Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Something to ponder.... IE, gruden... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 22, 2006, 12:49:10 AM

Even if we have 2 upcoming consecutive losing seasons ( which I doubt it'll happen), I still feel that Gruden is the man !.... Once we get all the missing pieces in the off-season I feel that we'll be the team to beat in the NFC South.

Only time will tell !

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 22, 2006, 01:19:10 AM

Great post.  I have said that if Gruden keeps us competitive THIS season, he earns the right to come back next season.  But, if we go out and play poorly the rest of this year, regardless of strength of schedule, injuries, etc, then I think we should consider making a change before next season. 
To answer your question though, I think we need to go deep in the playoffs and make a serious run in the next two years in order for Jon to retain his job.  We held Dungy to that standard, we need to hold Gruden to it as well.  He will have cap heaven this off season to make player trades, a great draft, and many returning youth that look promising.  Honestly, how many chances does anyone get to produce a winning team?  How many excuses are we going to keep making?  I cannot understand the logic behind that at all.  You just don't go out and spend the money we did on a coach like Jon Gruden and put up with losing seasons forever do you? 

I agree with you in principle...

I do not think that this season matters anymore... Mainly due to the fact that we are WAY WAY below the cap...

I think that after this offseason in which we have some great draft picks lined up, and a TON of cap room to not only sighn some Big time FAs but also bring back our best returning players, that the standard should be set much higher until grudens contract is up...

If the buccaneers fail to make the playoffs next year, but it is close, I think he is going to be then, treading on thin ice...

If we make the playoffs and/or reach the superbowl in each of the next 2 seasons, gruden should, And IMO deservedly so, recieve a new, Healthy, contract....

My point being, this season is lost... BUT the following two seasons the buccaneers should be primed and ready to make a playoff run, if not THEN is when the bashing should start...

$$$

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 22, 2006, 01:20:03 AM

Even if we have 2 upcoming consecutive losing seasons ( which I doubt it'll happen), I still feel that Gruden is the man !.... Once we get all the missing pieces in the off-season I feel that we'll be the team to beat in the NFC South.

Only time will tell !

I completely disagree with that, As stated above...

$$$

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 22, 2006, 01:27:05 AM

If Gruden gets the team to .500 with little added talent, and a few key signings, then he keeps his job. 

If he blows the cap, and the Bucs win 9-10 games, he keeps his job.

Gruden stays.

Unless he drafts, blows the cap, and the Bucs are still a sub .500 squad.  Then and only then, will he lose his job.  You freaking haters are killing me.

Open your minds and your eyes.  They are not working with a diamond farm here...they are working with glass.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Something to ponder.... IE, gruden... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools