Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #15 : October 08, 2006, 04:46:44 PM »

ST lost the game directly.  BIdwell just doesn't have the distance he did last year.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 08, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »

I thought special teams blew it acutally with that punt return for a TD.  Defense gave up 17 points, O scored 21, That would mean a win if not for special teams, right?  So, again, how did defense lose it?

I'm not a Gruden hater, I'm a Bucs fan, and I stopped drinking the kool-aid, I think they could do better with a new coaching staff.   And don't use the "he won a Super Bowl" argument either, because so did Barry Switzer.  

Are you FREAKING BLIND??
Have you EVER seen so many missed tackles??
Defense was pathetic.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #17 : October 08, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

I won't say the D lost this game, but they didn't help. They got run on a lot early, but again, we gave them 7 points off of Grad's fumble in the third quarter. That being said, Gradkowsi played a hell of a game. Our D just gave up a little too much too early and that return by Bush killed us.

I thought the D played better in the second half, but NO had two long TD drives in the first half. But even with that, if you take away that fumble and the return, we win 21-10. We are paying in a lot of close games. Last year we found ways to win. This year we aren't

As I have said, this isn't a horrible team. We aren't great, but we are a decent team. We just need to get our heads out of our a$$es. If the D can stop giving up so many big plays in the running game by getting lazy with their tackling, then if we have a mistake or two it won't cost us like it did today.

The playoffs aren't even a consideration, but we can still use this season to build for next season. Grads really showed me a lot today. I mean to complete over 64% of his passes for 225 yards and 2 TDs is pretty impressive. He had a few mistakes and almost had a pass picked on an underthrown ball, but he did so many things with making reads and checking down that a rookie shouldn't be able to do.

If we can continue to build our O-line next year and pick up a LB and a couple D-Lineman and maybe a safety, I think we can be right back in the playoff picture.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #18 : October 08, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

Our defense needs to freaking tackle

DIng DING DING we have a winner.  You can't win if you can't tackle...And we didn't tackle all game.

« #19 : October 08, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »

well 17 points is a lot to give up for a so called number one defense. i'm not drinking any kool-aid i think gruden is hell of a coach and as much as you don't want to hear it he won us a SB which is more than that wuss of a coach dungy did for us. he can't even win a SB with a high powered offense with the colts. in fact their defense isn't even all that great since he has been there.
i blame our defense all the way for this season. they have gave up a lot of running yards and pass yards and points. our offense has actually scored enough points in the last 2 games to win and even had the lead. our defense did lose our game last week and you know that is a fact. our special teams lost it today if you want to get right down to it. but our defense still gave up 17 points!
what other coach do you want? i don't see any other better coaches out on the market.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #20 : October 08, 2006, 04:52:04 PM »

Gruden finally has a QB who can run his system.  It would be absolutely stupid to fire him now.

The picks the Glazers gave up to get Gruden have hurt the defense badly.

If we could get a couple d-line studs this team can get back to the top quick.

« #21 : October 08, 2006, 04:53:30 PM »

great defenses don't give up a lot of points. look at chicago and baltimore this year. that is how great defense is played.
our problem is defense. as much as i hate to say it our defense looks slow out there and out dated.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #22 : October 08, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

We were 0-3 with a sorry QB and an old defense. Were 0-1 with what looks to be a very good QB and an old defense. Grudens playcalling was not the problem. If Galloway doesn't drop that pass he might have gone all the way and if he does a better job selling the pick were on the 2 yard line. If there is a play that the coaches did a bad job of calling it's punting to Bush. This is going to be how it is most games this year, but we did see some bright spots, mainly an excellent performance by a rookie QB, our stud RB looked like himself again, our line did a hell of a job and our receivers looked good. The part that didn't look good is our defense and ST's. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of young guys on defense that we can play to get ready for next year.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #23 : October 08, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »

The defense is not just slow but they are too small upfront.  Kiffin/Dungy's love affair with smallish lineman doesn't work when they get older and slower.

Booger is a disaster and that gift from McKay just keeps on giving.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #24 : October 08, 2006, 04:57:15 PM »

get mike martz or something!!!!!

our playcalling in certain situations sucks real bad

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #25 : October 08, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »

well 17 points is a lot to give up for a so called number one defense. i'm not drinking any kool-aid i think gruden is hell of a coach and as much as you don't want to hear it he won us a SB which is more than that wuss of a coach dungy did for us. he can't even win a SB with a high powered offense with the colts. in fact their defense isn't even all that great since he has been there.
i blame our defense all the way for this season. they have gave up a lot of running yards and pass yards and points. our offense has actually scored enough points in the last 2 games to win and even had the lead. our defense did lose our game last week and you know that is a fact. our special teams lost it today if you want to get right down to it. but our defense still gave up 17 points!
what other coach do you want? i don't see any other better coaches out on the market.

I never said anything about Dungy, so I don't know how he even got into this conversation.  Like I said, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl too, does that make him a "hell of a coach?"  And I've answered that question already before about a new staff.  Kiffin - HC, Barry - DC, and Paul Petrino - OC.  I think Petrino's offensive schemes would work well in the NFL, and with the current players the Bucs have.  

And I'll bring up Switzer again....He coached 4 years in the NFL, went 40-24 and won 1 Super Bowl.  Gruden in Tampa in 4 years + 4 games is 35-33 and 1 Super Bowl.  But does anyone think Switzer was a great coach?  So what makes Gruden one?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #26 : October 08, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »

He would never go for it. Too much ego.
Gruden has an ego?? No way...I guess next you're going to tell me he cusses!!

« #27 : October 08, 2006, 05:08:31 PM »

He showed some innovation in the offensive playcalling and stuck to the run, isn't that what most of you complained about? Mahan as a FB on goalline situations, the reverse, Clayton + Galloway in the backfield, running Caddy even when we were down...and still you complain about Gruden, get real you load of goobers place some blame on our D and ST before you critize Jon for this loss.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #28 : October 08, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »

I thought special teams blew it acutally with that punt return for a TD.  Defense gave up 17 points, O scored 21, That would mean a win if not for special teams, right?  So, again, how did defense lose it?

I'm not a Gruden hater, I'm a Bucs fan, and I stopped drinking the kool-aid, I think they could do better with a new coaching staff.   And don't use the "he won a Super Bowl" argument either, because so did Barry Switzer.  

You're crazy what staff do you suggest????? What HC out there is better??? Face it we haven'y added any decent FA's in years and have tried to build through the draft the past few years on offense because we can not afford top tier players thanks to the previous regime that had a window since 98. Yet in grudens first year he can get the SB trophy. Since he has been cash strapped and draft pick strapped until the past 2 seasons where he had picks and with those has generated 1 ROY and what should have been another ROY-- we all knew the window was closing and that the mortgage for Gruden and the SB would come and now we all B about when it's here.

Face it we have holes on this team and a very young offense. None of you would be complaining if Grads could have stepped into that throw and winged it long enough because it would have been 6 for Galloway as he was wide open if that play is executed and the throw isn't short. Next he gets the first but a player commits an infraction when he has to sell the route. following guess what 3rd and 14 is hard to get in this league but Grads checked down on both 3rd and 4th down and i doubt that was gruden saying hit the underneath 4yd play. Not to mention Joey drops a sure 1st down plus on that drive. I guess Gruden caused that as well.
Gruden shares blame because it's his team but replacing him wont solve anything-- Replacing Muir and BaSuckia may. Cause that is where the definicies lie withy this team. But when yourOC and HC put up 400yds three scores and are leading well into the 4th and your ST's F's it all up there is no use blaming the gameplan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 08, 2006, 05:26:13 PM »

I know I'll get bashed for even suggesting this, cause Gruden is an offensive genius, but I really think it time they get an offensive coordinator. Someone else should call the plays. The 4th quarter is the worst, because that is when Gruden's playcalling seems to go out the window.

Agreed.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools