Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A great day to be a Bucs fan! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : October 08, 2006, 10:04:16 PM

Trading Simms will only happen to a Desperate team that feels they are "close" and don't want to groom a draft choice, and fear we might franchise him. Doubt that will happen, but you never know. More likely IR after week six and gone in FA next year. he won't get a big offer here, someone will beat it.
why the heck would we franchise him? Doesn't that mean the average of the top five salaries? I like Chris but let's be honest, HE'S NOT WORTH THAT

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#31 : October 08, 2006, 10:06:46 PM

He seems to carry a very positive energy, and what an accurate passer! great mobility. Hopefully, it carries through to Bengals game. Now if we can get our D back we're a complete team.

#32 : October 09, 2006, 12:30:22 AM

Agreed with others.  While a loss sucks, I was happy to see the numbers on Grads today, oh and actually seeing Caddy break 100 yards for his first time this year.  For it being his first start, it was a hell of an impression that he left on the field.  Especially considering that it was done in enemy territory.

That is not something easy to overcome for a first start IMO, especially considering Gruden did not consider giving Simms that type of consideration until it was a home game.  While true we had other options when it was Simms, but still to give the rookie the nod, says a lot.

As far as the game tape goes, there is tape of Grads in the preseason too.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 09, 2006, 01:12:09 AM

why the heck would we franchise him? Doesn't that mean the average of the top five salaries? I like Chris but let's be honest, HE'S NOT WORTH THAT

I never said we would.  What I said was that was the only scenario where a team might trade for him.

Trading Simms will only happen to a Desperate team that feels they are "close" and don't want to groom a draft choice, and fear we might franchise him.  Doubt that will happen, but you never know.  More likely IR after week six and gone in FA next year.  he won't get a big offer here, someone will beat it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A great day to be a Bucs fan! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools