Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: While Highly Unlikely.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

poppop

Practice Squad

: November 23, 2006, 03:17:25 PM

Dallas playing like they have played recently should beat us. I mean that game on Sunday was as good as we've looked as we beat the Deadskins, at home, by 3. Anyone can win but I'm not sure where the "not shocked" part comes from.
You are so right. Dallas is unbeatable. We don't have a chace is heck to beat them I just hope we dont miss the team bus.
The 69' Jets

Haha...Grads = Namath - Liquor + Talent.
HAHAHA!  Also minus fur coat.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#1 : November 23, 2006, 03:09:50 PM

it would be soooooooooo nice to see grads and galloway hook up for 2 in the first quarter, then watch Dallas scramble to play catch-up...and then to top it off, I would like to see Caddy get a good solid 150 yards with 2 tds as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : November 22, 2006, 01:02:00 PM

There isn't a game on the schedule we can't win.

The D needs to play well early on, and WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL EARLY AND OFTEN. Grad needs to be smart, and we need to run the ball well.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#3 : November 22, 2006, 08:46:16 AM

.....this IS the NFL and you never know what is gonna happen, but I would not be altogether shocked to see the Bucs go to Dallas and *cough* *cough*....win tomorrow!

Crazy crap happens all the time.

A few turnovers, a busted tackle, overconfidence on the part of Dallas, and voila...a win.

Like I said, it is not likely, but THAT'S why they play the games..

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2006, 08:50:47 AM

I would love to feel that way Prefer but IMO the defense won't let it happen. The Cowboys are too talented at the skill positions for the Bucs to slow them down. Now, I'd take the Bucs and the 9 points in a heartbeat.

#5 : November 22, 2006, 08:55:49 AM

.....this IS the NFL and you never know what is gonna happen, but I would not be altogether shocked to see the Bucs go to Dallas and *cough* *cough*....win tomorrow!

Crazy crap happens all the time.

A few turnovers, a busted tackle, overconfidence on the part of Dallas, and voila...a win.

Like I said, it is not likely, but THAT'S why they play the games..

Dude, I'm totally with you.  I've picked the Bucs every dern game this season, and probably will till the day I die.  :)

#6 : November 22, 2006, 09:13:23 AM

Because this is the NFL Dal. 

Did anyone really think Tennessee had a chance last week in Philly?  What about Cleveland going to Atlanta and winning a couple of weeks ago?  Houston beating the Jags in JAX??  And in week 9, what about Miami thumping the Bears in Chicago?

You should get my drift by now.

#7 : November 22, 2006, 09:23:54 AM

You weren't shocked by those results? Sure anyone can win and we know they do but when they do it still comes out of nowhere. It is like the NCAA Tournament, there's always a Cinderella but it is always news there is a Cinderella.

I think his point is that it's not shocking if it happens every week.

#8 : November 22, 2006, 10:10:45 AM

Dal

To answer your question honestly, there is not a damn thing in the NFL that shocks me anymore.....absolutely nothing.

The line between solid 12-4 teams and lowly 4-12 teams is paper thin.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 22, 2006, 10:20:29 AM

you never know what can happen but i think we are over matched

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#10 : November 22, 2006, 11:09:32 AM

My only problem is the 3-4 defense. This young offense has not fared well against 3-4 defenses. The last 2 times we faced 3-4 defenses, we were shut out. (28-0 NE, 27 - 0 BAL) I hope the offense gets it going for Thanksgiving, but it will probably be very ugly, on both sides of the ball. But maybe TO will flip out and bring down his whole team and give us a chance

bklynbucs11

Starter

#11 : November 22, 2006, 11:58:27 AM

Baltimore no longer plays the 3-4 defense. Rex Ryan's scheme is a 4-3 base with Adalius occasionally dropping into zone looks. Dallas is a 3-4 base but they play a lot of 4-3.

NE and Pitt might be the only pure 3-4 defenses left in the NFL.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 22, 2006, 12:03:00 PM

Dal

To answer your question honestly, there is not a damn thing in the NFL that shocks me anymore.....absolutely nothing.

The line between solid 12-4 teams and lowly 4-12 teams is paper thin.

QUote is not working for me, so I copied Prefer - literally - and I agree completely.  Now the question is parity or mediocrity. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#13 : November 22, 2006, 12:03:52 PM

It's tru that Baltimore isn't a pure 3-4 anymore, but they aren't a pure 4-3 either. They're more of a hybrid. Just like Dallas. The Bucs players before the game didn't even know what to call the BAL defense.  The thing is it's a confusing scheme, as are most other 3-4 schemes.  Our young offensive line gets overwhelmed against these defenses and will most likely continue to be confused until they gain enough experience. They'll have a crash course the next two games. More valuable learning experiences, that's about all we can hope for this season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 22, 2006, 12:09:38 PM

The Patriots and Jets are hybrids too as well as the Dolphins.  They employ 3-4/4-3 looks as well.   To be honest the Patriots are a better defense in recent years when they are in a 4-3 defense.  Seymour and Wilfork on the inside simply are dominating. 

Pittsburgh I think is the only true 3-4 defense left in the NFL.  I guess you could say the 49ers are too but they have played 4-3 defense though this year and I would lump them in with the hybrids. It looks like it is a trend in the NFL for defenses to be hybrids (4-3/3-4).   You can throw Cleveland in the mix as being a 3-4 D but Crennel likes to mix it up too. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: While Highly Unlikely.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools