Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

LA BUC

Starter

#45 : October 09, 2006, 01:43:49 AM

The Saints defense is just as bad as ours.

#46 : October 09, 2006, 12:12:16 PM

excuse me? they were ranked number 5 defense coming into that game. how is that as bad as ours?
if anything it is better. are we even ranked in the top 10 anymore? [banghead]

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 09, 2006, 12:18:03 PM

I'm trying to figure out how over 400 yds of O is bad?
D now that was bad!

me too.  we finaly saw what it will look like with a QB that fits the scheme.  I'd say the game was called pretty good ... well from an offensive standpoint. 

wtmcgee

Starter

#48 : October 09, 2006, 12:53:59 PM

He would never go for it. Too much ego.

He had an OC in Oakland...

#49 : October 09, 2006, 01:07:20 PM

Uhhh...IMO Gruden called a fantastic game.  Got good matchups, attacked the whole field.  Found the edges in the running game when appropriate and brought it back inside in the right situations.  Great use of his weapons despite having a rookie QB.  I thought Gruden was loose and gutsy.  We just can't tackle.

I don't understand the number of posts complaining about Gruden today.  We put together a complete game offensively, and everyone is complaining?

#50 : October 09, 2006, 01:10:31 PM

I've already made my suggestion about a new staff a few posts later, but I'll re-post it for you:

I never said anything about Dungy, so I don't know how he even got into this conversation.  Like I said, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl too, does that make him a "hell of a coach?"  And I've answered that question already before about a new staff.  Kiffin - HC, Barry - DC, and Paul Petrino - OC.  I think Petrino's offensive schemes would work well in the NFL, and with the current players the Bucs have. 

And I'll bring up Switzer again....He coached 4 years in the NFL, went 40-24 and won 1 Super Bowl.  Gruden in Tampa in 4 years + 4 games is 35-33 and 1 Super Bowl.  But does anyone think Switzer was a great coach?  So what makes Gruden one?

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what makes Gruden a great coach.

The difference is that Gruden brought a necessary element to the table to get the Bucs over the hump, while Switzer did not do the same for the Cowboys.  Honestly ask yourself this question: if Gruden had not come to the Bucs, would they have won the SB?

Nope.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 09, 2006, 01:12:12 PM

The Bucs defense should all train in Strength Shoes to up their quickness a bit.  It couldn't hurt...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 09, 2006, 03:47:21 PM

Nobody's playcalling will ever be perfect.  But Gruden's was the finest I've seen in a long, long time.  Do you realize that it was his plays that made up for the glaring defencies of this team?  It was brilliant, IMHO.  That being said, there was a part of me in the fourth quarter was actually glad we were behind so Gruden wouldn't get too conservative.  That is his tendancy (as is Shottenheimers, Dungy's, Cowers).  I was glad he had to throw the ball and take risks...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team needs an OC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools