Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Philly Paper Asks Eagles to Grab Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 22, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

If Eagles fans really want to fire Reid they are even more stupid than Bucs fans.

Why? He's no different than Dungy. Stubborn and set in his ways and can't win the big one.

Well some Tampa fans want a coach that can consistently win and win a few playoff games.  Then Reid is the man for the job.  But be warned...... be carefull for what you wish for. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 22, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »

If Gruden were actually on the market, I wouldn't be surprised if over 50% of the teams in the NFL would fire their coach immediately and hire Gruden if he agreed to go there.   

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 22, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »

If Gruden were actually on the market, I wouldn't be surprised if over 50% of the teams in the NFL would fire their coach immediately and hire Gruden if he agreed to go there.   

^ Agree, he is a top 5 coach in the NFL. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 22, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »

no doubt! People complain about Gruden but he has done miracles (literally) with Gradkowski and several other QB's. He is a very good coach and has been in a tough up-hill fight since he has been here with salary cap hell. He goes now where...

Baghead #2

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #19 : November 22, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »

I agree with the sentiment, but I think 50% might be a bit high.  Just for fun, let's look around the league:

AFC East:
Pats - not a chance
Jets - 1st year coach, and I think they're happy so far.
Bills - 1st year coach, but how much promise does Jauron have?
Phins - I think things are going sour with Saban, but still too early

AFC North:
Bengals - Too soon for Lewis, but he better get control of that team
Ravens - Not after this year, unless they completely collapse
Browns - 2nd year coach, seems too soon to cut the cord
Steelers - Great timing if Cowher retires, but they could also promote from within

AFC West:
Chargers - Maybe with another 1st round exit for Marty, especially the way the team is playing now
Broncos - They'll be too happy to blame Plummer and go to Cutler to think about firing their coach
Raiders - Art Shell has to be a lame duck now, but would Davis and Gruden both be willing to give it another go?
Chiefs - Edwards is in his 1st year, don't see it.

AFC South:
Colts - Still a year or two too soon, but the irony would drive most men insane if Gruden took over and they won a Super Bowl
Titans - This is a possibility, although Gruden's current track record with rebuilding could scare them off
Texans - 1st year coach, too soon
Jaguars - This would make a ton of sense; they have a great defense, but can't get the offense to click, Gruden would probably be happy with Garrand or bring in a rookie to develop behind him, has big tall receivers, can stay in Florida; switching from a Defensive minded coach to an Offensive minded coach is cliche enough to see it happen.

NFC South:
Panthers - Fox is still loved, it's the O-cord they hate...wonder if Gruden would consider pulling a Martz for a year or two
Falcons - Not with McKay there
Saints - 1st year coach that's gotten great initial results

NFC East:
Giants - They did seem to turn on Coughlin when he was losing...if they piss away their playoff chanes with Eli, and buy into Gruden's QB history (minus TB)...
Eagles - I guess if the team really thinks Reid can't get over the hump, he does have history with the team and area
Redskins - They're paying way too much for their OC just to bring in a Head Coach who specializes in offense and does his own playcalling
Cowboys - If Parcells does leave, it could be a possibility

NFC North:
Vikings - 1st year coach
Lions - 1st year coach
Packers - 1st year coach
Bears - Can't see them cutting bait on Smith
(and geez, three brand new coaches, no wonder the division sucks)

NFC West:
Cards - Dead man walking, I could see them jumping for Gruden...if the Bidwells know how to pay that much for a coach...but I bet Gruden would love Leinart and those WRs, and he already knows that he can't win without an Oline...
49ers - Nolan is slowing turning that team around and rebuilding, can't see them making a move now
Rams - 1st year coach
Seahawks - There have been discussions that Holmgren could be leaving, so they would be in the market...

The most intriguing option to me would be the Jags job, seconded by the Cardinals, although I doubt the Bidwells pay enough to make it worth while.  Still, a brand new stadium, extremely young talent with a lot of potential at the skill positions on offense...but if the Cards aren't willing to pony up the cash to get some serious FAs, I don't see Gruden being happy there.

Though in the end, I don't think Gruden's going anywhere this year
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Philly Paper Asks Eagles to Grab Gruden « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools