Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 19, 2007, 12:38:37 PM

Not sold on Sammy Davis yet but I have to admit he is improving.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 19, 2007, 12:38:55 PM

I think we have two potential replacements for BK in Buchanan and Davis (if he keeps improving)

I am concerned we don't have one for Barber.

We do. Tanard Jackson moves to Barbers position and Sabby moves to FS.  P-Buc and T-Jax at corners and Flip and Sabby at safety.  I know, I know, but it sure looks good on paper.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 19, 2007, 12:41:30 PM

Tanard Jackson could play corner in this defensive scheme but I do not think they would want to disrupt his comfortable level that he has found at safety.  Why mess with perfection? 8)

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 19, 2007, 12:47:48 PM

IF the buccs can find the right UT in this draft the entire defense will look better... just sayin'

Although you do have a point, but we're going to need our new Ronde soon, maybe sooner than some of us think. Like others have said I am not sold on Davis, he is improving but how much more will he improve? P.Buc is a solid #2 corner but what happens when he goes down, we're left with Davis and Barber and nothing behind them except Cox who has issues he can't seem to shake. Maybe convert W. Allen to CB? Didn't he play CB at Ohio State? Even then CB could become a liability in a hearbeat. I Like Mike Jenkins in the 1st, but Trae Williams lead the Bulls in INT's this year, so with that said do you guys think his skill set is the closest to Barber, or is there someone else in this draft that just screams Ronde. I really wanted Richard Marshall a couple years ago, but the panthers snagged him a pick before us. I was so mad.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#19 : December 19, 2007, 12:49:08 PM

Dont get me wrong, i hope both can do it,i really do that way we dont have to use money in FA or draft picks to address it,  but sammy davis still worries me. He has shown some flashes i.e. the tackle in the backfield on the WR screen. But i have seen alot of QB's throw his way. Yes, he has defelcted a few balls away and made some nice plays, but most of the time the passes are completed  and if they are not its because the Wr couldnt hold on to it.

I like and hope buchanon can do it, he has showed steady improvement but in the last few weeks he has been exposed a little. Hopefully he can get back to the fundamentals and the coaches keep coaching him up.

But Sammy needs to show me alot more before i annoint him a starting CB on our defense, nonetheless our starting nickel back.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#20 : December 19, 2007, 01:00:42 PM

QB- I think we keep all the QBs thru training camp and end up with Garcia, Plummer and McNown.  Maybe Gruden brings in 20 QBs this year!!!!

RB- I think both Bennett and Pittman get a chance to earn a position.  Alstott retires before training camp (maybe before the end of the year).  More than likely Bennett gets cut when Williams is ready to come back if it is in time next year.

WR- I think Clayton will be fine and will have an opportunity to start.  I hope we bring in 2 or 3 WRs to compete.

KR-I think Jones wont be back because of his injury.  If he is health for the START of training camp he will get a shot.  Nothing against Spurlock but most speed guys could have taken that kick back.  I hope I am wrong and we have found our answer.

TE- We knew what we where getting when we got Stevens and I don’t believe he has had any more problems since he has joined up with us.  I think Becht is gone never really have liked him.

OL- We just need to start over at Center.  Wade might be back for a minimum salary as depth.

DL- I think Carter has served his purpose and is gone.  Look for one big name here in the middle in free agency (but not too big).

LB- I think Trotter like Carter has served his purpose and will be gone.  I think Niece is a bubble guy depends on what happens but he is pretty versatile so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here.  June sticks around and will replace Brooks when the time comes.

CB- We are ok for next year but may need to shop for the year after depending on what happens with Davis and how he develops.  Need a young Barber to learn under him for the next few years.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2007, 01:20:37 PM

We do. Tanard Jackson moves to Barbers position and Sabby moves to FS.  P-Buc and T-Jax at corners and Flip and Sabby at safety.  I know, I know, but it sure looks good on paper.
Sabby is way way too big to play free safety.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2007, 01:27:37 PM

QB- I think we keep all the QBs thru training camp and end up with Garcia, Plummer and McNown. Maybe Gruden brings in 20 QBs this year!!!!

RB- I think both Bennett and Pittman get a chance to earn a position. Alstott retires before training camp (maybe before the end of the year). More than likely Bennett gets cut when Williams is ready to come back if it is in time next year.

WR- I think Clayton will be fine and will have an opportunity to start. I hope we bring in 2 or 3 WRs to compete.

KR-I think Jones wont be back because of his injury. If he is health for the START of training camp he will get a shot. Nothing against Spurlock but most speed guys could have taken that kick back. I hope I am wrong and we have found our answer.

TE- We knew what we where getting when we got Stevens and I don’t believe he has had any more problems since he has joined up with us. I think Becht is gone never really have liked him.

OL- We just need to start over at Center. Wade might be back for a minimum salary as depth.

DL- I think Carter has served his purpose and is gone. Look for one big name here in the middle in free agency (but not too big).

LB- I think Trotter like Carter has served his purpose and will be gone. I think Niece is a bubble guy depends on what happens but he is pretty versatile so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here. June sticks around and will replace Brooks when the time comes.

CB- We are ok for next year but may need to shop for the year after depending on what happens with Davis and how he develops. Need a young Barber to learn under him for the next few years.

QB's - Plummer will not be here, he pretty much all but said that by not coming out of retirement. I think the list goes like this: Garcia, Simms, McCown

RB's -  Graham is a lock to stay, he has proven his worth to this team yet again. Bennett could possibly make this team and become a change of pace back in a rotation as he'll have a better grasp of this offense through the OTA's and training camp. Pittman is very valuable to this team and he will return for one more year. Carnell will more than likely not return in 08 so we might start looking for his replacement if he's not on the roster already.

WR's - 08 may be Galloway's last year, So we will have to look for his replacement this year in the draft or FA. Clayton or Stovall REALLY need to step up big and I think they will. Also Look for Paris Warren to return and possibly make a splash and compete With Ike (if he returns) Stovall and Clayton.

KR - Spurlock has the nod on kickoff's and I think you'll see more of him in the pre-season on punt returns, bye bye Mark Jones

TE's - Smith is a lock, but behind him is kind of sketchy. I think we will look to bring in a FA and also draft another TE on day 2.

OL -  I agree we need to add a solid center to compete with Wade and Buenning

DL - Desperately need a stud UT addressed either through the draft or FA. Also need some added depth at DE

LB's - I think the odd man out this year is Nece. Once Hayward returns to the practice field he'll more than likely nudge Nece. Esp. since we have Trotter there from him to learn from as well as Brooks. I believe June stays right where he is at and we start bringing Quincy Black into the picture, as Brook's eventual replacement. We need to add more depth at MLB we really have nobody behind Ruud. Pick up a few day 2 LB's to be thrown in the mix or address depth in FA

CB's - Def. need to start looking for a Barber replacement, I'm not sold on Sammy Davis or P.Buc as our starting CB's if Barber goes down. I believe we will deal B.K. for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Also we could move W. Allen into the corner spot if need be

S - We have Depth Behind Phillips, but if we move Allen to CB that leaves us with only 3 S's T.Jax J.P. and Sabby. I think we look to FA for depth at safety

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 19, 2007, 01:30:23 PM

While I agree that a 1st round corner is more of a luxury than a need in our defensive system, Gruden values them and it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it shakes out.

If Calais Campbell is still on the board by the middle of round one I'd love to see us trade up to nab him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 19, 2007, 01:34:26 PM

Gruden also highly values TE's but I would break a TV set if the Bucs drafted a TE or CB in the first round IMVHO. :P

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 19, 2007, 01:38:08 PM

No way McFadden slip[s past Atlanta is he is still available...not a chance in hell.

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 19, 2007, 01:39:44 PM

i have a critique with 2/3 of the first round picks as well as every Bucs pick besides Mike Jenkins

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 19, 2007, 01:41:33 PM

i have a critique with 2/3 of the first round picks as well as every Bucs pick besides Mike Jenkins

:o

2/3?  For the most part I found it to be fine.  As for the Bucs picks I do not see the Bucs spending a 4th round pick on a FB seeing Askew has pretty much nailed the job down.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 19, 2007, 01:46:50 PM

:o

2/3? For the most part I found it to be fine. As for the Bucs picks I do not see the Bucs spending a 4th round pick on a FB seeing Askew has pretty much nailed the job down.

I don't know if I'd say 2/3s either, but there are some *really* questionable calls in it.  On the whole, I was fairly unimpressed with it (he said despite being too lazy to make one himself), even with my not being horrified by the idea of the Bucs spending a first on a corner.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#29 : December 19, 2007, 01:54:08 PM

I think it stinks, especially for us.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools