Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey defense..... YOU SUCK!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : October 08, 2006, 05:08:10 PM

Anybody see 55 at the game? ???

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 08, 2006, 07:30:13 PM

I think the Cover 2 (or tampa 2) is a little more exposed then it used to be. I think OC's have learned how to beat it..

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 08, 2006, 07:11:30 PM

bump, we need to revamp the D we need hitters and speed and tacklers

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#18 : October 08, 2006, 07:41:33 PM

I think the Cover 2 (or tampa 2) is a little more exposed then it used to be. I think OC's have learned how to beat it..

not really the cover 2 is meant to limit the big plays -- our guys are playing out position and not tackling-- the cover 2 is a great defense when its executed-- ie: see the Chicago Bears for further examples

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#19 : October 08, 2006, 07:48:41 PM

Rice should be on that show dancing with Jerry Springer.

The whole D has lost it. Broken tackles, no real sacks, no turnovers other than the apple turnovers in Booger's locker. All they managed to do today was get in the way every now and then.

The days of the D carrying this team are over. Gradkowski will have to play even better than he did if they are going to win anything. The draft looks promising.

Well said, but also the main point is that if we have to rely on a Rookie QB to outplay his veteran counterpart on the opposing team to win games  because our Defense can no longer play as well or better than the opposing team defense,  we are in big trouble.   Very sad, but it might be true.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 08, 2006, 07:50:43 PM

For the Tampa 3 to be effectiveyou need a  good pass rush from the front four. We weren't getting pressure with the front four plus a couple bltzers

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 08, 2006, 08:33:34 PM

Where is our friken front four???  And whats up with all of these diving wiffs ... they looked like a bunch of high schoolers on a ton of plays today.

Some changes I think would be nice to see ...

1. Sit McFarland - just when you think he can't get any worse after the Carolina game (1 tak), he gets a big goose egg today. Problem is Wyms is doing nothing when he comes in.  Can you smell a trade?  Doubt it, but sure would be nice.
2. More White!  Maybe he can fill in for Boogie short term. 
3. Quarles wiffed on several plays last game and follows up with the same this week.  Time for Ruud.
4. And with all of our CB's 30 or older, where is Zemaitis?  Is he on the witness relocation program?
5. Forget about Brooks, can we atleast get someone on the strongside that doesn't keep taking himself outta the play? 

This Defense used to be about speed, gap responsibility, and gang tackling.  What was that old word ... loafing?  STOP LOAFING AROUND!!!  Where is the passion and intensity we have seen for so many years?  Right now, we need a youth explosion.  The experience level won't be the same, but right now we need a fire lit under some behinds!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 08, 2006, 10:02:32 PM

Two games in a row that our team loses when scoring 21 or more points. You can't be any good when your defense plays like ours. Granted our offense has sucked...our defense has sucked even more. Pathetic.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 08, 2006, 10:09:33 PM

I started this SAME thread last week and got absolutely FLAMED by 99% of you

Thanks, guys.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

#24 : October 08, 2006, 10:11:16 PM

Thanks, guys.
not I, last week the D let us down when we needed them most, same with the week before, the week before, and this week....hmm..pattern?

tonyflash

Starter

#25 : October 08, 2006, 10:16:21 PM

If that is the case, then they might want to take a look at what is going on in Chicago.

tonyflash

Starter

#26 : October 08, 2006, 10:20:35 PM

Also, has anyone seen Booger's face on a milk carton lately?

Love him or hate him it was the fatboy with the #99 jersey who made this defense work. Booger was to be his replacement when he was no longer able to produce. He has had his time, but I think next season it is time to move on.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 08, 2006, 10:20:43 PM

The defense let us down.  The local media won’t say it but I will, the defense has as much to with us being 0-4 as Simms’ turnovers, perhaps more so.  With the number of vets we have on defense and the amount of money we have invested on that side of the ball, the dramatic drop off (particularly the sloppy tackling) is unacceptable.  Our defense is on the decline and our core starters are in their 30s.  currently 6 starters (7 if you count Bolden) are in their 30s.  we need to do some house cleaning over the off-season, with at least 4 new starters.  My thoughts:

- Cut Booger in the off-season.  But during the remainder of this year Wyms should get plenty of PT to see if he is a viable replacement, because he is making too much money for a reserve DT.
- Rice is trade bait, shop him for a 2nd rd pick.  Best case scenario we gain an extra day 1 pick, worst case we retain Rice and suffer through his peaks and valleys.  
- Ruud starts over Quarles next year.  He starts this year too the moment we are mathematically eliminated. Until then, he should see AT LEAST 1/3 of the snaps.  I’d like to keep Quarles around next year as a reserve.  
- White is re-signed and starts at one DE spot.  Spires takes a pay cut and reduction in pt (but is still part of the rotation) or is cut.  White should be starting now; he is leading the team in sacks off the bench.
- Sign a vet FA safety to start. Phili’s Michael Lewis will be a UFA and is my suggestion.  JF said on PR that next year with the cap increase and with our dead money off the books we should be 20+ mill under the cap. Let’s spend it on some holes.
- Along the same lines as #5, let’s make a run at Chicago’s Lance Briggs to replace Brooks.  It’s a long shot compared to Lewis but we still don’t have a replacement in the pipeline behind Brooks.  Cripes, Winborn hasn’t even been active for the bulk of this season, so the team must not think highly of him if Mallard and Cash are playing over him.  Briggs is one of the best young OLB’s in the game. It will take some big dollars to land him but we have the cash to sign a marquee FA.  
- Someone suggested Dockett as an option on the insider board.  I agree if the price is right.  I liked Dockett coming out of FSU two years ago.  He is a RFA.  Depending on what type of tender AZ places on him, I’d go after him.  If all it costs us is a 3rd rd pick (minimum tender) I’d jump on it. He is tailor made for our scheme as an athletic penetrating UT. He has a nasty streak too.  He doesn’t fit AZ’s scheme as well but he could thrive here.  He’s my ideal replacement for Booger.  
- Defense heavy draft.  I pushed hard for this last year as you both will recall, but Gruden likes his offensive toys.  What Chucky wants, Bruce gets.   2/3 of our day one picks need to go to the defense.  I nominate Moses or Adams as our rd 1 targets.  Our d-line is arguably our biggest weakness. The cover 2 is based on the front 4 generating the pass rush so the remaining 7 can stay in coverage.  We have no pass rush what so ever.  Dockett and Adams or Moses on the d-line would inject some youth and athleticism to the unit.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 08, 2006, 10:40:33 PM

Thanks, guys.
Not by me, homie.......

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#29 : October 08, 2006, 10:42:15 PM

Love him or hate him it was the fatboy with the #99 jersey who made this defense work. Booger was to be his replacement when he was no longer able to produce. He has had his time, but I think next season it is time to move on.

I agree.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey defense..... YOU SUCK!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools