Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Bush? Should USC get in trouble? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Runole

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 18, 2007, 03:14:48 PM

So Tank Black and other agents weren't on the UF campus??  Remember this agent payola at UF went on for over 2 years and there most certainly was knowledge with the Mo Collins Fiesta Bowl investigation that Summer.  This preceded UF's MNC game and the whole 1997 season.   From my view this is far more grievous than Reggie Bush since there were so many players involved.  How?? UF skated on that one will always be one of CFB's greatest mysteries.

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#46 : December 18, 2007, 03:23:58 PM

Man, I was right about Ray and Runole getting into it, and I didn't even see this thread...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#47 : December 18, 2007, 05:40:01 PM

So Tank Black and other agents weren't on the UF campus??  Remember this agent payola at UF went on for over 2 years and there most certainly was knowledge with the Mo Collins Fiesta Bowl investigation that Summer.  This preceded UF's MNC game and the whole 1997 season.   From my view this is far more grievous than Reggie Bush since there were so many players involved.  How?? UF skated on that one will always be one of CFB's greatest mysteries.
Were they on the sidelines and in the locker room?  I never saw where that was said.  If you don't see the difference you are just not interested.

The NCAA investigated and made judgment.  I am sure you can read what they had to say if you look hard enough. 

Still curious to see you so interested in things 10-20 years ago but have no take on CURRENT events like FSU's CHEATING! 

Keep living in the past runole, we'll live in the present and future.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#48 : December 19, 2007, 03:05:42 PM

Reggie Bush was in the past.. Tank Black was in the past.. The thread is about Bush which I feel was far less grievous than the Tank Black and multiple agents at UF.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#49 : December 19, 2007, 03:25:47 PM

The Bush deal has been on going since he was a student still.  I'd qualify that as current.

Tank Black was 11-13 years ago.  I'd say that isn't  current and NCAA ruled on that.  At that point it's over and done and nothing you or I say matters, not that it ever did.

And yet even so you still have yet to address the question I posed, which IMO is a key factor to maybe WHY this is in USC's control and the NCAA felt UF was absolved.

Did UF allow Agents on the sidelines and in the locker room like USC allegedly had?

Keep trying.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 19, 2007, 03:27:47 PM

Not sure but they sure were in some cool rides!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#51 : December 19, 2007, 03:44:31 PM

Ok, I'll take that as a no.  Thanks.

If you want to talk rides, go back and check what guys like Travis Minor drove in college.  Peter Warrick was often seen riding driving a nice Escalade.  Hmm.....

Bottom line is, like CHEAtING, it is one thing for a guy to go out and do it on his own. It is another thing for staff members to facilitate it.  At that point it become an NCAA institutional control matter.  Kind of like the Agents.  It is tough to pin a player getting caught up with an agent on the university, but if they allow the Agents on the sidelines and in the locker room it becomes an institutional issue.

I guess that is hard for a Nole fan to grasp though. Too much cheating to actually learn anything.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 19, 2007, 03:46:59 PM

Give it up, Ray...it's pointless.

He's a joke, his other Semi-buddies even say so.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#53 : December 19, 2007, 06:38:06 PM

Moore had visited USC in October and gave a "semi-commitment" after "they threw out the red carpet for me." Carroll paraded Moore around Heritage Hall and warned the receiver he might need to squint at the sight of all the Heisman Trophies and national championship hardware. Moore said the program even promised him jersey No. 6 � his favorite number � if he wanted it. Never mind that quarterback Mark Sanchez already had it. He dined at expensive restaurants with coaches and was housed at a five-star hotel. And he was trucked around Hollywood by Warren Sapp, who just happened to be at USC that day. The Raiders defensive tackle has no connections to the program otherwise.

Piece in Sac. Bee about Carl Moore who just signed with UF.  The problem?  The NCAA banned these types of perks.

In an attempt to eliminate what NCAA President Myles Brand called a "culture of entitlement" in college sports recruiting, the NCAA yesterday approved several rules changes that ban schools from using private planes, extravagant hotels, high-priced meals and other perks to lure athletes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Aug5.html

Also known as the "Willie Williams rule"

Kind of funny Sapp is recruiting for USC and not Miami lol.

I like Sapp though, great guy and hooked me and my buddy up BIG TIME in Vegas earlier this year. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#54 : December 26, 2007, 11:04:08 AM

so WHY? after UF discovered Mo Collins had received money from an agent at the Fiesta bowl didn't they discover all those other more desirable upperclassman weren't also on agents payrolls? 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Bush? Should USC get in trouble? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools