Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: November 23, 2006, 02:18:47 PM

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't all of you with nothing but praise to sing about Gruden start a fan-club for him. You can call it Grudens Granduer.

The idea that we would or should have nothing to complain about with Gruden, IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!! Do you not have eyes, ears, ... a brain? Sure, we may disagree that should/should not be fired, but to demand that we all see Gruden as a great coach unitill the end of time is a FREAKING Joke.

Furthermore, to  say, "you are the only one not to support Gruden" is a major lie, and also assumes that all of us want to fir right in like a bunch a jack-ass lemmings! Gimme a break!

I care not that others disagree. But those who try to censor or stop my thoughts can kiss my rosy-red-ass!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 23, 2006, 06:20:50 PM

In reply to your innacurate hair splitting.. My only observation is that Gruden's players both in Oakland and in Tampa got sick of him. Deny it all you want, but you know it's true.  Certainly, you never here players saying what a great coach he is.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 21, 2006, 04:46:16 PM

He needs to stay right here and continue rebuilding this team.

#3 : November 21, 2006, 04:13:59 PM

http://forums.philly.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-eagles&msg=43848.1&maxT=1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 21, 2006, 04:17:07 PM

If Gruden became available he'd be snapped up in mere moments.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2006, 04:18:42 PM

I actually think Gruden would do well in Arizona.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : November 21, 2006, 04:22:06 PM

There's a number of places where Gruden could end up about a week after he was fired. Arizona jump right out at you considering the mess Denny Green has made up there. If Parcells leaves, you could easily see Gruden and Jerry Jones co-existing. Jeff Fischer fired? No problem, Titans hire Gruden. Del Rio el gono, hire Gruden. Etc. etc.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 21, 2006, 08:57:18 PM

What's he rebuilding?  I think Gruden finds it a lot more difficult finding a job than what many of you think.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2006, 09:00:25 PM

To:    Eagles4life2     (6 of 30)
    43848.6 in reply to 43848.5

gruden is a failure in tampa, and he would be a failure for the eagles.

We would have a team with players under arrest, no offense and salary cap issues.

To:    Eagles4life2     (7 of 30)
    43848.7 in reply to 43848.5

What the hell has Gruden done since the Super Bowl?

Look at the players he's drafted. He is 3-7 and should have been 2-8. You think Simms would have made a big difference?

He supposed to be an offensive genius but his offense has blown for the last few years.

It seems everyone on that board doesn't think Gruden would be such a good fit for the Eagles.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 21, 2006, 09:44:21 PM

he ain't going anywhere ... calm guru.  Just cause in your "expert" football knowledge you don't think Gruden is worth a penny, that doesn't mean the rest of the NFL agrees.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 21, 2006, 09:54:52 PM

I think he is worth billions of pennies.  He just isn't showing much of a return  ;D

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 21, 2006, 10:04:33 PM

DING ... it's like you have the "ding" by south west airlines thing on your pc every time someone says the name Gruden.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 21, 2006, 10:23:00 PM

I know it.  I guess I should cool it for a season.  Tell me where Bradenton is.  Is it near Lakeland?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 21, 2006, 11:35:45 PM

Come next year, I certainly hope Gruden is gone.

When firing Dungy, I had no clue who the owner would replace him with. Not many did. Infact, the way we hired Gruden was pretty unconventional and last minute. The owners (not football people) superceded the General Manager of the team, and plucked Gruden off of a team, and out of contract.. So there is no need to terrified about coaching candidates quite yet. We had little trouble last time.

Remember how much junk the Raider players talked about Gruden after he left? It is all so clear now....

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 21, 2006, 11:55:22 PM

I don't recall the Raider players talking about Gruden after he left?  What did they say?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools