Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody here miss Booger? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 21, 2006, 09:52:40 PM

nope ... looking forward to seeing what we get with that second now.   We could draft a 6-pak of Coors Light and make out on this one.

Badbud8

Second String

#16 : November 22, 2006, 06:59:42 AM

Booger,,,,,,,WHO?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 22, 2006, 07:45:49 AM

Does anyone miss Yatta? 4bucs any comments?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#18 : November 22, 2006, 09:03:27 AM

I actually miss Yatta. Contrary to my deepest held faith, we have found an ROT worse than Walker.

I actually think that their performance has been similar.  The difference is that Trueblood can improve.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 22, 2006, 11:40:06 AM

I actually miss Yatta. Contrary to my deepest held faith, we have found an ROT worse than Walker.

2nd round rookie playing almost as well as Yatta, what are you missing?  False starts and holding calls?

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 22, 2006, 11:48:19 AM

2nd round rookie playing almost as well as Yatta, what are you missing?  False starts and holding calls?

the best thing trueblood does that  yatta didn't is balance out the run-blocking...aside from that, peppers still owns us and we've traded in holding & facemasks for tripping.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 22, 2006, 11:51:38 AM

4bucs - I wish it were sooner as well, I also wish we had someone better to put in, but at least we aren't paying as much.  DT is a huge need in FA or the draft.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 22, 2006, 11:58:01 AM

Considering Trueblood is a rookie starting next to a rookie, I can't really say much bad about his play.

#23 : November 22, 2006, 03:44:52 PM

I liked Booger as a person. I think he had good work ethic. I dont think he ever mailed it in. I dont think he speant too much time on the golf  course. I dont think he was just some fat slob. He was actually  a pretty damn good athlete for being 300 lbs. I think people who are angry with his results use these excuses to attack him personally. Even SR has done this. I think it came down to him not being as good as people thought he shouldve been. I wish he wouldve been a 8-10 sack a year guy and played teh run more consistently like he is capable. Not sad to see him gone, his presence is not missed. I only wish he was ever as good as advertised because I always wanted to like him

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 22, 2006, 03:59:29 PM

Nope.  Did not miss him when he was playing with us either.  Hint:  He was always invisible. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 22, 2006, 04:05:10 PM

Considering Trueblood is a rookie starting next to a rookie, I can't really say much bad about his play.

Watch some other rookie tackles and then talk to me. The guy is awful this season and better get a whole lot better.

Well, the point DTG was making is that he is working next to another rookie.  It makes it that much more difficult to have two rooks trying to figure out what the hell is going on when bodies are flying...IF they grow together, Blood has the potential to be a decent upgrade over Walker.

#26 : November 22, 2006, 04:06:50 PM

I wouldnt say he's awful. Hes been a decent rookie. I dont even think his game against Peppers was all that bad.

In hindsight I think Marcus McNeal mightve been the better 1st round pick, and then maybe a Guard or defense in 2nd round. McNeal could be LT and Davis RT. I always liked McNeal, but I will admit when we drafted Joseph I preferred him over McNeil and Justice. I still like Joseph a lot, butu McNeal plays LT which is more important. As long as he stays helathy he is a steal in round 2

PoundThaRock

Rookie

#27 : November 22, 2006, 04:34:12 PM

i dont miss his play at all. he wasnt productive and not a favortie of mine...i like hovan better he produces =]

#28 : November 22, 2006, 05:03:10 PM

i didn't even know he was gone. that is how much i missed him.

hell the d-line has been better.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody here miss Booger? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools