Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

: December 21, 2007, 05:40:46 PM

national significance means NOTHING as far as a RIVALRY GOES.

I'm not getting in the middle of this UGA/FSU mess because I don't know the answer but THAT statement is incorrect. The FSU/Miami rivalry heated up because of the national significance of the games ..... USC/Notre Dame's rivalry blossomed because of the national significance. National implications obviously aren't in most rivalries but some are there BECAUSE of the national significance.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 21, 2007, 05:33:12 PM

FSU has always considered both Miami and UF as their biggest rivals.
FSU-Miami is a players rivalry. FSU-UF is a fans rivalry.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : December 21, 2007, 05:20:22 PM

Yes, it is...

Ray and Runole were made for each other.

Ray and runole?

LOL.

YOU STARTED THIS THREAD.

YOU HIJACKED THE OTHER THREAD!

YOU ACTED LIKE RUNOLE IN THE OTHER THREAD.

Not me.  Get it straight BIGGS. 

You lose.  LOL.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#3 : December 21, 2007, 05:18:53 PM

Ray,

Please don't argue with others when they give their answer to the original question.  You have offered your opinion on the subject, let others have theirs.

Thanks.

BIGGS,

I'll do as I please.  This is a discussion forum and I am on topic.  Some people may or may not be informed on key issues therefore bringing them up is important.

Thanks.

This was supposed to be a thread where people would vote one way or the other...not where somebody disagrees with Ray and he "teaches" them.

But go ahead, hijack away.

I will wait for Snook to confirm what the argument was about, since everyone can't go look it up for themselves since you had to take your ball and go home.

I didn't hijack anything. I am discussing the to[pic at hand.  Something YOU failed to do in the FSU cheating thread.  I didn't take my ball and do anything.  I ended the thread because YOU ruined the discussion by insisting on arguing over something irrelevant to the topic at hand. 

Grow up BIGGS!

30 UGA, 13 FSU on the GATOR fan site. I think that speaks volumes.  If you count just the GATOR fans here UGA is still winning.  Only you and gatorgirl have stated FSU.  At least gatorgirl admits it is because she wasn't around before the 90's. 

YOU LOSE!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : December 21, 2007, 05:15:24 PM

It is clearly UF v FSU

Just as FSU v Miami has always been 2nd for FSU, UGA v UF has always been 2nd for UF. UF v FSU is clearly the more hated, intense, mmore equally matched rivalry over the years

No, it isn't clearly FSU-UF.  As an FSU fan I don't see what kind of input you can add to the question of who is the bigger rival for UF.

UF is clearly FSU's main rival, but UGA is UF's biggest rival.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : December 21, 2007, 05:14:04 PM

Those were big games.
But most UF students/Alum had friends/family members at FSU.  It was an intra-state rivalry that happened to have MNC ramifications.

But UF/UGa had more animousity/hatred.  i'm talking Greeks v Turks, English v. French, American v. Russian type hate.  They were the enemy across the border, the barbarian horde, the savage beasts that would despoil land and women.  Georgia was the evil empire and Vince Dooley was their wrinkled Emperor. 

FSU was that little school in the panhandle that Bobby coached, but Ga was an entire state of misbred mutant dog-worshippers that threatened the entire region with their televised barking, howling, and canine ball-licking. 

FSU was a feared and respected rival, but Georgia, whose definition of high art was ''Dukes of Hazzard'', was the hated and despised source of all that was evil in the world.

Exactly JG.  These folks that aren't UF fans or just became UF fans in the 90's don't get it.  UF-UGA is and always will be the biggest rivalry game for each school. 

That's like saying GT is UGA's biggest rival.  Just isn't happening. 

For the record, at the GATOR site the poll is now 30 votes UGA, 13 FSU, 1 UT, 1 LSU. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#6 : December 21, 2007, 05:12:00 PM

So in 1993, 1996 or 1999, UF considered its game against UGA to be bigger than its game against FSU?

Give me a break...

FSU was UF's biggest rival of the 90's.  Now, things are different.  But in the 90's, UF-FSU was king.

You are talking 3 years.  And again, national significance means NOTHING as far as a RIVALRY GOES.  UGA has long been UF's biggest rival.  The FSU series became important in the 90's because FSU was ranked highly and UF was as well, but to a GATOR FAN the UGA game will always be the biggest rivalry game. 

You are an FSU/Auburn fan.  I don't see how any FSU fan, Auburn fan, or really any fan of anyone other than UF can comment on WHO UF's BIGGEST RIVAL is. 

It's like Matt said, Auburn will ALWAYS BE BAMA's biggest rival.  It doesn't matter if Bama beats them 20 years in a row it is always the biggest rivalry game.  There may be years where Bama plays LSU and it is more important nationally, but Auburn-Bama will always be the most significant game to BAMA fans. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 21, 2007, 04:58:46 PM

ROFLMAO, JG.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#8 : December 21, 2007, 05:02:55 PM

Those were big games.
But most UF students/Alum had friends/family members at FSU.  It was an intra-state rivalry that happened to have MNC ramifications.

But UF/UGa had more animousity/hatred.  i'm talking Greeks v Turks, English v. French, American v. Russian type hate.  They were the enemy across the border, the barbarian horde, the savage beasts that would despoil land and women.  Georgia was the evil empire and Vince Dooley was their wrinkled Emperor. 

FSU was that little school in the panhandle that Bobby coached, but Ga was an entire state of misbred mutant dog-worshippers that threatened the entire region with their televised barking, howling, and canine ball-licking. 

FSU was a feared and respected rival, but Georgia, whose definition of high art was ''Dukes of Hazzard'', was the hated and despised source of all that was evil in the world.

haha good analogies there. i dont think ill ever watch a georgia game the same way again! =P

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 21, 2007, 04:49:33 PM

Those were big games.
But most UF students/Alum had friends/family members at FSU.  It was an intra-state rivalry that happened to have MNC ramifications.

But UF/UGa had more animousity/hatred.  i'm talking Greeks v Turks, English v. French, American v. Russian type hate.  They were the enemy across the border, the barbarian horde, the savage beasts that would despoil land and women.  Georgia was the evil empire and Vince Dooley was their wrinkled Emperor.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 21, 2007, 04:17:44 PM

Snook, was your argument with Ray in the other thread (where Ray took his ball home to mommy and deleted it) about rivalries in the 90's or overall?

I would love to quote the thread, but RayRay deleted it.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 21, 2007, 04:05:06 PM

So in 1993, 1996 or 1999, UF considered its game against UGA to be bigger than its game against FSU?

Give me a break...

FSU was UF's biggest rival of the 90's.  Now, things are different.  But in the 90's, UF-FSU was king.

#12 : December 21, 2007, 04:03:50 PM

It is clearly UF v FSU

Just as FSU v Miami has always been 2nd for FSU, UGA v UF has always been 2nd for UF. UF v FSU is clearly the more hated, intense, mmore equally matched rivalry over the years

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 21, 2007, 03:35:00 PM

LMAO...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 21, 2007, 03:40:33 PM

FSU has always considered both Miami and UF as their biggest rivals.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bigger Rivalry in the 90's? Help settle an argument « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools