Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 22, 2006, 01:41:24 PM

Amobi Okoye is intriguing because he is so young.  Usually you draft a DT and if you are lucky get 7 or 8 productive years out of them.  This kid could play for 12 years and in three or fours years he could be one of the most dominant DTs the game has seen.

Young and smart.  I watched him a few times this year, and was disappointed that he wasn't as dominant as I had expected after hearing the hype.  On the flip side, though, his young body is still maturing and he will definitely be able to put on more size.  I've read several scouting reports projecting him as a future 3-4 NT.

If he falls into the right situation with good coaches I think he could develop into a beast of a player.  AT 19 he is way off full size or strength yet, and like you said he is smart.

#46 : November 22, 2006, 01:45:01 PM

9. Buster Davis, LB, Florida State (5-10, 242) | previous: Same
Rock-solid player who is a shorter version of Ray Lewis. Davis leads the Seminoles with 87 tackles (42 solo).

hmmmm, I wonder if Im still this huge FSU homer for saying Buster Davis would be a good '1st' round pick for the BUcs? Kiper has Butser as the #1 LB in the draft, and I agree he is. Buster Davis is an absolute monster. I like the Ray Lewis comparison, never thought of it before. Id compare him a little more to Jonathon Vilma than Lewis, but maybe somewhere in between.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 22, 2006, 01:46:06 PM

Interesting that there are only 8 players on offense on that list.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#48 : November 22, 2006, 01:47:40 PM

I don't even see CB has a huge need.  

Agreed,. Ill quote a certain Coach Ditka AGAIN...when the QBs on his back it doesnt matter whos at CB. When you bbuild a defense, you build from the player closest to the ball
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools