Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : November 22, 2006, 12:23:31 AM

Come next year, I certainly hope Gruden is gone.

When firing Dungy, I had no clue who the owner would replace him with. Not many did. Infact, the way we hired Gruden was pretty unconventional and last minute. The owners (not football people) superceded the General Manager of the team, and plucked Gruden off of a team, and out of contract.. So there is no need to terrified about coaching candidates quite yet. We had little trouble last time.

Remember how much junk the Raider players talked about Gruden after he left? It is all so clear now....

Banned.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 22, 2006, 12:28:42 AM

It is funny, but the majority seem to approve of Gruden.  Yet, we have a firm distatste for the man.

Of course, some people on that site have said what has he done since the SUperbowl? 

Uh, Hello?  He won the South last year, and has a Lombardi.  That is what he has done.

Eagles fans are not the brightest, they are zealots, and Know very little to nothing (From my discourses with them).  If Gruden goes to Philly, I would not mind seeing Reid in Tampa. 

How is that for stupid.

#17 : November 22, 2006, 12:32:12 AM

So what have we gotten in return since Gruden's arrival ?  How bout a SuperBowl ring & last year's division championship !  I must say that I've been baffled a time or two with some of his play calling but  most times he does explain the reasons why on the interviews after the game.  I think that the drafting has been solid since his arrival & next year will be his first year with money to spend in free agency....

So what has happened to the Raiders since he left ?   hmmmm....& the Raiders players were talking smack behind his back....maybe the feel a bit different now...

Gruden is here to stay !  Like it or not....I do think that he is the right man for the job !

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 22, 2006, 01:52:39 AM

Drafting has been solid genbrooks55? I'm not sure about that.

When Gruden left, players spoke about broken promises, that he was a liar, and that he was abrasive as heck.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 22, 2006, 01:58:15 AM

When Gruden left, players spoke about broken promises, that he was a liar, and that he was abrasive as heck.

What can Gruen promise Keenan?

What lies can he tell?

A coach that is abrasive?  OMG!  They aren't in Church Camp anymore!

C'mon man.  This is NFL Football we are discoursing here.  The players don't need any more babying.  They got that in college and most likely in HS as well.  Time to act like a man, and play like your manhood depended on it!

Keenan asked for too much money.  How would all of us be if Keenan had signed an extension in this offense for 20 millions dollars?  We would all be pissed.  Keenan has had the luxury of looking good in an offense that featured GREAT PRO BOWL offensive players.  He was option 3, in all cases.  And Keyshawn?  Let us not make the istake that this guy is anything more than an egocentric role-player.  He is not a dominater, and he is not worthy of even his "Fave" coach, the Tuna.  BTW, The Tuna told him to shut up and sit down.  And then he got rid of him.  Speaks volumes about this loud mouth, no class punk.

Liar?  Based on what?  On what lies?  Maybe it is the players own failings...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 22, 2006, 08:41:23 AM

What can Gruen promise Keenan?

What lies can he tell?

A coach that is abrasive? OMG! They aren't in Church Camp anymore!

C'mon man. This is NFL Football we are discoursing here. The players don't need any more babying. They got that in college and most likely in HS as well. Time to act like a man, and play like your manhood depended on it!

Keenan asked for too much money. How would all of us be if Keenan had signed an extension in this offense for 20 millions dollars? We would all be pissed. Keenan has had the luxury of looking good in an offense that featured GREAT PRO BOWL offensive players. He was option 3, in all cases. And Keyshawn? Let us not make the istake that this guy is anything more than an egocentric role-player. He is not a dominater, and he is not worthy of even his "Fave" coach, the Tuna. BTW, The Tuna told him to shut up and sit down. And then he got rid of him. Speaks volumes about this loud mouth, no class punk.

Liar? Based on what? On what lies? Maybe it is the players own failings...

That was my feeling on the KM situation as well. Good post.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 22, 2006, 09:41:46 AM

Then you should have no problem posting quotes from oh, let's say, 20% of his players. Show us quotations from 10 different Raiders players saying that Gruden broke his promises, that Gruden is a liar, and that Gruden is abrasive as heck.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 22, 2006, 09:48:12 AM

Tim Brown magically was happy to join Gruden again in Tampa after ripping him a few years earlier.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 22, 2006, 09:51:54 AM

Tim Brown magically was happy to join Gruden again in Tampa after ripping him a few years earlier.

And players indicated that they were shocked and reacted badly at the time and were not so upset with Gruden as they were upset that he had them on the verge of something and then just left. Of course it was Al Davis who valued the draft picks and the money because he knew Gruden would be gone when his contract was up.

watson

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 22, 2006, 09:59:07 AM

The one player I remember that was supposedly ripping Gruden was Jerry Porter......and he has really done well since Gruden left...right?  And talk about a real team player.......

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 22, 2006, 10:44:03 AM

I know right?! Abrasive in the football world?! You have got to be pretty extreme to be considered obnoxious in the "thick skinned" NFL.  Even in this rugged circle, Gruden is considered an A-hole.

I'm pointing out that the same atmosphere in Oakland '01, is similar to Tampa '06. Gruden is the common denominator.

Draw whatever conclusion you wish.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 22, 2006, 10:47:18 AM

I'm pointing out that the same atmosphere in Oakland '01, is similar to Tampa '06.

Then it should be no problem for you to cite specific quotes from players supporting that conclusion.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 22, 2006, 10:49:25 AM

I'm pointing out that the same atmosphere in Oakland '01, is similar to Tampa '06. Gruden is the common denominator.

Your analysis is way off.  The 2001 Raiders went 10-6 and won the division.   

How do the 2001 Raiders compare to the 2006 3-7 Bucs? 

Edit:  The Raiders beat up on the Jets in their first playoff game and then there was the snow bowl with Brady and the "fumble" which the Raiders ended up losing.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#28 : November 22, 2006, 11:13:15 AM

Does anyone else think hiring Tim Brown as our WR coach next season is a good idea?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 22, 2006, 11:13:57 AM

I never said that the teams are similar. Never made that comparison. I DID make the comparison about the attitude of, and about chucky, in '01 and '06.  [banghead]

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools