Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 22, 2006, 11:18:39 AM

I never said that the teams are similar. Never made that comparison. I DID make the comparison about the attitude of, and about chucky, in '01 and '06.  [banghead]

And I will also point out that the attitudes were different with both teams as well which the records reflect it.  No one on the Raiders team or Raiders fans were blaming Gruden for the "foward pass" by Brady.  Many Raider players, Raider fans felt it was not fair and it was NOT Gruden's fault. Seriously do you watch pro football? Do you not remember the Snow Bowl or the "foward pass" by Brady as he was hit by Charles Woodson? Seriously?

This years team is 3-7 but they are playing below average and their record indicates this.  A lot of Bucs fans are blaming Gruden for the 2006 Bucs while in 2001 no Raider fans were blaming Gruden for the end results of that season due to the tuck rule.

Tim Brown magically was happy to join Gruden again in Tampa after ripping him a few years earlier.

Does anyone else think hiring Tim Brown as our WR coach next season is a good idea?

As a WR coach he would be excellent.  And Gannon would make for a superb QB coach.  Mann is not a bad WR coach but his group is experiencing too many drops for my liking.  And I have never been a fan of Hackett so I would be all for it to be honest.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 22, 2006, 11:27:44 AM

I DID make the comparison about the attitude of, and about chucky, in '01 and '06.  [banghead]

Support?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 22, 2006, 11:30:34 AM

Bottom line is that it is not the same atmosphere at all when you compare the 06 Bucs to the 01 Raiders. That is why I think your comparision is off.

Now if you compared this years team to the one in 2003 I could buy it.  Both teams come off suprise seasons, both make little changes in the off season, and both ended up underachieving. 

#33 : November 22, 2006, 01:53:28 PM

What's he rebuilding? I think Gruden finds it a lot more difficult finding a job than what many of you think.

You are literally 1 of 2 or maybe 3 people on this entire message board who thinks Gruden is a bad coach. O and whats he rebuilding? I guess the NFC South Championship last year counts for nothing because of one down year

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 22, 2006, 02:02:35 PM

Rondebear, one down year?  You are joking right?  Do we just sweep 2003 & 2004 under the rug?  It doesn't matter to me whether I'm the ONLY one on this board who thinks Gruden is not getting it done, not a bad coach.  You don't coach in the NFL if you are a bad coach.  But the guy isn't getting it done in Tampa. 

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#35 : November 22, 2006, 02:05:40 PM

I actually think Gruden would do well in Arizona.

He may with another QB. Leinart is not a good fit for Grudens system LMAO, or so people would want you to think that anyway.....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An outsider's opinion of Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools