Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

clintro

Pro Bowler
#30 : December 19, 2007, 01:59:50 PM

Just my prediction on the Plummer deal.... don't worry if i am wrong you can throw it in my face next TC... :)

anberlinrawk

Rookie

#31 : December 19, 2007, 02:03:16 PM

Thanks guys :P (this is my mock)

This is my first one, and an early one, and I take criticism in mind when I make my next one.

And the idea with Hester is that he isn't REALLY a fullback. He would be kinda like a Chris Cooley.

And if you people are SERIOUS about taking Campbell out of Miami you are dumb. Who's spot is he going to take?

But this is just my very first mock, I like to mix things up and venture away from the norm for the first couple, so in a couple weeks I will come out with a new one and it should be a little different.

And if you have a critique for so many picks, why don't you share some of them? This is a mock draft I am making in December, of course it isn't perfect, but if you have something to say, then say it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 19, 2007, 03:36:01 PM

Comments:

Bears - Sedrick Ellis: Chicago already has a quick first step pass rusher in Tommie Harris. Usually teams have one tackle who can penetrate and one to hold blocks. It's hard to see them not going with a QB or offensive line here.

Vikings - Jeff Otah: Not many teams have two first round tackles. Hard to justify this with the money they are paying McKinney, Hutch, and Birk. Logic says wide receiver or edge rusher here.

Chargers - Sam Baker: Good value but they're already set with McNeil on the left side and by all accounts Baker is a fineese tackle and not suited for the right side. And Shane Olivea is pretty good and still young. I could see them going d-line or inside linebacker.

Giants - Steve Justice: Assuming Coughlin is still the coach, doesn't he come from the Parcells school of memmoth offensive linemen? Seems an odd fit if he really is 284 lbs.

Packers - Mike Hart: I'm not so sure Hart will even go day one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#33 : December 20, 2007, 11:26:51 AM

Of course I do like DeSean Jackson and Mario Manningham in the first, but both have weight issues and I'd be worried about them getting off the line unless they add some bulk. Either one would be a fine replacement for Galloway and Jackson is the next special team threat for returning kickoffs and punts IMO.

If we crucify the Gator Wideouts and QB's we shouldnt have any thought about ANOTHER Michigan WR...pretty much ALL BUSTS

anberlinrawk

Rookie

#34 : December 19, 2007, 05:01:42 PM

Thanks, like I said, keep it coming with the insight. I wanna perfect this thing and info like that is much appreciated.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 19, 2007, 05:11:03 PM

And if you people are SERIOUS about taking Campbell out of Miami you are dumb. Who's spot is he going to take?

Our DL uses heavy rotation, so having another stud DE wouldn't go to waste.  I honestly think Campbell could be an absolute animal in the interior, though.

#36 : December 19, 2007, 05:11:39 PM

the Bucs pick.......
Aqib Talib

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 19, 2007, 05:14:22 PM

the Bucs pick.......
Aqib Talib

anberlinrawk has him going at #11 to the Eagles, so that would be ... tricky.

:p

anberlinrawk

Rookie

#38 : December 19, 2007, 06:19:41 PM

Our DL uses heavy rotation, so having another stud DE wouldn't go to waste.  I honestly think Campbell could be an absolute animal in the interior, though.

after i posted that, i thought about moving him inside.

but still, i don't think a first round pick should be spent on a guy who would be a project to move inside, or on a 3rd defensive end.

#39 : December 19, 2007, 06:20:44 PM

have not seen any averages  of mocks showing him that high.....

#40 : December 19, 2007, 06:24:12 PM

I found his name here....http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html
and then started reading up

thanson

Starter

#41 : December 19, 2007, 07:07:54 PM

I think we have two potential replacements for BK in Buchanan and Davis (if he keeps improving)

I am concerned we don't have one for Barber.

We do. Tanard Jackson moves to Barbers position and Sabby moves to FS.  P-Buc and T-Jax at corners and Flip and Sabby at safety.  I know, I know, but it sure looks good on paper.

Nothing like having too many good players and not knowing what to do with all of them

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 19, 2007, 07:10:07 PM

We'd be IDIOTS to pass on Malcolm Kelly, he reminds me alot like a T.O.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 19, 2007, 07:15:18 PM

I know we don't have a 7th rounder this year as part of the Plummer deal.  I believe the Bennett trade cost us a 6th this year as well.  They'll probably get one or two late Day 2 picks as comp picks though.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 19, 2007, 07:20:54 PM

Why would the Bucs take a cover 2 corner in the first round? Most cover two corners can be found round 2-4, spending a first round pick on a corner is not what this team does. When was the last time the Bucs used a first round pick on a  corner? Look at playmakrs on offense or a UT or a DE this year with the first round pick. Also if either Keith Rivers or James Laurinitis drops in the draft would not be surprised to see the Bucs take either one of them in the first round.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Draft Look « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools