Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hip hop fans « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#150 : December 31, 2007, 09:21:06 PM

Yes, there really isn't such a thing as a bad U2 show.   That one just happened to be the worst one I've seen.    What is it with U2 and their opening bands always being crap?   The other time I saw them at Tampa stadium, they had Los Lobos for the opener.   Los Lobos and Public Enemy?   Yuck.    I did see U2 at curtis hixon hall back in the very early 80's and the Alarm opened for them.   That was the best U2 show ever and the Alarm was a pretty solid opening band.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#151 : January 01, 2008, 11:44:11 AM

the Alarm has some great tunes.  That takes me back man...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#152 : January 01, 2008, 07:07:16 PM

If rappers are sooooo good, why, when they do a real live performance do they
bring like 10 other guys with them. Some of who, sing thier parts of the song????

I dont get it.

Please explain ronde bear..............
What rapper has others singing their songs? ???

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#153 : January 01, 2008, 09:14:28 PM

Buckwheat Zydeco opened for them one show as well.   Now that's what I call a good opener.

The best opening bands I've ever seen (other than rock superbowls) were Inxs for the Go-Go's, Eddie Money for Cyndi Lauper, the Beach Boys for Whitney Houston and the B52's for Ziggy Marley.    All of those lineups should have been reversed.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#154 : January 01, 2008, 09:04:43 PM

Yes, there really isn't such a thing as a bad U2 show. That one just happened to be the worst one I've seen. What is it with U2 and their opening bands always being crap? The other time I saw them at Tampa stadium, they had Los Lobos for the opener. Los Lobos and Public Enemy? Yuck. I did see U2 at curtis hixon hall back in the very early 80's and the Alarm opened for them. That was the best U2 show ever and the Alarm was a pretty solid opening band.

Hey they had the Killers open for them some on the last tour.  I've seen the Pixies (Lakeland), No Doubt (Vegas), and Keene (NYC) open for them.  I also saw a local band open for them in Atlanta becasue the opening acts' singer got sick (imagine that, you get a call and somebody wants to know if you can open for U2).  I think they like to switch it up.  Show diverse nature of their fans.

Zoo Station was the first tour I saw.  I was too young for that Curtis Hixon show (a friend of mine's older sister has a play list from that show.  Roadie lifted it right pff the stage and handed it to her after the show) and the Josua Tree show here was just before I started going to concerts.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#155 : January 02, 2008, 06:43:53 AM

A tribe Called Quest

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#156 : January 03, 2008, 12:34:41 PM

Ronde

Whats the difference between you and these guys?????

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#157 : January 03, 2008, 03:53:31 PM

LMFAO
wow, that was grea dr3z, simply great

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#158 : January 03, 2008, 08:09:20 PM

Ronde

Whats the difference between you and these guys?????

wow, that is actually sad to me.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hip hop fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools