Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookie QBs the first few games « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BP1

Pro Bowler

: November 21, 2006, 04:43:08 PM

I think he is going to be a good QB and we need to stick with him. We can't keep changing QBs all the time.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 21, 2006, 04:35:44 PM

Here is a breakdown of some of the current rookie QBs in the NFL over their first 7 starts (6 in Lienart’s case).  Although Grads is a lowly 6th round pick playing on a poor team, he still tops the list for pass completion percentage, TD:INT, TDs and QB rating.

** Grossman's starts were over three years.  All the others were back-to-back.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 21, 2006, 10:02:08 PM

Rookie QB's struggle - plain and simple.  But overall, I think he's playing well.  I think most of the "hate" for him is linked to the anti-Gruden virus going around.  I think with him being Gru's guy, it makes it easy for many to dislike him.  I'm looking forward to seeing how much he grows up over the next few years.  I don't understand why many can't accept him struggling at times, but they demand to see Stovall and Zemaitis, knowing they will struggle - but it's ok cause they will be "learning the game." Kinda double standard IMO.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : November 22, 2006, 01:09:46 AM

Wow.  How many more threads are you going to post with rookie stats?  Stats on Mon nite?  Stats after a full meal? Stats on Sun after a rainy Sat? Stats after mom cooked meatloaf?  All the stats in the world are not going to convert the nonbelievers---at least not before the end of the season.  Please print the above stats, laminate them, &  carry in your wallet for pop quizes.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2006, 01:17:55 AM

I think the key to Grads success is Gruden.   If those other QB's had Gruden for a coach rather than the coach they had at the time, I think their stats would be far better.   Gruden is a great boost for any QB's career.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2006, 01:19:26 AM

I think he should post those stats and similar ones until the ignorant folks here wake up.

Rookie QBs take a few years to show what they can and cannot do. For now, Grads is
doing fine. Got it?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 22, 2006, 01:21:28 AM

MJS, could you please run some stats on dumb posts by Karen? I believe it would be a landslide of epic proportions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2006, 01:23:41 AM

How about a list of rookie QBs with about 100 of them?  Not just an names-exclusive listing...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : November 22, 2006, 01:27:51 AM

I believe Coach Gruden said stats are for losers.  If we were winning you wouldn't be posting endless stats trying to convince some that Grads is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 22, 2006, 01:29:16 AM

How about a list of rookie QBs with about 100 of them?  Not just an names-exclusive listing...

You'd find that the numbers for anyone not named Roethlisberger and Marino are fairly underwhelming and, for the most part, not in any way indicative of their future successes or failures.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 22, 2006, 01:31:06 AM

I believe Coach Gruden said stats are for losers.  If we were winning you wouldn't be posting endless stats trying to convince some that Grads is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.

If we were winning, the same people defending Gradkowski would be posting stats to say he's got a bright future, and his detractors would be posting stats from 1999 and calling him the second coming of Shaun King.

Haters hate. Defenders defend. The rest of us sit back and see what happens, praying to god that Gradkowski shows enough to convince Gruden not to go sign Mark Brunell in the offseason.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 22, 2006, 04:48:47 AM

I believe Coach Gruden said stats are for losers.

I hope dalbuc didn't see that.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 22, 2006, 09:42:04 AM

Wow.  How many more threads are you going to post with rookie stats? 

I just thought it was interesting considering Grads is awful and has no future.   ;)

He might not be the long-term answer BUT for a rookie is off to a nice start.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 22, 2006, 09:46:36 AM

Karen, do you bring anything to the table? Please, bring something here for once, cranberry sauce, the dinner rolls, something! I'm not asking for much.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 22, 2006, 09:57:21 AM

Karen, do you bring anything to the table? Please, bring something here for once, cranberry sauce,

If you bring the sauce bring the canned type that makes that great sound when it leaves the can and still looks like the can. That's the best.

It looks cool but I just can't get down with the cranberry sauce. I don't know why.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookie QBs the first few games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools