Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: dwayne jarrett? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2006, 10:50:42 PM

Is he entering the draft? I know USC WR's havent been awesome for us :) but.. damn this guy is playing lights out in the ND game.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 25, 2006, 10:52:13 PM

All I can think of is BMW.  Scary.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2006, 10:53:24 PM

Is he entering the draft? I know USC WR's havent been awesome for us :) but.. damn this guy is playing lights out in the ND game.

there will probably be four WRs from this game in the draft:

Jarret
Smith
McKnight
Samardzija

This years's WR class is very deep.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 26, 2006, 10:56:05 AM

although nobody liked his attitude, Keyshawn was actually quite productive for us and played a key role in our title run. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2006, 10:59:35 AM

All I can think of is BMW. Scary.

BMW is heavier, slower and has character flaws.  Jarrett has the potential to be everything BMW could have been.

#5 : November 26, 2006, 11:10:12 AM

Jarrett showed us the whole package last night.  Speed, route-running, hands, all of it.  Quite a performance.

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2006, 03:17:08 PM

Give me Calvin Johnson over any of the receivers in that ND/USC game last night.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 26, 2006, 03:20:03 PM

would you be pissed if we took calvin and jarrett?

Build the defense with free agents and trades?

#8 : November 26, 2006, 03:25:39 PM

would you be pissed if we took calvin and jarrett?

Build the defense with free agents and trades?
unless we trade into the mid first round we won't get both...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 26, 2006, 03:26:30 PM

Why are we talking about taking another day one WR when we can't get the one we took this year off the banch?

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 26, 2006, 04:05:15 PM

I'd love to have both Jarrett and Johnson. The Bucs offense needs a young dynamic playmaker like Calvin Johnson, Tedd Ginn or Jerrett. Galloway is our only receiving threat and he is getting old quick. The Bucs will have a top 3 pick there is NO defensive player worth taking in the top 3 choices. Our 1st Round draft choice will be on the offensive side of the ball again, so deal with it. The free agent pool is loaded with defensive studs, so the Bucs will address the defense through free agency or that would make sense to do it that way.

#11 : November 26, 2006, 08:59:26 PM

I would love to see us grab a wide receiver in round 1, preferably Johnson. I know we desperately need defensive help, but the fact remains that the offense has been just as pitiful and requires an equal amount of retooling, specifically the receiving corps. We have young, promising players on the o-line, a great young back in Cadillac, and a solid tight end in Alex Smith. The problem is, outside of Joey Galloway who is not getting any younger, there are no playmakers in this receiving corps. Getting a stud like Calvin Johnson, who I believe is a once in a generation player, would not only give the O a great receiving threat, his huge frame would help Grads, Simms, or whoever is throwing the ball for us next year. His presence would hopefully force opposing D's to at least back of the line of scrimmage and give Caddy some room. I wouldn't mind the Bucs grabbing Jarret either, then they can go defense with the rest of their 1st day picks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 26, 2006, 09:09:29 PM

Szmardja and Stovall would be a HUGE WR lineup.  And they aren't the fastest of guys either.  From what I can see, speed and quickness are more desirable traits than being big and ball-controll-type-wideouts, in Grudens system. 

And please no Clayton in his rookie season postings.  He was all the Bucs had, and it might have been a fluke anyway based on what we have seen of him the last two years.

#13 : November 27, 2006, 11:01:35 AM

Is Jarret > Calvin Johnson?

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 27, 2006, 01:00:45 PM

I have not seen to much of calvin.. but mostly everyone here says he is..

I just want someone with speed and hands..

We could of had lee evens if we moved up a few spots instead of clayton.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: dwayne jarrett? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools