Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 'niners look like a real football team « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: December 16, 2007, 05:29:35 AM

They have a new leader on offense and their D shut down the bengals. They also have an extra day to prepare for the Bucs. The Bucs need to win impressively and build some confidence for the playoffs. They also need to get past Carolina without losing anyone else to IR. It would be nice if we could have a better record than the wildcard team we will be hosting.

I can't believe the season has past so fast. Two weeks from today, the regular season will done.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 16, 2007, 05:35:57 AM

Oh god now were talking up the niners. They beat an average team. Has it come to a point that we now are talking about crappy teams, so just in case the bucs lose we can say "well they are pretty good you see they beat the Bengals, and the bengals have Chad Johnson they have to be good right and hes on my fantasy team So really if we lose people can say we didnt lose to  that bad of a team. Happened with the Texans now its happening to the Niners.

If we lose to the Falcons or Niners, they should ban us from the playoffs for the year

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 16, 2007, 06:37:50 AM

Oh god now were talking up the niners. They beat an average team. Has it come to a point that we now are talking about crappy teams, so just in case the bucs lose we can say "well they are pretty good you see they beat the Bengals, and the bengals have Chad Johnson they have to be good right and hes on my fantasy team So really if we lose people can say we didnt lose to  that bad of a team. Happened with the Texans now its happening to the Niners.

If we lose to the Falcons or Niners, they should ban us from the playoffs for the year
I'm sure there was supposed to be a question mark in there somewhere but, no, I'm not trying to set up excuses for potential losses. I was just making the observation that a team that has struggled all year played a respectable game last night. I also know our Bucs are not unbeatable. It's been four weeks since Garcia played a full game. Too many variables to make a confident prediction about these last three games. We have a team that is very young at a lot of positions. They are good but they are not consistent just yet. I will be surprised if they reach the NFCC game. Just for the record, next year I seriously expect they will be there. Right now they are gaining experience. Right now they don't know what they are capable of, and neither do we.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 16, 2007, 06:48:52 AM

Oh god now were talking up the niners. They beat an average team. Has it come to a point that we now are talking about crappy teams, so just in case the bucs lose we can say "well they are pretty good you see they beat the Bengals, and the bengals have Chad Johnson they have to be good right and hes on my fantasy team So really if we lose people can say we didnt lose to that bad of a team. Happened with the Texans now its happening to the Niners.

I'm sure there was supposed to be a question mark in there somewhere but, no, I'm not trying to set up excuses for potential losses. I was just making the observation that a team that has struggled all year played a respectable game last night. I also know our Bucs are not unbeatable. It's been four weeks since Garcia played a full game. Too many variables to make a confident prediction about these last three games. We have a team that is very young at a lot of positions. They are good but they are not consistent just yet. I will be surprised if they reach the NFCC game. Just for the record, next year I seriously expect they will be there. Right now they are gaining experience. Right now they don't know what they are capable of, and neither do we.

I agree thats why I think people talking SB is crazy. We havent played consistent football yet. Let alone beat teams we should beat. We need to first worry about winning the division then winning a playoff game.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#4 : December 16, 2007, 06:58:01 AM

Shaun Hill's first start is very similar to Gradkowski's. His first career NFL start, so the opposing defense has no film of him playing against an NFL defense. And he was playing against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I'm not that worried.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 16, 2007, 09:49:31 AM

Another backup QB wins a game.

Seems like every week there is another one.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

drywallbuc

Starter

#6 : December 16, 2007, 09:53:35 AM

Oh god now were talking up the niners. They beat an average team. Has it come to a point that we now are talking about crappy teams, so just in case the bucs lose we can say "well they are pretty good you see they beat the Bengals, and the bengals have Chad Johnson they have to be good right and hes on my fantasy team So really if we lose people can say we didnt lose to that bad of a team. Happened with the Texans now its happening to the Niners.

i love the bucs dont get me wrong, but we have problems with teams that are apparently average. we dont want to score td's in the red zone, drop passes like they are hot cast iron pots, miss tackles in the secondary (which by the way is really starting unnerve me). yes we are a decent team, but we have a ways to go before we can just show up and beat a team. we are a team that a bad team can have a really good day against, its happened this year a couple of times. if atlanta comes to play, we have a couple of turnovers, and thier def shows up we are in trouble. for some reason we dont matchup with teams that are really competitive or teams that finish strong meaning teams that play hard at the end of the game. were definatley on our way, if gruden and the bucs dont just meltdown and miss the playoffs, then gruden will be back for a few years, and with all that cap space and a couple of draft picks the team will look more like a championship caliber team. if we change coaches at the end of the year, it could be starting all over again.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 16, 2007, 10:10:04 AM

Once we clinch ....its about getting the hurt players healthy and not exposing Galloway or Garcia to a injury to win a meaningless game...and sorry but I love kool aid and if we hit the playoffs with a healthy team ....a good OL...GOOD BLOCKING ..RUSHING ..AND PASSING....a  dee line that is just starting to gell...players who were not doing much in the beginning arenow making noise ..Adams..White ...and even Sims who could be the the catalyst..in a line that is just finding its identity....if Sims can make a big push up the middle we should get sacks from White,Adams and Chuckwurah on the edge and Haye up the middle...this presure could lead to a rash of turn overs.
       The ol setting up a good rushing attack will lead to a lot of play action passes ...Garcia is the key ....if he stays healthy and gets hot we will be a handfull for any team including the Patriots.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 16, 2007, 10:15:10 AM

Garcia is going to be amped, stoked, or whatever adjective you like that best describes being fired up for the San Fran game.  That's were he began his NFL career.  He's a California kid, hopefully some of Garcia positive mojo will rub off on his teamates, which I think it will.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 16, 2007, 10:24:26 AM

Lets just beat the crap out of the Falcons first!!!

One game at a time.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 16, 2007, 10:27:45 AM

Agreed

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 16, 2007, 10:39:23 AM

It was just the bungles!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2007, 11:43:30 AM

I agree thats why I think people talking SB is crazy.

Who cares? Talking SB is fun. Doesn't matter what our chances are. This game is a hell of a lot of
fun for fans when their team is competitive and about to make the playoffs. Speculation, even if it's
a stretch at this point, is fun to engage in. I'll be happy with a first round win and take it from there.
But in the back of my mind, I'm dreaming about playing in Feb.

#13 : December 16, 2007, 12:03:50 PM

cmon guys, the 49ers suck...

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 16, 2007, 12:08:17 PM

What happened to the Bengals? Their coach was supposed to be this defensive guru and they've got the worst defense in the league. Their offense can't keep up which is also odd with the talent they have. The only thing I'm worried about with the 49ers is the trip West.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 'niners look like a real football team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools