Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody here miss Booger? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« : November 21, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »

I just wanted to get some feedback from here in the forum. I know many of us felt that McFarland was wasting a roster spot and cap room, but when he was still a Buccaneer he consistently got a rousing ovation during pre-game introductions at RayJay.

So be honest (and please no bashing of those who disagree): does anyone here believe the Bucs made a mistake in giving him up for a low second round pick?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 21, 2006, 11:54:26 AM »

No.

Wyms has out produced him with limited playing time and an ankle injury.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 21, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »

the DL has looked alot more disruptive with wyms and even bradley in, and the run defense hasn't looked any worse for his departure, so i say the bucs won on all fronts - money, team performance, and draft picks

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 21, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

Booger was a perennial under achiever, WHEN he wasn’t injured.  [banghead]   I am happy with a 2nd round pick and the several million of cap space created by ditching McFat.   ;D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 21, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »

I don't think it was a mistake.  He wasn't doing much here.  It doesn't matter if he lights the world on fire in Indy because it was evident that that wasn't going to happen for him in Tampa.

That second round pick could end up being more valuable than you think because it allows us so much flexibility on draft day.  Remember last year when Manny Lawson fell and there was going to be a tough decision between he and Joseph if he had fallen one more spot to us?  In that same scenario next draft, we could have them both.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 21, 2006, 11:57:09 AM »

What's to miss?  Hell, even with Wyms out we're getting more push than we did when he was here...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 21, 2006, 11:59:27 AM »

Who?  No, seriously, I felt we should have done this a couple of years ago.  I thought we would be better off rotating Wyms and Darby.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 21, 2006, 12:03:39 PM »

He's not doing anything in IND either so no. John Bradley looks to be basically the same dude.

But with an entirely different paycheck!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 21, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »

The Booger trade was the best thing this Franchise has done all season.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 21, 2006, 12:11:54 PM »

I don't miss him and like another poster said even if he starts playing well I wont miss him.  He never did anything here and I would have traded him and a second rounder to the Colts just to take him.  

The best part of this trade will not occur until just before next season.  That is when we wont have people asking if this is Boogers year to turn things around.  Plus I will be able to walk on any golf course in the Tampa area when its not football season.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 21, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »

Can't say that I miss Booger after watching EW play lightyears better with limited snaps.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 21, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »

NO!!!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 21, 2006, 03:44:41 PM »

Let's hear it for Bruce getting us another draft pick!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #13 : November 21, 2006, 08:45:22 PM »

just wish it was 3 years sooner ;D

TBYFLBuc

Second String

« #14 : November 21, 2006, 09:08:30 PM »

Whats to miss he was either injured or getting blown off the ball. Best decision the FO has made all year. We will end up with a starter with that 2nd pick. An absolutely AWFUL trade by Indy. WTF where they thinking..who cares its Dungy's fault he was on our team now he can deal with him.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody here miss Booger? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools