Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« : December 19, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »

Not a very good mock IMO... I love Jenkins as much as the next guy, but I would much rather have Trae Williams in the fourth... I would much rather have an UT/WR or even a LT in the draft over picking a CB...

We do. Tanard Jackson moves to Barbers position and Sabby moves to FS.  P-Buc and T-Jax at corners and Flip and Sabby at safety.  I know, I know, but it sure looks good on paper.

That is probably a best case scenario type thing, I would kill for that to happen, but it would be tough to move a player playing as well as Tanard has...

Sabby is way way too big to play free safety.

Why would Sabby's size matter at all? Our safeties are interchangable, and even if we did play with 100% true FS/SS, it doesn't matter about size as long as he has the speed and coverage skills, which I believe he has... Size matters when someone is too small, Not many would care if we have a speedy 225 lb guy out there at FS that can help against the run too, and can play SS too...  Sabby fits nicely into that new S mold, the type Sean Taylor was, a true hybrid type S that can play either spot, and play either well... Hopefully Sabby can prove it on the field though, guess we will see.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 21, 2007, 05:35:40 PM »

Manningham sucks, and injury prone, he will be there in the 2nd round. And I wouldn't mind taking Frank Okam
Why would we take Okam? He isn't a pass rusher which is what we need... Hovan has been a very solid run stuffer and hasn't shown any decline, so spending a 1st rounder on a NT that we don't immediately need would be a huge mistake.
Okam isn't a pass rusher. The only reason you take him is if you think he can be a John Henderson type player, who has never had more than 6.5 sacks in a season, but clearly impacts a game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #2 : December 21, 2007, 05:18:30 PM »

Manningham sucks, and injury prone, he will be there in the 2nd round. And I wouldn't mind taking Frank Okam
Why would we take Okam? He isn't a pass rusher which is what we need... Hovan has been a very solid run stuffer and hasn't shown any decline, so spending a 1st rounder on a NT that we don't immediately need would be a huge mistake.

creekchub00

Starter

« #3 : December 19, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »

1.    Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey (DT) LSU
Unable to justify taking the best player available in McFadden, and with ILB James Laurinitis (if he declares) being a big reach from the number one spot, the Dolphins upgrade their interior line with this big active tackle.

2.    Rams- Jake Long (OT) Michigan
Since they don’t need a QB or RB, they go with offense (surprise surprise) and take the solid bookend tackle out of Michigan, who hopefully turns into the new Orlando Pace for the Rams.

3.    Jets- Chris Long (DE) UVa
Unable to take McFadden due to a pair of very good running backs already on the team, the Jets look to improve on their defense, beginning a strong core of your talent with he and Revis that will help them for years to come.

4.    Falcons- Matt Ryan (QB) BC
Jerious Norwood is the RB of the future here, so McFadden slips again as the Falcons replace the void left by Mike Vick and take a different, yet more polished and ready for the NFL QB in Ryan.

5.    Patriots (f/ SF)- Malcom Jenkins (CB) OSU
This has always been an area the Pats look to improve on, and blessed with such a high pick, they take the best player they can who they will be able to sign and fit in their system. I know a lot of people have McFadden here, but
there is NO way they would pay him, and he wouldn’t be happy with his playing time and role in New England, anyways.

6.    Texans (f/Raiders)- Darren McFadden (RB) Arkansas
The Texans follow the trend of the past year or so and fork over a future first round pick and a future third round pick (both in 2009) plus their first this year in exchange for this pick and the rights to the best player in the draft. The Texans have needs elsewhere, but none as glaring as the need for a franchise runner. McFadden is a once in a lifetime player, and should put a spark in the Texans offense.

7.    Chiefs- Kenny Phillips (S) Miami
The Chiefs have always been a well-rounded, balanced team, never too flashy but always a solid formidable opponent, and nothing ever shines as a weakness. They seem set on Brodie Croyle as QB of the future, and so they look to bolster their defense with this quick explosive playmaker from the U.

8.    Ravens- James Laurinitis (LB) Ohio State
Sure, they COULD take a QB. But they wouldn’t. They look to keep that defense sharp as ever, and hope that a QB will fall into their lap by other means.  So, they take the best linebacker available in this draft to fill in the voids left by Adalius Thomas and the future loss of Ray Lewis.

9.    Bengals- Keith Rivers (LB) USC
Fast, athletic, well prepared linebacker out of USC who should help this defense do something to help out the on-again off-again offense.

10.    Bears- Sedrick Ellis (DT) USC
The second Trojan in a row goes to Chi-Town to help rebuild this defense into the scariest defense in the league. They are in need or more physicality and depth, and Ellis is just a piece of that puzzle.

Read the entire NFL Mock Draft Here

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 19, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »

I have some critiques with this mock draft.

*The Texans run a zone blocking scheme and seem to be feel comfortable finding RB's that play in their scheme at bargain basement cost.  I doubt they would draft a RB that high or even consider trading up to surrender so much when they need every pick they can to maximize addition to their total talent pool.

*Gholston will more than likely go higher on draft day if he has a solid combine.

* ~spits out coffee~ Corner in the first round for the Bucs? Meh that is blasphemy.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 19, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »

Is that such a bad position to draft though, I mean look at it like this. Barber is getting older, Kelly may be gone at the end of this year, which leaves us with #20, #31, and #22 - Sammy Davis. That's not a very healthy corner stable.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 19, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »

It is worse than drafting a guard in the first round....

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 19, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »

Is that such a bad position to draft though, I mean look at it like this. Barber is getting older, Kelly may be gone at the end of this year, which leaves us with #20, #31, and #22 - Sammy Davis. That's not a very healthy corner stable.

I think that the biggest problem with it is that this is a DEEP draft for cornerback.  The team should be able to get a very good player there in the second.  Personally, I'd go with Kelly here, although that would mean no DT until the third at the earliest, assuming a second round corner.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 19, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »

Would love to have Jenkins as a Buc in the 1st, but that may be more of my Bulls alum colors coming through.  Trae Williams is the other USF corner in the draft and may even be a better fit for what the Bucs run.  I wouldn't necessarily put CB at the top of my Buc 1st round wish list, but if it's Mike Jenkins I can't complain too much.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

« #9 : December 19, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »

I wouldnt mind that pick if we dont address the CB position thru FA. I dont like sammy davis very much. he made a 1 or 2 nice plays this season, but to me he reminds me of Juran Bolden. He is a liability in pass coverage. And i am not sold on buchanon yet. I like him as a nickel back but i dont want him starting every sunday for the next 5-7 years

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 19, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Buchanon has more than proven himself from last season and this season.  For a player people said was soft when it comes to tackling he is right up there in the top five in tackles for this team.  Coaching does make a difference for some players.

Trae Williams is the other USF corner in the draft and may even be a better fit for what the Bucs run

Correct and not only that but he will be available beyond round 1.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 19, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »

P Buc is fine by me as one of the future starting corners after Barber and BK (he's really starting for BK right now anyway.)  He has gotten beat at times this season, but that happens to corners.  He's made more plays in both pass and run support that he's more than made up for his share of gaffs.  As you said ADW, he's preceding rep has not turned up in Tampa.  That's alot of vet leadership and great coaching from Kiffin and now Morris.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 19, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »

Sammy Davis is coming on too. We could replace Ronde & BK with those two and draft for depth. Such a plan.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

clintro

Pro Bowler
« #13 : December 19, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »

I think we have two potential replacements for BK in Buchanan and Davis (if he keeps improving)

I am concerned we don't have one for Barber. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 19, 2007, 12:38:08 PM »

IF the buccs can find the right UT in this draft the entire defense will look better... just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools