Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next Season - Interesting Games « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lorax

Second String

#30 : December 11, 2007, 08:04:04 PM

So why doesn't UF play and regular season game out of conference outside the state of Florida?

BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO!! I LOVE IT!!!

No, because they don't HAVE to!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : December 11, 2007, 08:33:18 PM

Not OOC but The UF/UGA game should be a monster.

No kidding.  That game is going to be HUGE.

UGA is (or should be) odds on favorite for pre-season #1 next year.  I think they are going to be VERY good.  UF could be right behind them at #2, who knows.  I would say both will be top 5 though.

Not that I put much stake in pre-season polls, but just looking at all the teams and the talent they are bringing back I think these are 2 of the most talented in the country.  It pains me to say that about UGA but really, the winner of UGA-UF is going to win the SEC.

Georgia will have to earn it though, getting Alabama, LSU, and Auburn from the west next year. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 11, 2007, 10:30:09 PM

Is that game always in October or what?  I can't remember.

I might have to make a trip to that one.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : December 11, 2007, 10:42:48 PM

Yeah it is always around the same time.

I'll be there.

If you go, let me know.  We can have a beer,

Snook

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 11, 2007, 10:45:03 PM

Yeah it is always around the same time.

I'll be there.

If you go, let me know.  We can have a beer,

My cousin here is a huge Dawgs fan.  I might have to tag along.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : December 11, 2007, 10:46:41 PM

Hope he has ticket connections.  It's usually a big ticket.  Especially if both are ranked top 5-10.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 11, 2007, 10:49:20 PM

Hope he has ticket connections.  It's usually a big ticket.  Especially if both are ranked top 5-10.

Yeah, that's not a problem.  Could be 1 vs 2....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 11, 2007, 10:51:27 PM

c'mon what about Oregon @ Purdue or Boise State @ Oregon ;)

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 12, 2007, 12:38:29 AM

Just a note about that Kansas @ USF game.  ESPN is pushing hard to get those teams to move the game from week 3 to late August on a Thursday night to kick off the college football season.  Similar to K State @ Auburn this season.  It would be great exposure for both teams, but I am always worried about playing such a big game as your first game.  It is usually good to open against a 1AA team to get the kinks out before getting into the meat of your schedule.

We'll see how it turns out.  It sounds like the odds are the money is going to be too much for the schools to turn down, so it will probably happen.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 12, 2007, 12:53:37 AM

Just a note about that Kansas @ USF game. ESPN is pushing hard to get those teams to move the game from week 3 to late August on a Thursday night to kick off the college football season. Similar to K State @ Auburn this season. It would be great exposure for both teams, but I am always worried about playing such a big game as your first game. It is usually good to open against a 1AA team to get the kinks out before getting into the meat of your schedule.

We'll see how it turns out. It sounds like the odds are the money is going to be too much for the schools to turn down, so it will probably happen.

Yeah playing a tough non conference or conference game isnt a good way to start. Week 1 can ruin the season. Oregon opens vs Washington there rival Im not exactly thrilled to play them, e**CENSORED**ally with a new starter at QB. I rather play Utah State week 1 or some other bottom tier D 1 team

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 12, 2007, 11:26:38 AM

Just a note about that Kansas @ USF game.  ESPN is pushing hard to get those teams to move the game from week 3 to late August on a Thursday night to kick off the college football season.  Similar to K State @ Auburn this season.  It would be great exposure for both teams, but I am always worried about playing such a big game as your first game.  It is usually good to open against a 1AA team to get the kinks out before getting into the meat of your schedule.

And the way USF usually starts out, they need that tune-up game every year. Recently, they never seem to hit the season running ..... Hopefully that changes in 2008.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 07, 2008, 03:18:25 PM

Bama/Clemson to open the season in the GA dome.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/01/04/cfbopener_0105.html

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 07, 2008, 03:25:22 PM

Sounds like USF/Kansas is a no go then.  That's fine, we'll see them in week 3.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Next Season - Interesting Games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools