Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucfaninDC

Starter

: October 08, 2006, 04:29:07 PM

I know I'll get bashed for even suggesting this, cause Gruden is an offensive genius, but I really think it time they get an offensive coordinator.  Someone else should call the plays.   The 4th quarter is the worst, because that is when Gruden's playcalling seems to go out the window.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#1 : October 08, 2006, 04:30:01 PM

He would never go for it. Too much ego.

#2 : October 08, 2006, 04:30:52 PM

wtf are you talking about!? our defense lost this game for us. grudens sorry offense as you think of it scored us 24 points. what more do you want? our defense and special teams needs to seal the deal to win the games.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 08, 2006, 04:31:45 PM

His playcalling wasn't perfect, but he called a good enough game to win. Especially considering the situaiton this offense was in coming in.

Defense sucked. Special teams added the icing to the crappy cake.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2006, 04:32:09 PM

Our defense needs to freaking tackle

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 04:32:44 PM

His play calling was good throughout the game except the last drive.  There is no way you can defend that last drive.  It was plain horrible.

#6 : October 08, 2006, 04:34:06 PM

i know i am so sick of everyone here blaming the offense each week. last week we scored 24 points and this week we did to. that is more than enough to win a game. this shows me our defense can't stop anyone and we saw all it game today so open up your eyes people. our defense is old and slow.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 08, 2006, 04:34:18 PM

Overall his playcallling was very good until the last drive.  Galloway made a terrible pick and if he had at least looked like he was running a route it might have been the game.

Carnell was a horse in this one. 

We have a running game now and we have a good QB.  If our defense could be half as good as last year this team would be very good.

Now the 0-4 hole is so big they might start mailing it in but I hope that won't happen.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#8 : October 08, 2006, 04:36:33 PM

i know i am so sick of everyone here blaming the offense each week. last week we scored 24 points and this week we did to. that is more than enough to win a game. this shows me our defense can't stop anyone and we saw all it game today so open up your eyes people. our defense is old and slow.

You are right. Gotta pin it on the D, at least he was more agressive with his play calling overall which is what many of us wanted.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#9 : October 08, 2006, 04:37:18 PM

Everyone keeps saying his play calling is fine, yet I see an 0-4 record, and ANOTHER game where the play calling came into question.  Just my opinion.  I think even an OC that helps him with the play calling could make a difference.  Maybe someone upstairs in the booth giving him advice and a different perspective.

#10 : October 08, 2006, 04:38:08 PM

i just can't see how people can blame this offense. no interceptions today and we scored a lot of points and had actually a lot of rushing yards. everything you need to win a game. our defense is what screwed it up, they can't tackle and stop anyone on 3rd down.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#11 : October 08, 2006, 04:38:19 PM

Uh, no they didn't score 24 this week, otherwise we'd all be watching overtime.  

#12 : October 08, 2006, 04:41:24 PM

well sorry it was 21... still enough. you're an idiot if you think defense didn't lose this game. you are just a gruden hater.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 04:43:00 PM

The Bucs are not necessarily 0-4 becuase of Gruden's playcalling.  The rush defense is non existent in the four losses as well as a pass rush.  But Gruden's play calling has hurt this team from being able to win at least two games at the end of the last two games.

2 and 4 is very managable with three downs to go.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#14 : October 08, 2006, 04:45:32 PM

well sorry it was 21... still enough. you're an idiot if you think defense didn't lose this game. you are just a gruden hater.

I thought special teams blew it acutally with that punt return for a TD.  Defense gave up 17 points, O scored 21, That would mean a win if not for special teams, right?  So, again, how did defense lose it?

I'm not a Gruden hater, I'm a Bucs fan, and I stopped drinking the kool-aid, I think they could do better with a new coaching staff.   And don't use the "he won a Super Bowl" argument either, because so did Barry Switzer.  

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools