Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#165 : January 02, 2008, 04:41:11 PM

"FSU is our fierce intrastate rival but a large base of us Gator alum had friends and even family members not smart enough to get into UF." Oh My GOD!! That is the biggest pile of Horse S$^% I have ever read!

Everyone in the world knows that FSU is UF's biggest rival. Gator fans only state Georgia because the majority of gator fans are liars that can't admit the truth.

This is probably one of the stupidest posts ever!  

The entire question of "who is your biggest/most hated rival?" is a personally subjective opinion.  Just like ''What's your favorite color?".  To call someone or a group ''a liar'' because you didn't agree with their taste is assinine.  

Do you call people liars if they say they don't like Chinese food or if they say their favorite color is blue?

If a Gatorfan says his biggest rival is UGA, then it is.  If the majority of Gator fans say UGA is the biggest rival, then it is.  To call them liars makes you sound like the jealous ex-girlfriend who can't accept the relationship is over.

The original question ''Who was UF's biggest rival in the 90's?" can be translated to ''Who do the majority of GatorFans consider thier biggest rival in the 90's"  To call them liars becasue of their opinion on a purely subjective question is like an 8 year old throwing a tantrum because another kid says he like the blue power ranger better.

What's next?  Will runole say his daddy can beat up the father of the next poster who has an opposing opinion?  

Runole

Hall of Famer
#166 : January 03, 2008, 01:09:06 PM

Well John if you think that my post is the stupidest post ever?  Not prone to exaggeration are you?

Gator fans only state Georgia is their biggest rival as a defense mechanism from admitting the truth.

I suggest you review the history of the UF and FSU CFB history's.. 

Lets look at FSU before the 90's.. Lets go back when Bowden started coaching the program.  You do realize that FSU won 4 straight against UF from 1977- 1980..  This was followed by UF committing the most recruiting violations in the history of CFB.

So much so that the NCAA stated...

"Unfortunately, during the five-year period in which the violations occurred," continued Mr. Toner, "the football coaching staff operated unimpeded by any effort being exerted by the university's director of athletics or any other administrative authority at the university to assure control of the football program. Due to this fact, as well as the serious nature of many of the violations in this case, the Committee on Infractions and the Council considered this to be among the most serious infractions cases ever processed by the NCAA."

During the "CHEATING YEARS" UF won 6 straight along with becoming a NATIONAL disgrace.  That was followed by victories by FSU over UF 1987, 88 ,89..  So it wasn't just the 90's that FSU was dominating the series not counting the CHEATIN' years.

Now if you go back to prior to Bobby Bowden taking over the program you might have an argument.

Of course prior to 1960 UF was a perpetual bottom dweller in the SEC.  That is why they fought so hard to not ever have FSU on their schedule until their was threatened legislative action.  Even then UF did everything in its power to keep the playing field unequal..

1. No SEC transfers could play in the game for FSU

2. The first 6 games had to be played at UF even so FSU tied UF in the 3rd meeting... Like a "Death in the Family" as it was referred by some well known gator fan..

Has UF ever felt compelled to demand such things towards Georgia? 

It is all a defense mechanism by many gator fans that state how big Georgia is as a rival.. Kind of convenient to state that when your record is 15-3 since 1990..   Sorry, but that is just more gator bs.

How many posts do you see gator fans post about Georgia on this board?  Case Closed!!  Of course that is just my opinion based on the FACTS of the issue.

;D

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#167 : January 03, 2008, 01:18:24 PM

How many posts do you see gator fans post about Georgia on this board?  Case Closed!!  Of course that is just my opinion based on the FACTS of the issue.

Mostly because there aren't that many Georgia fans on this board....but that might make a little too much sense for some.

Georgia is the biggest rivalry.  That has nothing to do with your Semi's, that's just how it is.  Ya'll had the 90's...that was it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#168 : January 03, 2008, 01:40:04 PM

Go to any gator board and count the number of threads on FSU  versus Georgia...  GAME SET MATCH!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#169 : January 03, 2008, 01:46:07 PM

"FSU is our fierce intrastate rival but a large base of us Gator alum had friends and even family members not smart enough to get into UF." Oh My GOD!! That is the biggest pile of Horse S$^% I have ever read!

Everyone in the world knows that FSU is UF's biggest rival. Gator fans only state Georgia because the majority of gator fans are liars that can't admit the truth.

This is probably one of the stupidest posts ever! 

You obviously have not read any of his other 4000+ posts.   ;)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#170 : January 03, 2008, 01:52:44 PM

Go to any gator board and count the number of threads on FSU  versus Georgia...  GAME SET MATCH!

Ooooo, hadn't thought of that...I'm glad you are around to tell Florida Gator fans who their biggest rival is.

You are a joke, BornaRunole.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#171 : January 03, 2008, 02:35:14 PM

Hey facts are facts..  Every gator board is dominated with threads about FSU.. But Georgia is UF's biggest rival?  Whatever!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#172 : January 03, 2008, 02:36:46 PM

Hey facts are facts..  Every gator board is dominated with threads about FSU.. But Georgia is UF's biggest rival?  Whatever!!

So you go to EVERY Gator board?  Hmmm...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#173 : January 03, 2008, 02:53:40 PM

Nope!  Just a very educated guess..  I will let you do the research!!  But why? would you do that when you know I am right!

Prove me wrong!  LOL

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#174 : January 03, 2008, 02:55:01 PM

Nope!  Just a very educated guess..  I will let you do the research!!  But why? would you do that when you know I am right!

Prove me wrong!  LOL

Ahhh, I see.  You spew crap you make up and it is my job to prove you wrong.  Screw you.

You prove yourself right.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#175 : January 03, 2008, 04:33:55 PM

Why do I need to prove myself right when we both know that I am right?

Just for grins I will spend about 5 min on the first page of some gator board 

Link: http://florida.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=882&fid=865

Ie Gator Zone  first page: 10- FSU threads to 1 Georgia..   That took 2- 3 minutes... That is all the time I need to spend on the sordid and sullied site..

Can I call em or not??

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#176 : January 03, 2008, 04:46:18 PM

That's one...you got a long way to go to prove that EVERY board is the way you say.

Oh, and I wonder why Florida State would be a topic of conversation right now....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#177 : January 03, 2008, 05:28:49 PM

That's one...you got a long way to go to prove that EVERY board is the way you say.

Oh, and I wonder why Florida State would be a topic of conversation right now....

Because they are a most bitter rival?   I just call them as I sees them..  UF fans are patently being dishonest when they say FSU isn't their biggest rival.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#178 : January 03, 2008, 05:33:27 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Runole

Hall of Famer
#179 : January 03, 2008, 05:37:54 PM

As usual when it is all you have....   
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools