Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 starting QB will be: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 05, 2006, 01:34:29 AM

His system sucks? No, the system works well with the right players. You can say that the
system sucks for this team at this moment. But the system does not suck.
System is capable of being the best in the NFL (see the Raiders).  The players are not capable of running it.

When you run max protect, have stone handed #2 WRs, and stone handed running backs, it doesn't help at all.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 05, 2006, 01:35:24 AM

His system sucks? No, the system works well with the right players. You can say that the

Karen seems to think we can build the franchise around Simms, a QB that has never sustained consistent progression his entire college and NFL career.  Defenses had his number this year and he needs a complete change of scenery, and an O-line to succeed.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 05, 2006, 01:32:25 AM

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 05, 2006, 01:32:32 AM

I think everything is up for grabs.  His system sucks, his o-line sucks, his qb sucks.  Joey is so old he has to SLOW down & wait for Grads to find him.

Joey has two re-constructed knees and doesn't train anymore, we can't build anything around him.  He has an history of injuries and his next will probably end his career.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 05, 2006, 01:12:01 AM

Health is fleeting.  And at 37, I suspect with him getting pounded on behind the Bucs current O-line, he will not be making it an entire season. 

Who better?  Who knows.  But this whole who runs a WCO thing is disturbing to me.  I have yet to see anything to tell me a bandaid stop gapper is going to be able to conjure some points for the Bucs. 

Yopu get the best QB, and you use your football mind to adjust, to make adjustments and tweak, be original.

This no shotgun thing speaks of bullheadedness, this whole short routes speaks of foolishness given the playmaking skills of #2, and #3 wideouts, and the apparent lack of skill by all the TE's.  I am thinking SMith is still going to have some nice years ahead of him, but things have to change.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 05, 2006, 01:01:29 AM

Trust me, at 37, Gruden will not be dreaming of this guy.

I know he likes journeymen, but he can't possibly let the Gannon-into-an-MVP thing cloud his judgment that much.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 05, 2006, 01:04:05 AM

Trust me, at 37, Gruden will not be dreaming of this guy.

I know he likes journeymen, but he can't possibly let the Gannon-into-an-MVP thing cloud his judgment that much.

He is a very healthy 37 with only eight years NFL milage on the clock.  Please name a better veteran back-up to run the WCO and potentially start for a year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 05, 2006, 12:59:33 AM

What do you mean Garcia agreed to terms 3 yrs ago? Why isn't he here?

he changed his mind.  His dad leaked it to the media he was signing with the Buccs and then he went elsewhere, money talks.  I think it was a four or five year $25 million deal if the reports were accurate.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 05, 2006, 12:57:45 AM

Who better?

Troy Smith.  A rookie with more upside.  More legs.  More playmaking.  More youth.

I could see them drafting Smith in the 2nd round, but he isn't worth an high first round pick.  He would still need to hold a clipboard for a season like Campbell did in Washington.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 05, 2006, 12:48:37 AM

Please no Garcia.  But if the Bucs offer him money, I can see Derrick Deese, Todd Steussie, Charlie Garner references being made left and right.  Don't waste the jack on this guy.

Granted he has a nice game once in a great while, he is old, will be working with no O-line (and he is short, so he won't make good throws behind piss poor pass blocking), and will not be a man to save Grudens job next year.  You all honestly think an older GArcia will be the man next year?  He is a backup at this point.

And to say he might be starter material makes me think "We can't be that damned desperate can we?"

I am as impatient as the next guy about my team (or I would like to think), but this quick "fix" is equivalent to a sugar buzz.  It will be gone soon enough.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : December 05, 2006, 12:45:41 AM

The question is--how?? Not sure I want to know.  I know it's shaved--which means you chose to look like that.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 05, 2006, 12:47:38 AM

The question is--how?? Not sure I want to know.  I know it's shaved--which means you chose to look like that.

i haven't had anything longer than a number two since I was 19 years old, and usually it is number one.  Never gone mirrored and buffed, but I have never felt the need to grow it either.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 05, 2006, 12:45:00 AM

Well, Jeff Garcia IS ugly & bald! ;)

LMAO..... but he gets the girls!!!

he looks better shaved, or bald as Karen likes to call it.

#28 : December 05, 2006, 12:42:58 AM

Well, Jeff Garcia IS ugly & bald! ;)

LMAO..... but he gets the girls!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 05, 2006, 12:53:32 AM

Please no Garcia.  But if the Bucs offer him money, I can see Derrick Deese, Todd Steussie, Charlie Garner references being made left and right.  Don't waste the jack on this guy.

Granted he has a nice game once in a great while, he is old, will be working with no O-line (and he is short, so he won't make good throws behind piss poor pass blocking), and will not be a man to save Grudens job next year.  You all honestly think an older GArcia will be the man next year?  He is a backup at this point.

And to say he might be starter material makes me think "We can't be that damned desperate can we?"

I am as impatient as the next guy about my team (or I would like to think), but this quick "fix" is equivalent to a sugar buzz.  It will be gone soon enough.

Name a better option to run the WCO for a year? 

Garcia agreed terms on a multi-year deal in Tampa about three years ago, so Gruden likes him.  If he finishes the season playing anything like tonight he will definitely be on their shopping list.

Who better?

Troy Smith.  A rookie with more upside.  More legs.  More playmaking.  More youth.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 starting QB will be: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools