Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's offical Luke McCown is AWFUL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 23, 2007, 08:27:04 PM

At this point, we need to bring Grads in because McCown is clueless, at least Bruce doesn't look scared.

Wow...Now that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! One is clueless (McCown) and the other (Grads) has zero skill/ability to even take a breath on an NFL field...
Luke McCown you are terrible, you hold the ball like you're playing flag football, never throw the ball away when the play breaksdown. You have no future in the NFL, good day.. At this point, we need to bring Grads in because McCown is clueless, at least Bruce doesn't look scared.

I'm being dead serious. If you gave me 5 days of practice a week for a year and a half with Gruden and gave me all the tape and practice that Grads gets I swear to god I think I could do at least as good as he does. Gradkowski is a freaking joke!

Baghead #2

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 23, 2007, 08:32:18 PM

Got pretty much what is expected of a backup QB. He made some stupid plays for sure, but then also made some nice ones. Kept the play going several times and made something out of them. Will that type of effort be sufficient in the playoffs, absolutely not, but not the end of the world either as he looked more comfortable as the game wore on.
Now, Phillip Buchanon returning punts, that's another story that doesn't need to ever happen again.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#32 : December 23, 2007, 08:57:14 PM

get him out of there...damn it....put Jeff back in....

and yeah critize me now, but dont let me say I told you so after we lose our playoff game because our offense plays like crap again

yeah cause there's a definitive correlation of one to the other.

PoorRichard

Starter

#33 : December 23, 2007, 09:12:32 PM

Luke McCown you are terrible, you hold the ball like you're playing flag football, never throw the ball away when the play breaksdown. You have no future in the NFL, good day.. At this point, we need to bring Grads in because McCown is clueless, at least Bruce doesn't look scared.

You tell it like it ain't....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 23, 2007, 10:01:04 PM

He potentially is costing us the game we are losing, thank you McCown YOU'RE A SCRUB!

Calm down...

QFT...

Fresh, remember that time you said "Jeff Garcia sucks" in the offseason???  This is kinda like that.

schtoomy

Second String

#35 : December 24, 2007, 12:11:32 AM

geez everybody.  he made some boneheaded plays, he made some great plays.  the guys played in like 6 or 7 nfl games.  remember grads against the skins, or all last year?  THAT was awful.  Luke today had one horrendous play, but seemed to do ok after that.  i'm not ready to write him off forever just yet.

having said that, given where he is now, if he Garcia goes down, we are done.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 24, 2007, 12:12:29 AM

This guy started his thread during the game...explains a lot...

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 24, 2007, 12:26:22 AM

I still think Luke has potential.  The things he needs to work on can be solved with experience.  People these days just want any QB to be able to come in and dominate...but a key element in the NFL, especially at the QB position, that CAN'T be taught, is in-game experience.  When t comes to the McCown arguement, I bring up David Garrard.  Last year David had great games, and he had horrible games...very wishy washy and inconsistent.  But he got experence.  Look at him now.  I think Luke can get there.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 24, 2007, 01:15:13 AM

Damn, it didn't take long for our fickle fanbase to jump off Luke's bandwagon.

Yes, Luke made some terrible errors today - but come on folks, he's practically a rookie out there. Once he got warmed up he did okay. While it would have been a tremendous catch, Clayton should have had that TD pass...and he should have gotten he's feet down on the 2 point conversion.

I still think Luke has a future. He's shown more than Bruce ever did...and I'd even say Chris, too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 24, 2007, 02:01:47 AM

McCown is still holding the ball way to long to be completely effective in this offense.

When Garcia comes in, he gets rid of the ball rather quickly, consistently.  When he doesn't, he gets the happy feet, and bounces around in the pocket for a second, then he throws.

McCown hangs on to the ball a bit too long, a lot of the stuff he does requires him to roll out of the pocket.  He does this quite a bit, and he isn't completely efective at it yet.

But I think McCown is a far better backup when you consider the alternative. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 24, 2007, 02:12:09 AM

He does hold onto the ball too long, but the OL looked worse today

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 24, 2007, 02:43:27 AM

OL played like shizzle for sure.  They should be ashamed to cash in their game checks...getting their QBs mauled like that, not opening holes for the run game.  Pathetic.

And no, I am not cutting anyone any breaks.

You get something good for a minute, and then it decides to go piss on another hydrant.  Screw that.  Consistency needs to be the answer, because despite the mass substitutions, the O-line was still all starters, and they couldn't be the force they had to...

Muir can go if he wants...I am not upset he is sniffing around in Miami.  Someone else can do his job, but I doubt he leaves.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#42 : December 24, 2007, 04:43:51 AM

John Wade NEEDS TO GO!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 24, 2007, 05:23:16 AM

OL played like shizzle for sure. They should be ashamed to cash in their game checks...getting their QBs mauled like that, not opening holes for the run game. Pathetic.

And no, I am not cutting anyone any breaks.

You get something good for a minute, and then it decides to go piss on another hydrant. Screw that. Consistency needs to be the answer, because despite the mass substitutions, the O-line was still all starters, and they couldn't be the force they had to...

Muir can go if he wants...I am not upset he is sniffing around in Miami. Someone else can do his job, but I doubt he leaves.

This team flat out hasnt played consistent, thats why I say 1 win and were probably out in the playoffs. Hopefully they have proved me wrong but they havent played a consistent stretch of games all year.

Screw people saying draft a DT, this team needs some playmakers on offense. Ill take a RB, WR round 1. Im sorry if Galloway goes down were screwed, and Earnest Graham isnt a RB who I feel can break for a big play, hes solid but not that guy who you think could break for a big play anytime he has the ball.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 24, 2007, 06:12:59 AM

Graham is fine.   He kind of reminds me of Emmitt Smith.   A WR would be nice.   Clayton has meat for brains not getting his feet in.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's offical Luke McCown is AWFUL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools