Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Chucky4mayor

Starter

: December 26, 2007, 11:50:17 PM

who do we cut/trade next year if we look for a premier wr in free agency or in the draft?   i don't see galloway or hilliard leaving after the years they are having.  clayton although is a 1st round bust, is still an asset to our team and i dont really see him getting cut.  stovall is sort of following clayton's mold...paris warren will be back, spurlock should be back?

that's 6 wr's right there...not enough room to sign another unless we let 1 go.  I think Hilliard has been a suprise, if he can go 1 more year im sure he will try for it.  Stovall im not so sure he does enough to hold a wr spot.  id really like to see paris warren on sundays.

your thoughts?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2007, 11:57:00 PM

Clayton has come on late, still think Gruden keeps him. Stovall  is still young, I will give him another year, but god damnit, Marques Colston is producing, 7th round pick, and Stovall is nowhere to be found on the stat sheet,3rd round pick.
I think we still take Malcolm Kelly or DeSean Jackson in the first round and then trade one of the young guys for a later pick. Stovall for a 4th maybe.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 26, 2007, 11:57:55 PM

IMO Stovall is 50/50

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 27, 2007, 12:37:57 AM

It's time to make a serious move for a BIG TIME wide receiver in free agency no matter what the cost!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 27, 2007, 12:38:33 AM

It's time to make a serious move for a BIG TIME wide receiver in free agency no matter what the cost!

Yeah no matter the cost 100 mil who cares, screw cost

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 27, 2007, 12:41:30 AM

Actually I was thinking more of a 10 year deal worth 120 million Oregon.  ;D

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2007, 01:02:03 AM

Clayton is toast, IMO.  Stovall will get another year.  Warren and Spurlock will have to earn spots.  I imagine we will see the FO aggressively address WR/TE in this offseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 27, 2007, 01:28:40 AM

My bet is Bernard Berrian.

I am calling it now...Berrian the Buc.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 27, 2007, 01:31:04 AM

Bernard the Burner Berrian in a Buc Uni.. I love it

and boid your guesses are usually right, Im thinking this one will come thru  ;D

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2007, 01:34:51 AM

1. Joey Galloway
2. Free Agent Veteran Signee- Dante Stallworth, Jerry Porter, or Isaac Bruce. 
3. Ike Hilliard
4. Michael Clayton
5. Maurice Stovall
6. Michael Spurlock

They will keep an extra WR, and one less QB.

As for Paris Warren, he would have been cut if not for I.R.  Even Gruden slipped up in a press conference, after one of the games, and said he would catch on somewhere...then quickly added IF NOT FOR ME....

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 27, 2007, 01:55:39 AM

what about Mark jones over spurlock?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 27, 2007, 02:12:50 AM

what about Mark jones over spurlock?

actually that is still a possibility...

Many people are all over Spurlocks jock strap now that he finally accomplished the unthinkable and returned a kick off for this franchise...but you can bet that he will have competition in training camp and pre-season to earn that role..

Gruden loves competition and 1 kick return isn't going to secure the guy a job.  But if your asking who would I rather have between Mark Jones and Spurlock, I'll go with Spurlock...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 27, 2007, 02:45:07 AM

I think Hilliard has been a suprise, if he can go 1 more year im sure he will try for it.

Ike is five years younger than Joey, so I am sure he has a few years left in the tank.  His form is no surprise, he has been a good WR his entire career.  The knock on Joey and Ike when they arrived in Tampa was their injury records but major injuries aside both have been fairly durable throughout their careers.  Ike hasn't missed a game in the last four seasons, and Joey is one game away from playing all 16 three years in a row. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 27, 2007, 02:51:56 AM

Another question could be:  Will the Bucs keep Cato June?

I know it was a 3 year deal, but My understanding it was basically a deal that would have to be revisted after 1 year.  Cato is having an "Ian Gold" type year, which he is playing good, but not standing out.  I personally like Cato and hope they keep him, but many thought Gold would stick around too, but he was a suprise cut in 05.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 27, 2007, 05:51:19 AM

Clayton is toast, IMO. Stovall will get another year. Warren and Spurlock will have to earn spots. I imagine we will see the FO aggressively address WR/TE in this offseason.

I disagree, Clayton may have had a loonnngg slump but he has shown that he may be leaving the slump. Stovall just hasnt proven anything

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools