischer (who never won a Lombardi) to how quickly any appreciation of Gruden's amazing feat (turning around a franchise that was clearly declining into a champion) has vanished and its evident how bad a sports town Tampa is.

Well, let's just say they don't intend to fire him this year.

SCOUT

Starter

#8 : November 21, 2006, 11:08:42 AM

Gruden turned a franchise around?  You mean Dungy, right ?  WHAT A CLOWN!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 21, 2006, 11:11:56 AM

Gruden turned Oakland around.  Dungy's team was ailing and his last year was 9-8 and was thrashed in Philly and most of the team laid down.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 21, 2006, 11:28:03 AM

Ron and Ian just compared Alstott to Brandon Jacobs.  These guys have officially lost it now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 21, 2006, 11:34:27 AM

All I basically keep hearing is:  The team needs an identity.  What is Grudens team identity?  And I am a bit curious as to what the Bucs are trying to become.  From what I see, he is trying to rebuild his dominant Raiders offense from back in the day.  Unfortunately, he simply lacks the athletes to get the job done properly.

But bear in mind the man is working 25 plus mill under the cap.  He is finally turning a vital corner in Bucs history, and has been able to get out of the cap prison he has been stuck in for years, and has some more draft picks available to shore up the lines.  I'd say that injuries have taken their turn on the team, as well as age and inexperience.  Some might even say some players have regressed.  Either way, the bad angles, the drops, the giving up of punt returns for TDs does not fall on Grudens head.  It falls on the athletes that should all apologize to the fans for their piss poor play.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 21, 2006, 11:42:43 AM

But bear in mind the man is working 25 plus mill under the cap.  He is finally turning a vital corner in Bucs history, and has been able to get out of the cap prison he has been stuck in for years, and has some more draft picks available to shore up the lines.

Boid, as you know I've posted here many times: that is why the 2007 offseason is the lynchpin in the plans this team has for the future.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 21, 2006, 11:48:29 AM

But bear in mind the man is working 25 plus mill under the cap. He is finally turning a vital corner in Bucs history, and has been able to get out of the cap prison he has been stuck in for years, and has some more draft picks available to shore up the lines.

Boid, as you know I've posted here many times: that is why the 2007 offseason is the lynchpin in the plans this team has for the future.

And that is why if the Bucs win only 8 games next year, the season shall be considered a success.  And as unacceptable to me, and most that is, because losing is the worst, we have to acknowledge that.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Flagship Station « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools