Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 08, 2006, 05:28:05 PM

wtf are you talking about!? our defense lost this game for us. grudens sorry offense as you think of it scored us 24 points. what more do you want? our defense and special teams needs to seal the deal to win the games.

This I have to agree to. I wish we could get some eyes more opened to see the same thing. 21 to 17 is when we should have closed it out but our special teams let us down this time also...OBD

BucfaninDC

Starter

#31 : October 08, 2006, 05:29:25 PM

You're crazy what staff do you suggest????? What HC out there is better??? Face it we haven'y added any decent FA's in years and have tried to build through the draft the past few years on offense because we can not afford top tier players thanks to the previous regime that had a window since 98. Yet in grudens first year he can get the SB trophy. Since he has been cash strapped and draft pick strapped until the past 2 seasons where he had picks and with those has generated 1 ROY and what should have been another ROY-- we all knew the window was closing and that the mortgage for Gruden and the SB would come and now we all B about when it's here.

Face it we have holes on this team and a very young offense. None of you would be complaining if Grads could have stepped into that throw and winged it long enough because it would have been 6 for Galloway as he was wide open if that play is executed and the throw isn't short. Next he gets the first but a player commits an infraction when he has to sell the route. following guess what 3rd and 14 is hard to get in this league but Grads checked down on both 3rd and 4th down and i doubt that was gruden saying hit the underneath 4yd play. Not to mention Joey drops a sure 1st down plus on that drive. I guess Gruden caused that as well.
Gruden shares blame because it's his team but replacing him wont solve anything-- Replacing Muir and BaSuckia may. Cause that is where the definicies lie withy this team. But when yourOC and HC put up 400yds three scores and are leading well into the 4th and your ST's F's it all up there is no use blaming the gameplan.

I've already made my suggestion about a new staff a few posts later, but I'll re-post it for you:

I never said anything about Dungy, so I don't know how he even got into this conversation.  Like I said, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl too, does that make him a "hell of a coach?"  And I've answered that question already before about a new staff.  Kiffin - HC, Barry - DC, and Paul Petrino - OC.  I think Petrino's offensive schemes would work well in the NFL, and with the current players the Bucs have. 

And I'll bring up Switzer again....He coached 4 years in the NFL, went 40-24 and won 1 Super Bowl.  Gruden in Tampa in 4 years + 4 games is 35-33 and 1 Super Bowl.  But does anyone think Switzer was a great coach?  So what makes Gruden one?

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what makes Gruden a great coach.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 08, 2006, 05:48:30 PM

keep bringing up Switzer -- it's a good exmple-- what the hell has dallas done since him-- Gailey, Campo, and Parcells haven't done crap and they have a far worse win pct-- what was your point again???thanks for playing--- game over

Point of your story change doesn't always work

BucfaninDC

Starter

#33 : October 08, 2006, 05:52:15 PM

keep bringing up Switzer -- it's a good exmple-- what the hell has dallas done since him-- Gailey, Campo, and Parcells haven't done crap and they have a far worse win pct-- what was your point again???thanks for playing--- game over

Point of your story change doesn't always work

Good argument   ::)

My points is what makes Gruden a great coach again?  STILL waiting for an answer.  And do you mean the Cowboys that are currently 2-1 and winning today?

bucDsystem

Starter

#34 : October 08, 2006, 05:56:21 PM

this team needs... a warren sapp a john lynch and better defensive players

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

#35 : October 08, 2006, 05:58:01 PM

this team needs... a warren sapp a john lynch and better defensive players
I know your not saying that an aged Sapp and an aged Lynch would make this a great defense again....

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 08, 2006, 06:07:19 PM

The biggest problem on defense is the black hole that is McFarland.  Huge dollars for nothing.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 08, 2006, 06:09:03 PM

Good argument ::)

My points is what makes Gruden a great coach again? STILL waiting for an answer. And do you mean the Cowboys that are currently 2-1 and winning today?

Because as you have seen in the past 2 games he has made the calls to win the games -- sure he shares blame in the losses but he has easily been handicapped by the circumstances surrounding the team. Yet you would like to see Kiffen who I love as well but come on you blame Gruden but have no problem with kiff when it is his defense that has looked like crap all year.  He cant make his one side of the ball hold yet you want him to manage it all. why is that? Gruden on the other hand has proven with his players in place he can succeed. And the past two games has done so-- you tell me what side of the ball has been better the past 2 games.
what makes me like Gruden??

He is still young- has more winning seasons than losing, has alot of playoff appearances, has a SB, and is rebuilding. He has the youngest offense in all of football and has stayed competitive. IMO you place the blame on the wrong circumstances. I am not ready to give up on gruden until he has the cap, the players, and the full draft to build like he did in Oakland-- he has never had that here yet in 4 short years has 2 divison titles and a SB. You act like we were all blind to the fact that this aging defense -- high priced FA's that have been uncuttable,and all the lost drafts would not catch up to us. Yet while keeping it competitive  he has a young offense coming around that was ignored for half a decade by the previous regime.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#38 : October 08, 2006, 06:23:52 PM

Because as you have seen in the past 2 games he has made the calls to win the games -- sure he shares blame in the losses but he has easily been handicapped by the circumstances surrounding the team. Yet you would like to see Kiffen who I love as well but come on you blame Gruden but have no problem with kiff when it is his defense that has looked like crap all year.  He cant make his one side of the ball hold yet you want him to manage it all. why is that? Gruden on the other hand has proven with his players in place he can succeed. And the past two games has done so-- you tell me what side of the ball has been better the past 2 games.
what makes me like Gruden??

He is still young- has more winning seasons than losing, has alot of playoff appearances, has a SB, and is rebuilding. He has the youngest offense in all of football and has stayed competitive. IMO you place the blame on the wrong circumstances. I am not ready to give up on gruden until he has the cap, the players, and the full draft to build like he did in Oakland-- he has never had that here yet in 4 short years has 2 divison titles and a SB. You act like we were all blind to the fact that this aging defense -- high priced FA's that have been uncuttable,and all the lost drafts would not catch up to us. Yet while keeping it competitive  he has a young offense coming around that was ignored for half a decade by the previous regime.

Thanks for actually giving a reasonable reply as opposed to the whole "you're just a Gruden-hater" replies I'm used to getting.  I blame Gruden for allowing the defense to get into the shape it is in.  He is willing to draft young over the last 3 years for his offense but not the defense.  Maybe Kiffin isn't stepping up enough in the "war room" on draft day, but it is ultimately the HC and GM that make draft decisions. 
Gruden does have an overall winning record as HC, but he's barely above .500 in Tampa, and will be under after this year. 
I think this team needs to get back to what made it competative, and that was a great defense.  I think Kiffin and Barry as HC and DC respectively can do that by having more say in personnel decisions.  The offense has been off and on since Gruden has been here, and I personally am not that impressed with his schemes and play calling.  I think that side of the ball it is time for a change.  Again, either bring in an OC, or get rid of Gruden all together.  I see alot of around here that its "execution, not play calling."  To a point I can agree, sometimes a good play call will be inproperly executed, but a bad play call will always fail.  And I see more bad play calls.
But after what will probably be the 3rd losing season in 4 years, SOMETHING has to change.  And my belief, its time for a regime change.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 08, 2006, 06:28:26 PM

I'm trying to figure out how over 400 yds of O is bad?
D now that was bad!

BucfaninDC

Starter

#40 : October 08, 2006, 06:33:05 PM

I'm trying to figure out how over 400 yds of O is bad?
D now that was bad!

It's not, 0-4 is.  And those numbers are just 1 game.  They are still 32nd in rushing yards/game and 31st in total offense this year.

bucDsystem

Starter

#41 : October 08, 2006, 06:34:45 PM

I know your not saying that an aged Sapp and an aged Lynch would make this a great defense again....

a - not - the... someone with the attitude and abilities of both

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

Pious12

Practice Squad

#42 : October 08, 2006, 08:52:41 PM

His playcalling sucks in hindsight!!  You can't tell me that you weren't excited as hell when Hilliard caught that pass late in the 4th quarter.

It's soooo easy to second guess when we know the outcome!  Gruden knows more about football then every poster on here, yet we still have people who play Madden and think they know everything.  Gruden is a good playcaller.  This team could easily be 2-2, but when a team is having the type of year the Bucs are having, the breaks dont going your way! 

GO BUCS!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 08, 2006, 09:00:16 PM

well sorry it was 21... still enough. you're an idiot if you think defense didn't lose this game. you are just a gruden hater.

That's exactly what he is.
And Gru is pure O, he doesn't even touch the D, that's all Monte's show. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 08, 2006, 09:09:22 PM

While I can't say I always agreed with some play calls in our other 3 previous games, I thought the offensive calls were pretty good today.  I thought I saw a pretty young offense play well today and can't wait to see how they continue to grow together.  Too bad I can't say the same about our D.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools