Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone notice Derrick Brooks on the Redskins final drive? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: November 21, 2006, 06:34:39 PM

I see DB going into sportscasting, personally.  I have absolutely nothing tangible to back up that up, but he's smart and personable, so I think he'd do well.  

I can't understand a word he says unless I concentrate.   His voice and style of speech is not suited for sportscasting.    Quarles or Galloway would be good though.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#1 : November 21, 2006, 06:32:11 PM

Can't say enought about DB's spirit and love of the game.   His body just can't do what his mind knows it should do.  Looked pretty winded at the end.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : November 21, 2006, 06:33:26 PM

If I remember correctly I believe he is only going to earn 3 million next year. If he likes what he sees from our FA moves and the draft and thinks we have a shot at the playoffs next year then I hope he stays as a PART TIME player. Due to his rapidly declining skills I do not wish to see him back here as a starter. If he agrees to stay for another year as a situational player who could mentor the younger guys and provide fantastic veteren leadership, that would be the best case scenario in my opinion.

while I agree that would be an ideal situation, no way does  Brooks argree to be a part time player. He has too much pride, just like Lynch. I really hope he chooses to retire, I don't want to see him cut

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 21, 2006, 06:31:24 PM

If I remember correctly I believe he is only going to earn 3 million next year. If he likes what he sees from our FA moves and the draft and thinks we have a shot at the playoffs next year then I hope he stays as a PART TIME player. Due to his rapidly declining skills I do not wish to see him back here as a starter. If he agrees to stay for another year as a situational player who could mentor the younger guys and provide fantastic veteren leadership, that would be the best case scenario in my opinion. But having him back next year as our starting weakside linebacker is a step in the wrong direction if you ask me. Along with Brooks, I wouldn't mind seeing Rice, Spires, and Quarles gone either.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 21, 2006, 06:10:49 PM

Lets just hope he realizes, its time.

Go out with fond memories, not as one who is just hanging on.

HAve always loved ya DB. But its time to move on. Please don't make the Bucs cut ya.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

LynchPin

Rookie

#5 : November 21, 2006, 06:02:53 PM

Yeah, Lynchpin, I saw the same thing. It's sad. I was quietly thinking that it would be nice if someone who really knows DB and can be honest with him. His career is over. Hopefully, he'll recognize that and be a coach for the Bucs.

I think DB could be a good coach, but I don't think that's what he'll do when he retires.  I also don't think he has the voice to be a sportscaster.  He has a tremendous number of opportunities outside of football.  He's on the board at FSU.  He's starting a charter school.  He is very smart, well connected, and has lots of financial capital, so he can pretty much do anything he wants and he'll probably be very good at it.

LynchPin

Rookie

#6 : November 21, 2006, 05:58:24 PM

To be fair to Derrick he didnt really get beat as such for the TD. The guy was running in the opposite direction as him and he stretched his hand out only to just miss it. The QB made a rediculous throw which I guarantee he wont 9 times out of 10.

It wasn't like Derrick was covering Yoder one on one, but IMO if that had happened in 2002 he would have knocked that ball down.  You could see he he just didn't have the explosiveness to get to the ball.  I could have sworn I even saw Derrick roll his eyes after he saw Yoder made the catch, so I think even he believes a younger Derrick Brooks would have made that play.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 21, 2006, 05:40:51 PM

To be fair to Derrick he didnt really get beat as such for the TD. The guy was running in the opposite direction as him and he stretched his hand out only to just miss it. The QB made a rediculous throw which I guarantee he wont 9 times out of 10.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

fessy

Second String

#8 : November 21, 2006, 05:53:51 PM

I would still take Brooks over 99.99 % of the LB's in the league on the Weak Side.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 21, 2006, 05:10:47 PM

I don't see DB has a coach. Quarles yes, DB no.

I see DB going into sportscasting, personally.  I have absolutely nothing tangible to back up that up, but he's smart and personable, so I think he'd do well. 

I think he'd do well in politics.  Or maybe as the FSU AD, on his way moving up?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 21, 2006, 05:03:20 PM

i saw that drive DB got tosted i was like wow he needs to hanging it up after this year

acacius

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 21, 2006, 05:04:55 PM

I don't see DB has a coach. Quarles yes, DB no.

I see DB going into sportscasting, personally.  I have absolutely nothing tangible to back up that up, but he's smart and personable, so I think he'd do well.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 21, 2006, 04:59:25 PM

Yeah, Lynchpin, I saw the same thing.  It's sad.  I was quietly thinking that it would be nice if someone who really knows DB and can be honest with him.  His career is over.  Hopefully, he'll recognize that and be a coach for the Bucs.

I don't see DB has a coach.  Quarles yes, DB no.

richbucsfan

Starter

#13 : November 21, 2006, 04:57:10 PM

Yeah, Lynchpin, I saw the same thing.  It's sad.  I was quietly thinking that it would be nice if someone who really knows DB and can be honest with him.  His career is over.  Hopefully, he'll recognize that and be a coach for the Bucs.

LynchPin

Rookie

#14 : November 21, 2006, 04:29:37 PM

I love Derrick Brooks as much as any Bucs fan, but it was sad to watch him on the Redskins final drive.  He got beat twice by Chris Coolie on crossing patterns.  Then he dropped what would have been a game ending INT in the end zone.  Then to cap it off he got beat by Todd Yoder for the TD.   I'd be disappointed if any Bucs defender got beat twice by Coolie and once by Yoder on the same drive, but for it to be Brooks was double disappointing.  He just doesn't have anywhere near the quickness he once had.

Did anyone else see the same thing?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone notice Derrick Brooks on the Redskins final drive? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools