Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

gatorgirl!

Starter

#30 : December 21, 2007, 01:35:13 PM

I gotta agree with BucEmUp. I'm in my twenties and FSU was always the big one in the years I watched, and understood, football...being only the 90's and now. So I'd have to say I remember them in my past being crazy...but I don't really know scores or details from before my time.

I'd still say overall FSU is biggest OOC; Georgia biggest in SEC. However, current (say last couple years) FSU hasn't even been a threat or concern, just some braggin rights. I'd like to see them return to their former glory.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : December 21, 2007, 01:29:28 PM

UGA is UF's biggest rival.

I don't know how it would break down, decade by decade.

As an Alabama fan, let me ask you this.

When deciding your rival(s) do you break it down by decade or is Auburn (or whoever) just always your biggest rival?  Everyone knows rivalries take twists and turns, sometimes a team goes on a run here and there but your BIGGEST RIVAL is always going to be just that, whether you win 15 in a row or lose 15 in a row.  You can't change history. 

It would seem to me a decade breakdown would be something you do in retrospect, but AT THE TIME your main rival is who it has always been. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 21, 2007, 01:32:51 PM

The answer depends on the age of the fan you ask.  Somebody that is in their 20's is going to tell you that it is FSU hands down.  I guess you old folks are going to say its Georgia. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 21, 2007, 01:26:31 PM

UGA is UF's biggest rival.

I don't know how it would break down, decade by decade.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : December 21, 2007, 01:24:46 PM

4-1 UGA to FSU on the Gator board.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : December 21, 2007, 01:23:57 PM

Ray,

Please don't argue with others when they give their answer to the original question.  You have offered your opinion on the subject, let others have theirs.

Thanks.

BIGGS,

I'll do as I please.  This is a discussion forum and I am on topic.  Some people may or may not be informed on key issues therefore bringing them up is important.

Thanks.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 21, 2007, 01:18:55 PM

Ray,

Please don't argue with others when they give their answer to the original question.  You have offered your opinion on the subject, let others have theirs.

Thanks.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#37 : December 21, 2007, 01:23:01 PM

The question is wrong if you are trying to settle our argument. 

The discussion was NEVER biggest rivalry in the 90's

It was WHO IS FLORIDA's BIGGEST RIVAL.  Tat is what I was discussing, not the 90's.

It is and always will be UGA.

Figures you would try and skew it.

At any rate, asking a board of mostly non-gator fans is not going to give you an accurate answer.  Post a poll on a gator site and see what you get. 

The argument was always for the 90's.  Snook will confirm when he sees this. 

Ray took his ball home and deleted the thread we had the argument.

No, Ray deleted the thread because it was about FSU CHEATING and not UF rivals.  I asked you to remove the posts so we could not dilute the thread and you refused. 

MAYBE YOU AND HIM were discussing the 90's but the ORIGINAL discussion (which was in the wrong thread to begin with) was ME saying UF had bigger rivals than FSU while UF was FSU's main rival.  Therefore FSU fans really have just UF to focus on UF has UGA, UT, LSU and others that are all up there with FSU.  This was in response to a question Snook asked how I felt about the FSU thing and if it helped/hurt UF.  Had I known you would turn it into a full blown debate in a FSU CHEATING thread I would have never answered it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 21, 2007, 01:16:33 PM

The question is wrong if you are trying to settle our argument. 

The discussion was NEVER biggest rivalry in the 90's

It was WHO IS FLORIDA's BIGGEST RIVAL.  Tat is what I was discussing, not the 90's.

It is and always will be UGA.

Figures you would try and skew it.

At any rate, asking a board of mostly non-gator fans is not going to give you an accurate answer.  Post a poll on a gator site and see what you get. 

The argument was always for the 90's.  Snook will confirm when he sees this. 

Ray took his ball home and deleted the thread we had the argument.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : December 21, 2007, 01:14:51 PM

I'd still say FSU was the main rival for most of history. Georgia is definitely more so now with their improving program and FSU's declining program. But I'm still gonna go with FSU up until recent years.

Do you think CFB started in the 90's?

FSU was IRRELEVANT for most of UF's history.  They were a joke.  Only until the late 80's were they even a threat. 

I think you don't realize how good Georgia has been in their history and how much they used to kill us every year. 

I think you have it backwards.   

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 21, 2007, 01:14:34 PM

GEORGIA!  Although they haven't won many games in the last two decades against us, and haven't been a very good team, they're still Florida's biggest rivalry.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : December 21, 2007, 01:05:40 PM

If we're talking in the 90's....I'd say FSU

If we're talking present day....Georgia and Tenn are about a tie. Although with the butt-whooping on Tenn and the loss to Georgia and their celebration...the 2008 season will be Georgia.

Even in the 90's, FSU was a game of national importance but to Gator fans who suffered at the hands of Georgia for may, many years it was a sweet time to have the edge for most of the decade. 

Perhaps I am just not short sighted, but I tend to look at a rivalry as more than just any one decade.  A rival is someone you hate year in year out no matter the record.  Georgia is UF's #1 rival and always has been. 

gatorgirl!

Starter

#42 : December 21, 2007, 01:11:13 PM

I'd still say FSU was the main rival for most of history. Georgia is definitely more so now with their improving program and FSU's declining program. But I'm still gonna go with FSU up until recent years.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 21, 2007, 12:45:54 PM

Please vote on who was the bigger rivalry during the 90's:

Florida vs. Georgia

or

Florida vs. Florida State

Thanks to all.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#44 : December 21, 2007, 01:01:59 PM

If we're talking in the 90's....I'd say FSU

If we're talking present day....Georgia and Tenn are about a tie. Although with the butt-whooping on Tenn and the loss to Georgia and their celebration...the 2008 season will be Georgia.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools