Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A great day to be a Bucs fan! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 08, 2006, 04:33:37 PM

I have to tell you, I feel great today. I would have felt even better with a victory, but having realized some time ago that Simms wasn't the QB we need to run this offense efficiently sort of left me with very little hope for success in the long term. I held my doom-thinking in. I tried to believe that Simms would, at some point, come around. Now, for the first time in quite a while, I really have a lot of hope for the future of this offense.

I told you before that having a quick-witted, mobile QB would change the offense and positively affect the running game. I told you that this offense would look better today under Grads than it did at any point under Simms so far this year.

It feels good to have hope again. We could have notched a victory today had the defense done a better job of tackling.

Oh, and did anybody keep track of the number of batted down passes today?

Go Bucs. Go Grads.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 04:34:53 PM

Go Bucs.
Go Grads.

Suck it defense

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#2 : October 08, 2006, 04:35:52 PM

I agree. I liked what I saw out of Grads, I critisized the pick in April but now it's looking pretty damn good.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 08, 2006, 04:36:07 PM

batted passes = 0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2006, 04:36:55 PM

batted passes = 0

Imagine that. Damn you, offensive line! Why did you allow so many of Simms' passes to get batted down, but did such a better job for Gradkowski?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 08, 2006, 04:37:36 PM

It is something to build on.  That is for sure!  Gradkowski will only improve with time.  Trueblood made some mistakes but for the most part he did not look as bad as he did in the last two pre season games.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 04:38:42 PM

By the way, for those in the contest, the Grads QB rating for this game is 107.6.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2006, 04:39:11 PM

I have to tell you, I feel great today. I would have felt even better with a victory, but having realized some time ago that Simms wasn't the QB we need to run this offense efficiently sort of left me with very little hope for success in the long term. I held my doom-thinking in. I tried to believe that Simms would, at some point, come around. Now, for the first time in quite a while, I really have a lot of hope for the future of this offense.

I told you before that having a quick-witted, mobile QB would change the offense and positively affect the running game. I told you that this offense would look better today under Grads than it did at any point under Simms so far this year.

It feels good to have hope again. We could have notched a victory today had the defense done a better job of tackling.

Oh, and did anybody keep track of the number of batted down passes today?

Go Bucs. Go Grads.

Totally agree, I feel pretty upbeat considering we lost.  He's gonna build and get smarter every week.  Way too early to say it with certainty but we may have finally found our QB

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2006, 04:41:58 PM

Of course it's way too early to make this delcaration, but you know how I've felt about the potential Grads brings to this offence. I think we're looking at the future, fellas.

Goober

Second String

#9 : October 08, 2006, 04:48:24 PM

Sorry, but it's NEVER a good day when you lose.

I'm liking Grads, though.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2006, 05:00:02 PM

lets wait till next week to see what happens before we say "I told you so"

A full game of tape on a play could change everything.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2006, 05:09:07 PM

Right on 55. When defenses have a chance to see Bruce on film and game plan for him. Things could be very different. It's all a matter of adjustments so we'll see next week.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 08, 2006, 05:40:57 PM

I feel the optimism! Grads has got "it"! LOVE his speed, quick release and the fact that he can let go of a bad play immediately.
This offense has GREAT potential to be a top ten soon. The defense is in trouble without any pass rush.
We'll fix that this offseason..........

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 05:41:36 PM

lets wait till next week to see what happens before we say "I told you so"

A full game of tape on a play could change everything.

yup, good point.

replica

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 08, 2006, 05:45:50 PM

Horrible loss, but something to look forward to.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A great day to be a Bucs fan! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools