Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#60 : December 21, 2007, 11:29:01 PM

LOL

So now you say AU-UGA is bigger than UGA-UF to a UGA fan?

Go to UGA board and see if that's true.

By the way, on the Gator board at last check it was 40-17 UGA to FSU.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#61 : December 21, 2007, 11:32:18 PM

And let's keep in mind, this is a thread about who was UF's biggest rival in the 90's... NOT NOW.

It doesn't change man,

UGA is and always will be UF's biggest rival. 

In retrospect the UF-FSU series may have been more significant as far as national implications go, but UGA is and always will be priority #1.  Just as Spurrier said when he came on ship in 1990, UGA is PRIORITY #1.  Why?  Because is is UF's oldest rival, a rival that kicked the snot out of UF for many many years, and had dominated UF up until the 90's.  Only in the 90's did UF start to turn the tides, and it didn't change the fact that UGA was the biggest rival just because UF started dominating them the way they did UF the 20 years prior. 

I guess as an Auburn/FSU fan it is hard for you to understand that, but that is the way it is. 

Snook

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 21, 2007, 11:33:21 PM

LOL

Your poll is NOW, not the 90's...

And yes, Auburn-UGA is bigger than UF-UGA. 

You don't even play home and home for UF-UGA.  That takes away a lot from the rivalry playing at a neutral site..... in Florida.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 21, 2007, 11:34:28 PM

It doesn't change man,

In retrospect the UF-FSU series may have been more significant as far as national implications go, but UGA is and always will be priority #1.  Just as Spurrier said when he came on ship in 1990, UGA is PRIORITY #1.  Why?  Because is is UF's oldest rival, a rival that kicked the snot out of UF for many many years, and had dominated UF up until the 90's.  Only in the 90's did UF start to turn the tides, and it didn't change the fact that UGA was the biggest rival just because UF started dominating them the way they did UF the 20 years prior. 

I guess as an Auburn/FSU fan it is hard for you to understand that, but that is the way it is. 

That's funny how you bring up "oldest" rivalry....

What's the "oldest" rivalry in the South?

Oh yeah..... AUBURN VS GEORGIA.  Look it up.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#64 : December 21, 2007, 11:36:51 PM

LOL

Your poll is NOW, not the 90's...

And yes, Auburn-UGA is bigger than UF-UGA. 

You don't even play home and home for UF-UGA.  That takes away a lot from the rivalry playing at a neutral site..... in Florida.

Go to a Georgia board and pose the question. 

Takes away from the rivalry? LOL.  It has ALWAYS been that way outside of 2 years when the stadium was being renovated.  IMO it ADDS to the rivalry with a  50-50 split of fans. 

My poll is historically and UGA has always been the biggest rival.

Just as JG said here and bucnut said here.  To any Gator fan who has been a fan or knows the history of the team, UGA is the biggest rival.  In the 90's, 80's, 00's, 70's, whenever.

Just as MATT said about Auburn-Bama.  It is ALWAYS going to be the biggest rivalry for Bama no matter how crappy Auburn may be for a period or how good another team they play is.  It is what it is.

I find it FUNNY that a Auburn/FSU fan is trying to tell me who UF's biggest rival is.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#65 : December 21, 2007, 11:38:15 PM

It doesn't change man,

That's funny how you bring up "oldest" rivalry....

What's the "oldest" rivalry in the South?

Oh yeah..... AUBURN VS GEORGIA.  Look it up.

Again, take the question to a UGA board and let me know how it goes for you. 

Ask who is UGA's biggest rival and I bet the results turn UF.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#66 : December 21, 2007, 11:39:16 PM

I find it FUNNY that a Auburn/FSU fan is trying to tell me who UF's biggest rival is.

Just as funny as an UF fan telling us who UGA's bigger rival is....

UGA-Auburn is bigger than UF-UGA.  Sorry, Ray.  You're WRONG.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#67 : December 21, 2007, 11:40:41 PM

Just as funny as an UF fan telling us who UGA's bigger rival is....

UGA-Auburn is bigger than UF-UGA.  Sorry, Ray.  You're WRONG.

Ok, so take it to their board and let me know.

I took it to UF boards and have seen it done over the years.  UF's story doesn't change, UGA is always rival #1.  Sorry. 

Snook

Hall of Famer
#68 : December 21, 2007, 11:41:25 PM

Yeah, because message boards are the end all, be all of rivalries.

Tell me, Ray... what's the oldest rivalry in the south?

Snook

Hall of Famer
#69 : December 21, 2007, 11:42:00 PM

What's the oldest rivalry in the south?

Can you answer?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#70 : December 21, 2007, 11:44:12 PM

Yeah, because message boards are the end all, be all of rivalries.

Tell me, Ray... what's the oldest rivalry in the south?

Auburn - Georgia is, I am not dumb. 

But again, take it to a large portion of their fans and ask who they consider the biggest rival to be.  Then let me know how it turns out. If they say Auburn, fine, I do not pretend to know all about Georgia.  I am just stating what I hear from their fans every year at the WLOCP.  They all claim UF is the biggest.  Whatever.  I do know that most gator fans UGA is #1, just as Spurrier stated when he became coach.

Message boards aren't then end all, no, but I tend to believe a large portions of fans voting on it there than 1 or 2 arguing over it and claiming they are right.

I at least backed up what I said with a poll of more than 50 fans.  Can you say you did that?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#71 : December 21, 2007, 11:44:39 PM

What's the oldest rivalry in the south?

Can you answer?

What, id I don't answer in 2 seconds you flip a switch?  LMAO!

Calm down brother.

I answered. 

Snook

Hall of Famer
#72 : December 21, 2007, 11:47:16 PM

Link me up to your message board.  Let me see a poll of what rivalry was BIGGER IN THE 90's.  NOT NOW.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#73 : December 21, 2007, 11:48:01 PM

"It's probably because I'm old and have very vivid memories of the 70s and
80s, but if we went 1-11 every year with the win coming against UGA, I'd be perfectly happy."

Snook

Hall of Famer
#74 : December 21, 2007, 11:50:55 PM

"It's probably because I'm old and have very vivid memories of the 70s and
80s, but if we went 1-11 every year with the win coming against UGA, I'd be perfectly happy."

That's a quote from UF fan... not a UGA fan.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools