Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Source: Stephen Jones « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 22, 2006, 01:26:03 PM

I always forget the conspiracy minded have elaborate and illogical explainations for anything even if they seem to contradict their own premise - the media wants to lay a clever trap even though you tell us they are obvious in their agenda, fans are too clever to buy dumb stoires despite the fact that you tell us most are drooling morons lucky to walk and breath at the same time.

i'm not claiming conspiracy, just pointing out that this story wouldn't have had legs in 2004...the last coach not named bill belichick to win a superbowl jumping ship in tampa to go to one of 3 teams who all did worse than the bucs?

i don't doubt that lamont is doing his job as an agent preparing for the unlikely event that gruden gets fired, but the spin in the trib was that gruden (not lamont) is actively looking (not taking precautions in case of a firing) for a new job on a playoff-ready team. that is clearly stirring the pot, misrepresenting info from his source to imply that:
a) gruden's getting ready to quit on the team and leave it in a lurch a la mckay (which, btw, is also gruden's fault)
b) gruden needs to ride the coattails of another good coach's playoff-ready team to revive his rep, beating a horse that's been dead for years, and never even existed in the first place

that's not a conspiracy, that's lazy and subjective journalism.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Source: Stephen Jones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools