Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone notice Derrick Brooks on the Redskins final drive? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 21, 2006, 04:31:15 PM

On a related note:  We've had some trouble this year with Bucs TE discards

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 21, 2006, 06:36:15 PM

I see DB going into sportscasting, personally.  I have absolutely nothing tangible to back up that up, but he's smart and personable, so I think he'd do well. 

I can't understand a word he says unless I concentrate.   His voice and style of speech is not suited for sportscasting.    Quarles or Galloway would be good though.

True, he sounds like a slightly more polished Caddy. Caddy also looks a little like a younger Brooks. Odd.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 21, 2006, 06:46:24 PM

I agree that #55 is not as great a playmaker any more. The days of him closing out games with Interceptions and sacks seem to be over. However, He is still statistically one of the top 10 Tackling LB's in the League (Thats from NFL.com/stats).

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 21, 2006, 06:55:17 PM

I would still take Brooks over 99.99 % of the LB's in the league on the Weak Side.
[/quote

then you are wearing pewter goggles my friend.  Brooks wont make the pro bowl this year and if he somehow does its on reputation alone.  I can name several WLB's that I'd take over Brooks:  Bulluck, Briggs, Gold, Witherspoon. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 21, 2006, 06:59:58 PM

True, he sounds like a slightly more polished Caddy. Caddy also looks a little like a younger Brooks. Odd.

Yep.  Doug Williams speaks like that as well.   He was even harder to understand when he played for the Bucs.   They used to interview him and I'd think "what the heck did he just say?".

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 21, 2006, 07:38:47 PM

I see DB going into sportscasting, personally.  I have absolutely nothing tangible to back up that up, but he's smart and personable, so I think he'd do well. 

I can't understand a word he says unless I concentrate.   His voice and style of speech is not suited for sportscasting.    Quarles or Galloway would be good though.

My bad.  I suppose I'm showing my not-living-in-Tampa-ness there.

:)

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 21, 2006, 08:40:42 PM

he'd be a good coach but lousey in a speaking role....but thats later he'll still be here next year is my bet.

LynchPin

Rookie

#22 : November 22, 2006, 04:27:50 PM

If I remember correctly I believe he is only going to earn 3 million next year. If he likes what he sees from our FA moves and the draft and thinks we have a shot at the playoffs next year then I hope he stays as a PART TIME player. Due to his rapidly declining skills I do not wish to see him back here as a starter. If he agrees to stay for another year as a situational player who could mentor the younger guys and provide fantastic veteren leadership, that would be the best case scenario in my opinion.

while I agree that would be an ideal situation, no way does Brooks argree to be a part time player. He has too much pride, just like Lynch. I really hope he chooses to retire, I don't want to see him cut

I'm not sure I would call it a pride thing.  Can you think of any Hall of Famers who stuck around to be back-ups?  (Other than Emmit Smith, who should have hung it up 2-3 years before he did)  Frankly I don't like to see once-great players on the sidelines because they can't even beat out some average joe for a starting job.  Plus there soo many other things he could do outside of football that would make being a part time player a waste of his time.

nickerson56

Starter
#23 : November 22, 2006, 04:54:00 PM

I would still take Brooks over 99.99 % of the LB's in the league on the Weak Side.

co-sign...db is still quality

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 22, 2006, 05:30:27 PM

With the way Brooks has been playing he is not good enough anymore to play stronside linebacker and come off the field in nickel situations (I hope he proves me wrong)  I had hoped that a Brooks that looked fired up for the second Saints game would turn it on down the stretch but I am not seeing.  Briggs or June sound like good options for WLB for 2007.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone notice Derrick Brooks on the Redskins final drive? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools