Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Oldtimer

Rookie

#75 : December 20, 2007, 11:40:13 PM

Shoot, Cobra....I thought the Phins woulda made some noise too....Never thought that the noise would be that gurgling sound as their season circled around the toilet......

You know, I would guess that some would consider me a Gru hater, as much as I critiqued him last year, but he deserved a lot.
I do believe that some of the criticism that he received last season made an impression, because he has had some marked changes in his style this year. Perhaps he does have a semblance of humility that would seem to be somewhat refreshing.
Although I am still not completely won over, I will give him credit for a number of the successes this season. I'm still a little leery of his relationship/use/push regarding his players (Pittman, Askew, Hilliard, etc). But that's me.
There's no denying his ability to draw X's and O's......If he just managed people as well as he manages a game sometimes....
But I guess you can't have it all at once.
I pushed for ownership to sign him when they let Dungy go, and he won me over in '02. He lost me again in '03-'04........but I guess even us old dogs can learn new tricks.

It's just a game. Let's keep playing............

Again, Merry Christmas.

cobraboy

Second String

#76 : December 20, 2007, 11:51:29 PM

Shoot, Cobra....I thought the Phins woulda made some noise too....Never thought that the noise would be that gurgling sound as their season circled around the toilet......

You know, I would guess that some would consider me a Gru hater, as much as I critiqued him last year, but he deserved a lot.
I do believe that some of the criticism that he received last season made an impression, because he has had some marked changes in his style this year. Perhaps he does have a semblance of humility that would seem to be somewhat refreshing.
Although I am still not completely won over, I will give him credit for a number of the successes this season. I'm still a little leery of his relationship/use/push regarding his players (Pittman, Askew, Hilliard, etc). But that's me.
There's no denying his ability to draw X's and O's......If he just managed people as well as he manages a game sometimes....
But I guess you can't have it all at once.
I pushed for ownership to sign him when they let Dungy go, and he won me over in '02. He lost me again in '03-'04........but I guess even us old dogs can learn new tricks.

It's just a game. Let's keep playing............

Again, Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas Old 0-26 Timer ;)

Something I learned about the NFL a loooooong time ago: in the era of parity and salary cap, the teams are so even about every game is decided by maybe 3-5 plays...and a little luck.

Making "bold predictions" may be a way to TBBBB "Legends", but it sets you up for looking like a fool. I don't look down on TC for what he "predicted"; I just see the culture over there pretty much for what it is. He helped to create it. One can accept it or leave, 'cuz I doubt it will be changing anytime soon. I HAVE found some really good folks over there. The bloviators don't bother me at all.

I think Jon Gruden is much the same guy and coach as ever (I'll bet it was Jeff Garcia who TOLD him if he comes he expects the shotgun). I just think that this season he wasn't hamstrung with cap issues and had a full boat of draft choices, unlike seasons past.

It's amazing how better talent makes for a better coach..

Again, Happy Holidys to you and your family!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 21, 2007, 12:04:15 AM

You left out his "bold prediction" the 'Phins would be the surprise team in the NFL this season. I'm not sure he meant it in a one win way...

I'd forgotten about Chronic's statement that the Dolphins would be the most improved team in the league this year.   LOL!    The guy is consistent at least.   Consistently totally wrong.   Don't forget that he also was saying the Bucs absolutely had to sign Peerless Price when he was a free agent a few years ago.   And he also said Quarles was a bum and had to be replaced about 3 years ago (Quarles then went on to have a pro bowl type season the following 2 years).  I have no problem with people making predictions and being wrong.   But that guy makes his predictions then belittles everyone who disagrees with him at the time as if he has some kind of inside info and they are idiots.    Then he almost always turns out to be wrong.   

If he's not on that board now with another name (I think he's mod IV right now), he'll be back soon.   Him and PMI make that board a joke many times.   It's unfortunate because there are some good people over there.   

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#78 : December 21, 2007, 12:15:37 AM

He isn't Mod IV, however I have heard from a few that he has said he isn't going to come back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#79 : December 21, 2007, 12:23:05 AM

He isn't Mod IV, however I have heard from a few that he has said he isn't going to come back.
That is because any so called credibility he has had has vanished like so much smoke....the predictions he made were completely off target, not even close, which means he was just spouting off about his connections, his ability to prognosticate better than 99 percent of the intelligent people out there.

Honestly, he was a moron.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 21, 2007, 12:24:54 AM

I'm kinda curious why some think it is important to 'hold ones own', 'own' other posters. 'handle ones self' etc et el on a message board?

I think I know about 20 posters on this board personally and it is amazing how you interact differently when you do (knopw them). That's why I like the PR get together's so much, it personalizes things, I must admit I don't like Chronic, PG (aren't they one and the same?) and Patrick because they are bullies and have the need to possess a discussion. But then again, I don't participate in their discussions so it is no bones off my back. I have an account on the TBBBB but don't contribute much as I think it is so juvenile to be honest. My personal opinion is that it is ego driven.

I remember I had a bit of a run in with Boid when I first joined this board. With the benefit of hindsight I must admit that most of it was my fault IMO. One, I didn't understand Boid, and two I was new to the scene. We had about 2 days where we were less than pleasant but we worked it out. Since then we have been ok, though I don't think that I am high on Boids list of folks to check out. Not because of what happened but because of the way thinks roll.

A little bit of maturity and a little less ego goes a long way. IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : December 21, 2007, 12:27:29 AM

I'm kinda curious why some think it is important to 'hold ones own', 'own' other posters. 'handle ones self' etc et el on a message board?

I think I know about 20 posters on this board personally and it is amazing how you interact differently when you do (knopw them). That's why I like the PR get together's so much, it personalizes things, I must admit I don't like Chronic, PG (aren't they one and the same?) and Patrick because they are bullies and have the need to possess a discussion. But then again, I don't participate in their discussions so it is no bones off my back. I have an account on the TBBBB but don't contribute much as I think it is so juvenile to be honest. My personal opinion is that it is ego driven.

I remember I had a bit of a run in with Boid when I first joined this board. With the benefit of hindsight I must admit that most of it was my fault IMO. One, I didn't understand Boid, and two I was new to the scene. We had about 2 days where we were less than pleasant but we worked it out. Since then we have been ok, though I don't think that I am high on Boids list of folks to check out. Not because of what happened but because of the way thinks roll.

Spartan, I argue with everyone from time to time.  IT is the nature of this board...even a little trash talking is good for the soul, IMO.  I just don;t let it get me riled up.  How can I?  WE both have more important things to get upsety about, and this ain't it...this is therapy for me man!

I have absolutely NO beef with you.  NONE.  And enjoy reading ANYONE's perspective.  I go in thinking I can learn something.  Either about myself, or the game, or whatever...

No beef bro.  WE love the Bucs, I would buy you an ale.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#82 : December 21, 2007, 12:34:29 AM

Boid, you emphasize the point. Nobody agrees with everybody all of the time. You probably don't remember, and I don't even remember the subject, but we got into once but at the end of it we ended OK. It was in my early days :) That is my excuse and I am going to stick to it like a rock!! But, at the end of the day what is the point of getting annoyed with someone you don't know? There isn't really is there? You can have a discussion and if necessary agree to disagree. That's the way it is.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 21, 2007, 12:49:08 AM

Boid, you emphasize the point. Nobody agrees with everybody all of the time. You probably don't remember, and I don't even remember the subject, but we got into once but at the end of it we ended OK. It was in my early days :) That is my excuse and I am going to stick to it like a rock!! But, at the end of the day what is the point of getting annoyed with someone you don't know? There isn't really is there? You can have a discussion and if necessary agree to disagree. That's the way it is.
(Slaps five)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#84 : December 21, 2007, 12:51:10 AM

(Slaps five)

;D

clintro

Pro Bowler
#85 : December 21, 2007, 10:47:06 AM

Spartan, I argue with everyone from time to time.  IT is the nature of this board...even a little trash talking is good for the soul, IMO.  I just don;t let it get me riled up.  How can I?  WE both have more important things to get upsety about, and this ain't it...this is therapy for me man!

I have absolutely NO beef with you.  NONE.  And enjoy reading ANYONE's perspective.  I go in thinking I can learn something.  Either about myself, or the game, or whatever...

No beef bro.  WE love the Bucs, I would buy you an ale.

Sometime you learn that other people are stupid.... I wont mention any names.   ;D

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone venture to that other message board (TBBB)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools