Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

blitz

Pro Bowler
#30 : December 17, 2007, 01:36:03 PM

All the Legends over there are down for the count.  Can't find em.   They're on suicide watch.   Chronic, McKayrish, the whole bunch gone with their tails between their legs.  Funny...........

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : December 17, 2007, 01:37:30 PM

LOL. That's what I thought.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 17, 2007, 01:44:41 PM

But I do have a serious question. If we lose a first round HOME playoff game to an inferior team, will people still be happy and satisfied

The problem with defining what is an inferior wild card team compared to the Bucs is difficult.  For one the Bucs could lose their next two regular season games and face an opponent in the first round of the playoffs with the same win record (9-7).

But I understand what you are trying to say.  If the Bucs lose a home playoff game to a wild card team that is playing on the road what does that mean?

I would not be satisfied at all becuase home games should be winnable.  If it is a close game but still end up losing it softens the blow but does not mitigate it completely.  For a young team reaching the playoffs helps but winning a playoff game is that much more important.  The hunger to improve and try to win a playoff game will be there if they are bounched in the first round.  But the hunger would be that much greater in the off season when a playoff game is won and you are that much closer to the Super Bowl.

That is my bar of satisfaction for the playoffs.  But for the regular season the bar has been met and surpassed so far this year. But the playoffs are a different animal entirely.

I can agree with most of this.

My issue is that you've got guys referring back to the beginning of the year saying, oh, if you thought they'd be going 8-8 or worse then you should be happy. Well, everybody thought we'd be in that range because our schedule looked a lot tougher before the season. Not that we haven't improved because we can all see we have, but if you don't take into account the teams we've played and the injuries, collapses, jailtime, etc...if we have improved enough to win consistently when the other teams aren't injured. When we've played good teams we haven't looked good. The playoff game is the next game that looks to show if we really have improved. Beating the 49ers and Panthers with a 4th string QB should be completely expected, although I'm surprised they did beat Seattle.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

creekchub00

Starter

#33 : December 17, 2007, 03:23:30 PM

Plenty of Anti-Gruden talk as usual I am sure...haha
Love the picture BornaBuc
The defense has TRULY gotten better, and I think most can see that, the offense is better because of the O-line and Garcia....
We arn't a great team or even a Super Bowl team most likely but for people to still think we haven't improved tremendously relative to last season or previous few seasons is nuts IMO.

bucs8ball

Starter

#34 : December 17, 2007, 03:49:14 PM

Hey, ghost!

A bunch of ladies, are we?

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=152695

Start **CENSORED**, much?  ::)

clintro

Pro Bowler
#35 : December 17, 2007, 03:55:33 PM

Hey, ghost!

A bunch of ladies, are we?

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=152695

Start crap, much?  ::)

LMFAO!!!!!!

This thread about that thread about this thread........ wow i am dizzy!!!!

cobraboy

Second String

#36 : December 17, 2007, 05:41:29 PM

All the Legends over there are down for the count.  Can't find em.   They're on suicide watch.   Chronic, McKayrish, the whole bunch gone with their tails between their legs.  Funny...........
True, pretty much. Pattie is on the OT talking about his Alpha Manliness because he's buff and only dates buff wimminzes. Impressive.

But what's the big deal? A few long termers develop a culture of negativitity and disrespect newbies and contrary opinions. Happens on BBS's all the time, everywhere.

We know they are wrong, THEY know they are wrong, their pride and ego prevents them from standing tall, what's the purpose of rubbing their noses in the situation they, themselves, created? Besides, they've been very active in deleting threads they started, destroying the evidence.

Next Buc downturn, which is inevitable in the NFL, they'll be back in Full Bloviation Mode. Don't worry about that.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 17, 2007, 05:57:36 PM

Talk to me after our playoff game

We are not interested in engaging in a conversation with Mrs. Shaun King.
Ouch.. thats harsh. But I do have a serious question. If we lose a first round HOME playoff game to an inferior team, will people still be happy and satisfied?

Frankly it is only a few posters who regularly engage in pro/anti conversation and it is a huge understatement to call it beating a dead horse. 

As to the happy/satisfied query - Will the buccs have played well?  If so - then I can live with any outcome.  If they play poorly and win would that change your opinion - or are going to follow the lead of media and negative folks who just sit there and call wins lucky and losses reality.  If they win are you going to stop with the pro gruden vs anti gruden crap?   

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 17, 2007, 06:33:14 PM

Dbuc,

"If they win are you going to stop with the pro gruden vs anti gruden crap?

Tell me where I can buy some of that stuff you are smokin!! Never happen.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 17, 2007, 06:49:20 PM

I would not be satisfied with a first round playoff loss, but that dissatisfaction does not equate to me not wanting Gruden to get an extension. This team was 4-12 last year, and has suffered some serious injury problems this year as well and a number of new players and backup players have performed well. To me, that's what matters most.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 17, 2007, 07:08:49 PM

What some of you should be asking is what kind of idiot would take the Bucs head coaching job after they won their second division title in three years and decided NOT to extend the coach. Bad local media, about 20 percent of fan base living in Sugar Plum Dungy Land six years later, good division to coach in but erratic play by all participants ...
I would consider our season a success and yet simultaneously a disappointment if we lose in the first round. Heck, you always want to win the whole thing so ANY loss is a disappointment. It's just that the degree goes down by the round.

In Verner We Trust

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 17, 2007, 07:10:58 PM

Dbuc,

"If they win are you going to stop with the pro gruden vs anti gruden crap?

Tell me where I can buy some of that stuff you are smokin!! Never happen.

Just thought I would throw that one in to ol' ghost..  don't expect it to happen until a SB win occurs.

I would not be satisfied with a first round playoff loss, but that dissatisfaction does not equate to me not wanting Gruden to get an extension. This team was 4-12 last year, and has suffered some serious injury problems this year as well and a number of new players and backup players have performed well. To me, that's what matters most.

I am pretty close to that - but it to me it depends on how the buccs play more than anything else in my eval.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 17, 2007, 07:53:30 PM

To base your entire evaluation on the results of one game, even a playoff game, is a little absurd. 

If it's horrible weather and Garcia goes down early and the opponent QB plays his best game ever and we lose by <4, I'd say good job.
If we get pounded at home, I'm definitely unhappy.  Whole lot of in between there.

Oldtimer

Rookie

#43 : December 17, 2007, 08:45:58 PM

Curious how some of the so-called "Buc fans" who had Gruden being fired by the sixth game are doing the day after the Bucs clinched the NFC South.
Still in your head, oma? Let it go. If you can. You're the one that turned tail after your suspension and quit. Why bother? There are all kinds of opinions as to the state of the Bucs today. They won the South. Be happy with that.
You're like the woman whose man left her, says she hates him, but still asks around the neighborhood about his business.

Be a man. Or at least be manly.

Right now we should be concerned about how we finish the season, avoid injuries, and go into the playoffs with a full head of steam. I want me a home playoff win.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 17, 2007, 08:51:05 PM

There are all kinds of opinions as to the state of the Bucs today

You have piqued my interest.  What is your opinion on the current state of the Bucs and also the Bucs franchise as a whole moving foward?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools