Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 23, 2006, 09:36:40 AM

A safety with no pass rush, brilliant. Picking that high in the draft they will take one of three positions; DE, WR or LT, with an outside chance on DT if they rate one high enough.

I sincerely hope we don't take a WR day one

You take BAP in the 1st round, and that high up the draft it might be a WR. If Calvin Johnson drops to us it will be hard to pass on. This team's WR core very thin, and Joey is very near the end of his career, so who do we have if he is gone?

I hear ya, but I'd have no problem passing on Johnson.  We just spent a day one pick on a guy that hasn't really seen the field, so we don't know what we have there.  Why use another pick until we know Stovall can't be the guy?  In an offense where the ball is (supposed to be) spread around to multiple guys, premium pick WRs don't have as much value.  Look at what's going on with the Pats.  They are getting most of their production out of cheap FA acquisitions.  I could maybe see a case if we cut Clayton, but I think he's got at least another year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 23, 2006, 09:26:29 AM

A safety with no pass rush, brilliant. Picking that high in the draft they will take one of three positions; DE, WR or LT, with an outside chance on DT if they rate one high enough.

You take BAP in the 1st round, and that high up the draft it might be a WR.  If Calvin Johnson drops to us it will be hard to pass on.  This team's WR core very thin, and Joey is very near the end of his career, so who do we have if he is gone?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 23, 2006, 09:20:29 AM

A safety with no pass rush, brilliant.  Picking that high in the draft they will take one of three positions; DE, WR or LT, with an outside chance on DT if they rate one high enough.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 23, 2006, 09:21:24 AM

CHEAHLE

Starter
#19 : November 23, 2006, 02:24:32 AM

A big time DE would be nice...but how about LaRon Landry.  Imagine having a dominant safety for our cover 2, a la Bob Sanders in Indy.  Their defense is hurt BIG TIME when he is out with an injury.  I think having a Blue Chip safety would really boost our defense, and Landry is just that.

#20 : November 23, 2006, 01:08:25 PM

What about Dallas Baker in round 2? Baker is going to make a really good pro

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 23, 2006, 12:35:35 PM

We should go OL, DL, CB and Safety throughout this entire draft as lets face it we can sign LB's (Briggs or June) and after Calvin Johnson there are not that many big play WR's.  I would love to see us somehow work a trade, pick up another 1st round pick and go Gaines Adams, Tank Tyler and Brandon Merriweather with our first three picks then in the third or fourth round go Marcus Thomas as imagine a DL of White, Ellis, Hovan and Rice with Adams, Tyler and Haye as top backups.  Merriweather could start with Will Allen or we move Ronde to safety and sign a Nate Clements to play opposite BK.  Our LB's could be Briggs/June/Winborn, Ruud and Brooks with Nece and Quarles as top backups.  I know getting another 1st round pick is slim but I think we would only need to trade down a few spots to pick up some extra picks then be able to trade back up into the first round.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 22, 2006, 12:13:21 PM

For what is worth...These are only Seniors

The two newcomers to this week's Big Board are Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye and Purdue defensive end Anthony Spencer. With their additions, that makes a total of nine defensive linemen among the Top 25 players.

Okoye was an intriguing prospect at the beginning of the season, but has played his way into being part of the first-round discussion for next April's NFL draft. What might be most impressive is that Okoye will not turn 20 years old until next June. As for Spencer, he has become a much more consistent and effective pass rusher this season, and leads the Boilermakers in both tackles (82) and sacks (10½).

1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same
Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn has 18 TD passes and no interceptions in his last six games. His last INT came at Michigan State on Sept. 23.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193) | previous: Same
Tough customer who also shows very good anticipation and awareness in coverage. Hall leads the Wolverines with three interceptions.

4. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: Same
Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams leads the Tigers with 10½ sacks.  ;) ;)

5. Quinn Pit**CENSORED**, DT, Ohio St. (6-3, 297) | previous: 7
Run-stuffing dynamo who does a great job of clogging the interior.

6.  Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame (6-4½, 215) | previous: 5
Super hands and concentration with outstanding speed-to-size ratio. Samardzija has had at least six receptions and 100 yards receiving in three of his last four games.

7. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205) | previous: 6
Four-year starter who has proven to be Mr. Reliable throughout his career. Landry leads LSU with 33 solo tackles.

8. Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. (6-4½, 325) | previous: 10
Steady and reliable at protecting the quarterback's blind side.

9. Buster Davis, LB, Florida State (5-10, 242) | previous: Same
Rock-solid player who is a shorter version of Ray Lewis. Davis leads the Seminoles with 87 tackles (42 solo).

10. DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State (6-2¼, 310) | previous: 11
Extremely quick and very powerful. A player on the rise, Taylor has been a one-man wrecking crew on the defensive line for the Wolfpack.  ;) ;)

11. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St. (6-0½, 200) | previous: 13
He has the size and speed (4.33 40-yard dash) with outstanding coverage technique.

12. Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn (5-10½, 199) | previous: 14
Deceptively strong with great vision and balance. Irons has missed two games this season because of injuries.

13. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Unranked
A four-year veteran and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick, explosive and goes all out on every play. Not only is he good at eating up space, but he also gets good penetration into the backfield. He leads the Cardinals in both sacks and tackles for loss.  ;) ;)

14. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia (6-4, 254) | previous: 12
Mature, hard working and explosive off the edge. Moses is second on the Bulldogs with 10½ tackles for loss.

15. Ray McDonald, DE, Florida (6-2½, 279) | previous: 8
A versatile defensive lineman who is putting together an outstanding senior season for the Gators. McDonald is quick at the snap and plays through the whistle. He's stayed healthy this season after missing a significant amount of time in 2005 with a knee injury.

16. Daymeion Hughes, CB, California (6-0, 187) | previous: 15
Big-play cornerback for the Golden Bears. Finished strong in 2005 and it has carried over to this season. Hughes has eight interceptions, tied for the most in Division I-A.

17. Tim Crowder, DE, Texas (6-3¼, 273) | previous: 22
Consistent and reliable in his career, but has become more of a playmaker for the Longhorns in 2006.

18. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina (6-0, 190) | previous: 16
He's a difference-maker when he's at full strength. Allison had a solid junior season and is putting up solid numbers again in 2006.

19. Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi (6-2, 235) | previous: Same
Tackling machine with great football sense. Willis leads the Rebels with 112 tackles (74 solo).

20. Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan St. (6-3, 232) | previous: 17
Desire to win is unmatched and brings every intangible you want at the QB position. Stanton showed those intangibles in the Spartans' miraculous comeback at Northwestern.

21. Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn (6-3, 300) | previous: 23
A versatile athlete who started his career at defensive tackle then shifted to tight end. Grubbs brings a great deal of athletic ability to the interior of the offensive line.

22. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue (6-2½, 261) | previous: Unranked
He has become a much more effective pass rusher this season for the Boilermakers. The key at the next level will be his athleticism and versatility because I project he would be an ideal outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

23. Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame (5-11½, 212) | previous: 18
An aggressive ball hawk who brings a swagger to the Irish's defense. A true playmaker who also excels as a punt returner.

24. David Harris, LB, Michigan (6-2, 240) | previous: 21
Fast, strong and very productive, Harris has been one of the elite defensive players in the Big Ten this season.

25. Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame (6-4, 270) | previous: Same
He has really stepped up as a big-time pass rusher this season. Abiamiri also is one of the more durable and battle-tested ends in the country.  ;) ;)

Dropped
John Wendling, S, Wyoming (6-1, 220) | previous: 20
He's a key performer on the Cowboys defense that ranks, statistically, as one of the best in the nation. Wendling can run under 4.40 in the 40-yard dash and has a 41-inch vertical leap. He's also one of the most intelligent players in all of college football.

Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan (6-5½, 300) | previous: 24
He's a former tight end who has developed into a natural left tackle. Staley brings incredible footwork, athleticism and agility to the position.

Okoye is moving up boards. I am hoping we could get him in R2, that would be lovely!!! Marcus Thomas would be in the Top 10 but he blew up and got kicked off the team, we all know the story.

Baghead #2

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 22, 2006, 12:15:01 PM

Can we draft all of them?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 22, 2006, 12:16:27 PM

Gaines Adams.  :-* :-* :-*

#25 : November 22, 2006, 12:18:54 PM

Gaines Adams. :-* :-* :-*
Marcus McCauley>Adams

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 22, 2006, 12:19:32 PM

Marcus McCauley>Adams

Lies.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 22, 2006, 12:19:41 PM

Gaines Adams would be nice! Could you imagine going

1. Gaines Adams
2. Aaron Rouse
2. Okoye or Marcus Thomas

Put that in with some FA defenders and damn we would be looking solid!

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 22, 2006, 12:20:28 PM

Marcus McCauley is a stud but I can't see a CB in R1 with the possiblity of getting one via FA and already having Barber. McCauley would be nice but I can't see it happen.

Baghead #2

#29 : November 22, 2006, 12:21:35 PM

Marcus McCauley>Adams

Lies.
Don't let your man-crush blind you. ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools