Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: RICE PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 22, 2006, 11:53:56 AM

Thanks for a great few years Sim, hope he does well wherever he is dealt this offseason.

psymun

Starter
#16 : November 22, 2006, 11:55:51 AM

The injury wasn't put on the injury report until a couple weeks ago because he thought it was just soreness... he hurt it in week 3 and was playing with the pain... he'll likely have surgery on it...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 22, 2006, 11:59:03 AM

The injury wasn't put on the injury report until a couple weeks ago because he thought it was just soreness... he hurt it in week 3 and was playing with the pain... he'll likely have surgery on it...

You might be right psymun becuase I think it is the same thing that happened with Kenyatta.  They did not realize the severity of it later down the road.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 22, 2006, 12:00:00 PM

Down goes another one. Even though he hasnt played anywhere near his capabilities this year it still means we are a man less in the DL Rotation.

It looks like Simeon probably wont play for us again. For your efforts over the years I thank you, Simeon.

What's worse is that this shoulder injury will make it harder for us to trade him.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#19 : November 22, 2006, 01:50:05 PM

well atleast we have an excuse when trading him for why he sucked this year.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 22, 2006, 01:53:49 PM

?

What kind of doctors do we have that didn't know of the severity of the ijurues to Rice and Walker?

? ? ? ?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 22, 2006, 02:03:52 PM

What kind of doctors do we have that didn't know of the severity of the ijurues to Rice and Walker?

It's not that. Often times team doctors look at an injury but can allow the player to play with it anyway and hope that it can either be improved through non-surgical means or not get any worse through the end of the season. Sometimes it becomes an issue during the season and then they determine that sending the player to IR is the best way to go.

TDTB

Second String

#22 : November 22, 2006, 02:29:04 PM

They weren't too accurate on Simms diagnosis either.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 22, 2006, 03:24:47 PM

They weren't too accurate on Simms diagnosis either.
BS.. the Simms Dx was timely and not an easy thing the spleen is not a common injury and difficult to Dx without a CT. The other injuries are ones that arent going to get worse with play but obviously didnt heal but they at least tried.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 22, 2006, 04:03:56 PM

Sometimes when you get old, you slow down.  See Derrick Brooks.  Other times when you get old you get hurt more and for longer periods.  See Simeon Rice.  Rice was part of the reason we won a Superbowl, so he deserves credit for what he's done as a Buc. But for now its sianara.  Glad to be rid of a big cap hit.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 22, 2006, 04:19:34 PM

?

? ? ? ?

Pattern we have where a few years back JJ and BK weren't properly diagnosed either and both got hurt worse. This training staff doesn't have a really good record of getting things right in recent years.

It is a concern that is for sure.

Renegade

Rookie

#26 : November 22, 2006, 04:27:34 PM

Rice was the man and appreciate what's he brought to the team. Bring Dwight Freeny here in the off-season!!!

My goodness your avatar is distracting! (In a good way!)

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 22, 2006, 05:04:11 PM

What does this spell for other teams I wonder? How do you guys feel about it, does this hurt the chances of him being dealt???

I loved Rice's game but I am certain he is a goner. From his outburst to the media about Gruden last year to his age getting a year older. I think we need to part ways with Rice. Once a speed guy loses a step he goes down hill quickly. Rice is still a good player but he is no longer elite IMHO, not after this year.

I don't think you can get too much for him. At best I would saying something along the lines of the late second we will get for Booger, but even that is unlikely. This draft is so deep at defensive end, with at least 5 or 6 defensive ends that could be great players. Why pay a big contract and give up a draft pick for a 32 or 33 year old player? Imagine the Bucs trading a second round pick for Tony Gonzalez, and thats along the lines of how bad an idea it would be for other teams. Now teams would jump all over Sim if gets let go, but before letting him go just to save cap space when we already have more than we can or should spend, I say bring him back. Maybe he comes back better, or maybe he has more trade value before the trade deadline like McFarland did.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#28 : November 22, 2006, 09:48:41 PM

I am not a big rice fan but when he decides to play, he can flat out be disruptive, if their is not a premier game changing DE to p/u in FA, i think we should keep rice. We have over 25 mill in cap room, lets go get a fast dispruptive DT and put dewayne white on the other side of the line (he deserves to start)and keep hovan at his position, i think we will have a explosive  d-line again. By having a good DT that would force the qb to roll out and thats when u will see rice clean up and get double digit sack and forced fumbles. I honestly think if the Bucs add a real good player at the DT position right now we would have a top 15 defense and then get rid of phillips for an average safety and we would be a top 10 defense. That position is where it starts, if that center is pushed back into the QB face, that Qb will roll out and its either a sack or the Qb pass quick and its a pick because the WR havent had time to run their routes.....................I think!

IF we cant get a 2nd rd pick or good DE for him, or a DE in FA. I say keep Rice.

And daft one of these players
DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State (6-2¼, 310)
Extremely quick and very powerful. A player on the rise, Taylor has been a one-man wrecking crew on the defensive line for the Wolfpack.    ;D

or

Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298)
A four-year veteran and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick, explosive and goes all out on every play. Not only is he good at eating up space, but he also gets good penetration into the backfield. He leads the Cardinals in both sacks and tackles for loss ;D

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: RICE PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools