Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 starting QB will be: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

alldaway

Hall of Famer
: December 04, 2006, 08:53:21 PM

I can see it as a real possibility.

#1 : December 04, 2006, 08:54:19 PM

I remember Garcia's dad said he was coming here a few years back

IanD15

Rookie

#2 : December 04, 2006, 08:54:40 PM

Please no

#3 : December 04, 2006, 08:51:57 PM

better than Plummer man...

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2006, 08:52:35 PM

Why doesn't Gruden ditch the west coast and make use of simms skills??

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

#5 : December 05, 2006, 11:04:56 AM

grad kowski is playing at the same level simms was last year? is that some sort of a joke

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 05, 2006, 01:57:24 AM

Seriously though, if the Bucs sign Garcia, I will be slightly perturbed at how they spend money.

I want to see the Bucs win a superbowl.  Not just win a few games here and there, even after this pathetic, lousy season.

No Garcia.  Dear God, NO!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2006, 01:30:55 AM

Last I looked Joey has gotten a decent amount of balls thrown to him and more than a few
have been deep. Grads hit some but missed most. A QB with some game experience under
his belt and familiarity with the WCO (Garcia or others) can get the ball to Joey in the WCO.
It's not only short passes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 05, 2006, 01:33:10 AM

Last I looked Joey has gotten a decent amount of balls thrown to him and more than a few
have been deep. Grads hit some but missed most. A QB with some game experience under
his belt and familiarity with the WCO (Garcia or others) can get the ball to Joey in the WCO.
It's not only short passes.
Joey is about the only big-play threat they have, and he is ancient by WR standards.  I think he has preserved his youth by not getting married...LMAO!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 05, 2006, 01:29:12 AM

I think everything is up for grabs.  His system sucks, his o-line sucks, his qb sucks.  Joey is so old he has to SLOW down & wait for Grads to find him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 05, 2006, 01:27:38 AM

The WCO has its big advantages, but it doesn't start and end with the QB.  It is a team concept.  You HAVE to have playmakers, and quickness.  The wideouts we posess are slow and lumbering.  ASide from Joey, there is not much to see here.

Plus, Caddy is a stone handed roommate of Claytons....damnit.

It also is not good to run a WCO when the schemes are all max protect with 2 TEs that are there to block.  And one of them can't catch worth a lick (Becht), and cannot make anything happen with the ball.

I can see Gruden trying to draft a Dudley type TE (Smith), because Duds was quick, and could get some extra turf with some quicks....

This offense the Bucs are trying to run is not good because the people Gruden is trying to use.  It is a well designed scheme in all reality, but c'mon.  The players cannot accomodate it.

It is using Motel 6 players in a Hilton hotel.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : December 05, 2006, 01:40:02 AM

No, I think we need to build SOME KIND of offense. Ours sucks & I'm sick of hearing about who does or does not fit the god forsaken wco. It's not freaking rocket science--it's football!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 05, 2006, 01:24:22 AM

In case you haven't noticed--WCO is some kind of holy football thing. I don't get it either. Why do you have Galloway if nobody's goinf to hit him down field. You can't expect to hit him for 5 yd passes & get creamed by safeties. Adjust the freaking scheme to fit the players.

We don't have the O-line to play 5 and 7 step drops.  Galloway is getting older and slower now, not straigh line but he struggles with changes of direction.  Gruden runs a WCO, and that isn't going change:

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." ~ 
Maya Angelou 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2006, 01:16:13 AM

I am thinking SMith is still going to have some nice years ahead of him,.

i am sure he has, but the first couple might be painful to watch.  We also have the problem of where to draft him?  I think Baltimore will take him at the end of the first round if he is on the board, so how do the Buccs get him.  ???  If we are going QB in the first Quinn and Russel are both better prospects.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : December 05, 2006, 01:19:27 AM

In case you haven't noticed--WCO is some kind of holy football thing. I don't get it either. Why do you have Galloway if nobody's goinf to hit him down field. You can't expect to hit him for 5 yd passes & get creamed by safeties. Adjust the freaking scheme to fit the players.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 starting QB will be: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools