Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

#150 : December 31, 2007, 06:35:54 PM

Guys, Georgia is Florida's biggest all-time and present rivalry...Florida State needs to get A LOT better before they are the bigger rivalry again.

Florida State was the bigger game in 90's...not now.

LOL aside from this year, Gerogia still hasnt been a  better program even through the lowest point in FSU's last 20 years

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#151 : December 31, 2007, 06:57:22 PM

Georgia has been the better program for a while. Since 2001, FSU has lost 31 games while Georgia has lost 19 games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#152 : January 01, 2008, 11:25:21 AM

UGA is by far the biggest an oldest rival. Even in the 90's they were the biggest rival.

FSU is our fierce intrastate rival but a large base of us Gator alum had friends and even family members not smart enough to get into UF. I am a triplet and after HS we all went our seperate ways. My sis went to USF, My brother FSU, and I to UF. I spent many a weekends partying with my brother in Tally and he spent many a weekends in G-ville. Kind of the best of both worlds-- both UF and FSU have the hottest co-eds. The FSU match was always a love/ hate. IMO they were lovable scumbags.

But UGA was the most vile and hated.  UT was a distant second. I still have a deep despise for those programs and their fans.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#153 : January 01, 2008, 05:34:40 PM

"FSU is our fierce intrastate rival but a large base of us Gator alum had friends and even family members not smart enough to get into UF."   Oh My GOD!!  That is the biggest pile of Horse S$^% I have ever read!

Everyone in the world knows that FSU is UF's biggest rival. Gator fans only state Georgia because the majority  of gator fans are liars that can't admit the truth.

Why Does UF have so many nicknames for FSU?  Heck, even Urban won't refer to FSU by name just calls them SOW.  One day I hope in my lifetime I will meet an Honest gator fan.  After 50 years I am running out of time...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#154 : January 01, 2008, 05:51:46 PM

And if you died tomorrow you wouldn't be any less FOS.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#155 : January 01, 2008, 06:06:05 PM

And if you died tomorrow you wouldn't be any less FOS.

Honesty really is a virtue you should try it sometime!!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#156 : January 01, 2008, 06:12:01 PM

Runole-- you have always been FOS--- Obviously every Gator fan does not agree with you as the many posts clearly show. The fact you rebut a popular opinion among Gator fans as the posts clearly show makes you once again FOS-- Have fun trying to convince yourself you are not FOS!!!! But thanks for keeping the Gator nation laughing Mr FOS.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#157 : January 02, 2008, 02:14:02 AM

Runole-- you have always been FOS--- Obviously every Gator fan does not agree with you as the many posts clearly show. The fact you rebut a popular opinion among Gator fans as the posts clearly show makes you once again FOS-- Have fun trying to convince yourself you are not FOS!!!! But thanks for keeping the Gator nation laughing Mr FOS.

Gator fans seldom admit to the truth.. so what is your point?  Seems I am not so FOS as you profess but we all knew that already!!

#158 : January 02, 2008, 02:43:26 PM

Georgia has been the better program for a while. Since 2001, FSU has lost 31 games while Georgia has lost 19 games.

in 2000 FSU finished the year ranked higher than Goergia

2001 FSU finished ranked higher

2002 FSU finished ranked ghigher

2003 FSU was ranked higher

2004 Georgia was ghigher

2005 Goergia was higher

2006 neither team finished the year ranked

2007 Georgia is higher

Like I said the lowest point in 20 years for thsi program and we still put up better games vs Florida and have been probably as successful or moreso than Georgia

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#159 : January 02, 2008, 03:22:57 PM

Like I said the lowest point in 20 years for thsi program and we still put up better games vs Florida and have been probably as successful or moreso than Georgia
The question was never who gave UF a better run for the money but who had the better program. FSU's decline clearly started in 2002. Since then they've lost 12 more games in 7 seasons while playing in a universally acknowledged easier conference. Rankings mean nothing. There's really no way to spin that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#160 : January 02, 2008, 03:42:24 PM

Actually rankings mean everything. BCS rankings factor in everything from strength of schedule, to margin of victory, to W/L. Making it much easier to compare teams from different conferences who play different levels of competition.

Actually, the fact that FSU has given UF better competiton than UGA has the past 5-7 years even in our losses shows that we are better competition even in the lowest of low points for our program.

There's no way for YOU to spin it, FSU without a doubt was the igger rival in the 90s and even now with FSU 3 notches lower than where we usually are, we still put up better games vs UF and similar BCS rankings

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#161 : January 02, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

LOL aside from this year, Gerogia still hasnt been a better program even through the lowest point in FSU's last 20 years
Here is your quote. You said better program, not who challenged UF the most. Not who is/was the bigger rival.

in 2000 FSU finished the year ranked higher than Goergia

2001 FSU finished ranked higher

2002 FSU finished ranked ghigher

2003 FSU was ranked higher

2004 Georgia was ghigher

2005 Goergia was higher

2006 neither team finished the year ranked

2007 Georgia is higher
And I can't believe I let you get away with this but Georgia finished higher in the polls in 2002 and 2003. So do you still want to argue the team that finished ranked behind 7 straight years is better?

#162 : January 02, 2008, 04:25:25 PM

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/2003_archive_bcs.html - 2003 rankings

you were right about 2002 I dont know how I overlooked that

My point was, FSU was without a doubt the bigger rival in the 90s and even if you look now, at FSUs lowest point in 20 years, we are still a similar program to Georgia and we still play a more competitive game with UF

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#163 : January 02, 2008, 04:28:00 PM

we still play a more competitive game with UF

Really?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#164 : January 02, 2008, 04:40:06 PM

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/2003_archive_bcs.html - 2003 rankings
Those rankings are from December. FSU went on to lose their bowl game and they dropped. I don't know about the BCS but here is the final AP. Georgia is ahead.

My point was, FSU was without a doubt the bigger rival in the 90s and even if you look now, at FSUs lowest point in 20 years, we are still a similar program to Georgia and we still play a more competitive game with UF
If "similar" means losing 2 more games each season.

I never touched the rivalry argument.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools