Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Smith is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : December 19, 2007, 09:51:42 PM

14 games *

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 19, 2007, 11:49:41 PM

bad move on smiths part if you ask me... what's he gonna prove that he didnt prove this year? He's gonna run for big numbers again....and ppl are gonna say the same things about his schedule/conference again.

Shouldve come out now and earned yourself a spot on a team.

Next year he'll blow out huge numbers against sorry ass opponents again and the only thing that will change is the wear and tear on his body.

original

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 20, 2007, 10:09:43 AM

Smith is returning because he knows by doing so, it will help UCF's recruiting and help build thier program to new levels.  He also can lead the Knights to a 3rd appearance in the C-USA championship game and to a 2nd championship.  He is doing it for the school that gave him the chance.  I wish more players would do the same thing.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : December 20, 2007, 12:18:33 PM

He is doing it so he can break the rushing record and possibly improve his draft status.  All that other stuff sounds nice but IMO that is his real reasons.  He said all the right things but this quote here is the key:

"A lot of people say, 'You ran for 2,400 yards this year, what else could you do?' " Smith said. "I think if I run for 1,800 and be the all-time leading rusher, will my stock rise or fall for next year?"

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 20, 2007, 04:44:32 PM

He is doing it so he can break the rushing record and possibly improve his draft status.  All that other stuff sounds nice but IMO that is his real reasons.  He said all the right things but this quote here is the key:

"A lot of people say, 'You ran for 2,400 yards this year, what else could you do?' " Smith said. "I think if I run for 1,800 and be the all-time leading rusher, will my stock rise or fall for next year?"

Breaking Dayne's record won't be near a travesty as breaking Sanders' record .....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : December 20, 2007, 07:15:57 PM

Breaking Dayne's record won't be near a travesty as breaking Sanders' record .....

I know.

14*

gatorgirl!

Starter

#21 : January 06, 2008, 11:20:43 PM

Just read on the ticker on ESPN during Sportscenter that Kevin Smith has declared for the 2008 NFL draft. Apparently staying for his senior year and making a name for the program just doesn't compare to the contract he might sign with an NFL team.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 07, 2008, 04:46:44 AM

Yep, so much for him staying for all the right reasons.  Can't blame him at all.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

gatorgirl!

Starter

#23 : January 07, 2008, 12:29:32 PM

Neither can I. Money is a hard thing to turn down, especially in a game where tomorrow isn't promised.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 07, 2008, 02:37:12 PM

I think that he realized his body just cant take that kind of a beating in the eyes of Pro teams for another season.  UCF would have ran him into the ground and probably taken years of his career.  Smart move to leave early and it doesn't mean that he doesn't care about the team. 

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 07, 2008, 08:35:47 PM

Damn too bad the Bucs backfield is a little crowded right now, because he would be a really nice addition to anyone's team.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Smith is... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools