Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the season went wrong? « previous next »
Page: 1

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: November 21, 2006, 06:01:17 PM

Gradkowski is the least of this team's problems. Given the way Simms stunk up the joint to start the season they would be no better off with him, and probably worse off.

LivinLegend

Rookie

#1 : November 21, 2006, 06:00:02 PM

Gradkowski is not that good. He may not have thrown alot of picks but he fumbles way to much. Is inconstient on hitting deep throw or any throws for that. He is a rookie he needs time to learn before he plays the the type of teams that we have had to play this year.

Grads is a rookie but thus far he compares VERY favorably with most rookie QBs:

yea and most rookie QB's play poorly. but he we be good later in his career.

#2 : November 21, 2006, 05:55:29 PM

That is very true and i do think we will sign some great players. But u think it would have been a completely different season if we had Griese? I do.

I just can't say that Griese would've done any better than we have done.  The man has a knack for throwing the most costly INTs.  Incredible.

LivinLegend

Rookie

#3 : November 21, 2006, 01:04:57 PM

1. No offseason improvements. We hardly spent any money this season while everyother team in our devision had some big pick ups. Keyshawn to panthers, brees to saints, Abraham to falcons for example. If you dont improve as a team in the offesason you are not going to be as good the next year because other teams are going to make improvements. Also we did over achieve last year with people playing alot better than expected example, Dan Buenning. When your best offseason pick ups are two rookie o-linemen thats not a good thing.

2. Brian Kellys got hurt. We are clearly not the same defense without him. this proves how important he is and he has been very underated. Just like when the colts came back on us when he got hurt and then our defense suffered. We need somebody that can be a great corner in the cover 2 scheme besides Ronde. Bolden is not that.

3 No running game. Cadillac is the player that sparked the tema last year. they way he started his career was historic. That gave use momentum early in the season and allowed us to control the games with our defense and run game. Without the running game this year we have not be able to do anything this season on offense.

4 The Ravens- They beat the hell out of us in the first game that really was a horrible way to start the season. 27 to 0 at home in the season opener. We got beat so bad that kyle boller even game in and got reps. Thats bad.

5 Simms injury. He got hurt in the THIRD game which we clearly had a chance to when. Yes he played poorly in the first two. Not all his fault but he definity should have played better. With him out for the year who is going to play QB. A rookie sixth round pick. We may have all hope he could be Ben  Roethlisberger but he is not capable of that.

6 Team Injuries. We have been a very hurt team this season.  Plain and simplekey players getting hurt, hurts a team. Kelly , quarles, Simms, Rice, Wyms, and even Walker.

7  Gradkowski is not that good. He may not have thrown alot of picks but he fumbles way to much. Is inconstient on hitting deep throw or any throws for that. He is a rookie he needs time to learn before he plays the the type of teams that we have had to play this year.

8 Recievers cant catch. Thats clear as day. They have had some key drops.

9 Poor tackling- the philly came says it all. B westbrook to give them the lead summs up y we are this bad.

10 not kick return ablity. When one part of your team is struggling you need to get a boost from special teams. We dont have any good returners right now plain and simple. Never returned a kickoff for a TD. Thats patheic.

11.Fans did not come thru this year. Bad turn out at games, bashing on the interent. Why bash Rice when he has been nothing but spectaular since he has been in tampa. He gets hurt once and now everybody wants to get rid of him thats crazy to me. Get rid of Simms for       Gradkowski thats a joke to mean. If we do that we will be completely restarting our rebuilding process which mean more bad years to come. Simms gives us the best chance to when.bashing galloway as a coward. Yea he looked and dropped the ball cause s. taylor. But i'm glad he did. He's to old to take hits from him. Yea he sould so more heart but he is WAY to old to take hits from people like that.

12 no sacks turnovers .we have to get the ball back to the o when it is struggling. give them the short field to help out.

Why the season didnt go wrong.
Gruden
Schedule
Age of defense
Cant blame them. For the most part i think grudens play calling has been strange and poor when they dont work. and they hardly work. but when you veiw them from different angle there is usally somebody wide open when he calls passes on third and 1 or fourth and 1 and the players have not come thru fro him.

To sum it up this team is bad at everything.  this year no defense, offense or special teams. If you are bad at all three phases of the game your going to lose alot.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 21, 2006, 01:09:21 PM

Concisely, the defense went from #1 (statistically) to the bottom.  That inexplicable drop is the difference between 3-7 and 5-5 or better.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2006, 01:15:44 PM

Gradkowski is not that good. He may not have thrown alot of picks but he fumbles way to much. Is inconstient on hitting deep throw or any throws for that. He is a rookie he needs time to learn before he plays the the type of teams that we have had to play this year.

Grads is a rookie but thus far he compares VERY favorably with most rookie QBs:

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 21, 2006, 01:17:25 PM

This livinglegend better have a flame suit like another one that I know......

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 21, 2006, 02:08:00 PM

yeah, the defense is free of blame.  I mean they are only one of the worst units in the league, not their fault at all.  Kiffen can do no wrong!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 21, 2006, 02:12:53 PM

I agree the fan bashing has ruined this season

LivinLegend

Rookie

#9 : November 21, 2006, 04:52:35 PM

1. No offseason improvements. We hardly spent any money this season while everyother team in our devision had some big pick ups. Keyshawn to panthers, brees to saints, Abraham to falcons for example. If you dont improve as a team in the offesason you are not going to be as good the next year because other teams are going to make improvements. Also we did over achieve last year with people playing alot better than expected example, Dan Buenning. When your best offseason pick ups are two rookie o-linemen thats not a good thing.

I can't really find fault with what you had to say. Most of your points were valid and made sense. The only point that I could argue is the first, seeing as how we really didn't have the money to spend this year, next year (27 million without cutting anyone) is a different story and most Buc fans will like the results.

that is very true and i do think we will sign some great players. But u think it would have been a completely different season if we had Griese? I do.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#10 : November 21, 2006, 04:19:00 PM

I can't really find fault with what you had to say. Most of your points were valid and made sense. The only point that I could argue is the first, seeing as how we really didn't have the money to spend this year, next year (27 million without cutting anyone) is a different story and most Buc fans will like the results.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the season went wrong? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools