Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 17, 2007, 12:09:39 PM

Not really. There hasn't been a message posted about the other boards for quite some time. I should know, as I visit here daily.
But it nice to watch the folks who have hated this head coach and front office have to eat their words.   It also is interesting how this board can be so pro-Bucs, pro-Gruden while the other board is the opposite. Just interesting in my opinion. Maybe because the PR folks are actively posting on the MB with the facts.
AHAHAHAHHAH
Did you really just call the Official Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers anit-Bucs?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : December 17, 2007, 12:10:45 PM

Was your sig a prediction about the 2007 Bucs?
Nope... not at all.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 17, 2007, 12:13:10 PM

Talk to me after our playoff game.

< CLICK >

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 17, 2007, 12:14:13 PM

Talk to me after our playoff game

We are not interested in engaging in a conversation with Mrs. Shaun King.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 17, 2007, 12:15:28 PM

Talk to me after our playoff game

We are not interested in engaging in a conversation with Mrs. Shaun King.
Ouch.. thats harsh. But I do have a serious question. If we lose a first round HOME playoff game to an inferior team, will people still be happy and satisfied?

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 17, 2007, 12:16:26 PM

Why would anyone want to do that?

Snook

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 17, 2007, 12:17:49 PM

Why?  So we can read your excuses?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 17, 2007, 12:25:15 PM

This board is more like "Pro-Gruden Anti-McKay". I doubt many of you were even concerned about the Bucs winning.. more just about getting your boy Gruden a new contract. It's ok to root for a coach. But like Corsair said... obsessing over something you hate isn't healthy.

Simple-Minded.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 17, 2007, 12:31:40 PM

But I do have a serious question. If we lose a first round HOME playoff game to an inferior team, will people still be happy and satisfied

The problem with defining what is an inferior wild card team compared to the Bucs is difficult.  For one the Bucs could lose their next two regular season games and face an opponent in the first round of the playoffs with the same win record (9-7).

But I understand what you are trying to say.  If the Bucs lose a home playoff game to a wild card team that is playing on the road what does that mean?

I would not be satisfied at all becuase home games should be winnable.  If it is a close game but still end up losing it softens the blow but does not mitigate it completely.  For a young team reaching the playoffs helps but winning a playoff game is that much more important.  The hunger to improve and try to win a playoff game will be there if they are bounched in the first round.  But the hunger would be that much greater in the off season when a playoff game is won and you are that much closer to the Super Bowl.

That is my bar of satisfaction for the playoffs.  But for the regular season the bar has been met and surpassed so far this year. But the playoffs are a different animal entirely.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#24 : December 17, 2007, 12:36:07 PM

But I do have a serious question. If we lose a first round HOME playoff game to an inferior team, will people still be happy and satisfied?

I thought it was clear at the beginning of the year that we had no shot of making the playoffs or finishing better than 8-8.  for those that actually believed that, then why wouldn't they be happy?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 17, 2007, 12:48:46 PM

Not sure it matters what we as fans think, but comes down to what the Glazer think an inferior wild card team compared to the Bucs is. An what they deem is good enough for their Business.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 17, 2007, 12:51:10 PM

I started over there and then found Pewter, never been back.  Acually, took a peek a month or so ago, but the same negative BS.  What a pathetic bunch, not all, but alot.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : December 17, 2007, 01:10:38 PM

There is definitely a huge difference in the tone of postings. This board has been positive since the beginning of camp.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 17, 2007, 01:29:38 PM

None of these guys who refuse to root for the success of the entire organization, predicted the Bucs would reach the playoffs as a wild card, forget about winning the division. They hunt for anything they can find to attack and criticize about Gruden and/or Allen. That's all they care about. Team success is irrelevant and even Gruden leading the team to a league championship won't shut them up. As proof of that, he's already done it. The team, and individuals on the team, have set new records on offense, Defense, and special teams, and these trolls ignore that and continue their mindless tirades.

The one thing that makes them look so foolish is their claim of being fans of the team while ignoring the fact that the HC and GM are key components of that team. Cheering for the success of one and the failure of the other is not possible. 

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 17, 2007, 01:34:17 PM

The one thing that makes them look so foolish is their claim of being fans of the team while ignoring the fact that the HC and GM are key components of that team. Cheering for the success of one and the failure of the other is not possible.

I agree here Sparky...they definitely come across as more anti-Gruden than pro-Bucs...'

From 4-12 to 10-6 or 11-5 is clear-cut improvement...Winning the division after finishing last in the division is clear-cut improvement...these guys can say "talk to me after the playoff game," but regardless last year to this year has been a positive change...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools