Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 27, 2007, 08:31:39 AM

Clayton has come on late, still think Gruden keeps him. Stovall is still young, I will give him another year, but god damnit, Marques Colston is producing, 7th round pick, and Stovall is nowhere to be found on the stat sheet,3rd round pick.
Did anyone else notice the Falcons' 3rd round rookie Laurent Robinson had 121 yards receiving on Sunday? That's more yards in one game then Stovall has had in either of his SEASONS.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 27, 2007, 08:35:00 AM

I think that Gruden will get his kick a$$ center this year, then focus at the WR position. My guess would be through free agency. Joey, Ike and Stoval are safe. After that, school's out.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

thanson

Starter

#17 : December 27, 2007, 08:54:40 AM

I heard a rumor that Joey was on the trading block. This coming from a friend of grudens. (It is actually grudens old wr from highschool in south bend)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 27, 2007, 09:07:51 AM

I heard a rumor that Joey was on the trading block. This coming from a friend of grudens. (It is actually grudens old wr from highschool in south bend)

Yeah right, what could you get for a vet like him? Nothing, hes worse more then you can get

gharen

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 27, 2007, 10:15:45 AM

Don't discount Stovalls value on special teams, he has quickly become one of the best in the league. Remember, Hines Ward spent his first few seasons as strictly a ST's guy and I believe he was a 3rd rounder also.

thanson

Starter

#20 : December 27, 2007, 10:16:24 AM

I was just telling you what was said in the conversation

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#21 : December 27, 2007, 10:22:12 AM

that would be an interesting move...probably a good one for the Bucs future unless we think we can win a SB with Garcia/Galloway before they retire(which i think is possible if we add some more key components).  If Jacksonville offered us a 2nd for Galloway do we turn that down?  tough one if you ask me.

i love the guy and think he could definitely help bring us our 2nd SuperBowl, but reality does say that he is 1 serious injury away from retirement.

thanson

Starter

#22 : December 27, 2007, 02:53:14 PM

Since he did not make the probowl, his salary is alot less next year also making him tradebate. I liek the guy as well, but this is a business. I did not agree with the Sapp or Lynch move but it was for the better of the team.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 27, 2007, 04:50:27 PM

Galloway is what, 36 years old.  The man is still a beast.

I doubt the Bucs would even want to trade him considering hes their home run guy, but yeah if the Jags or somebody offered us a 2nd for him, then you take the deal.  The Problem is, the Jags would rather much offer a 2nd or two for a guy like Fitzgerald, who is about 12 years younger.

Galloway will retire a buc.

Howler57

Starter

#24 : December 27, 2007, 04:53:39 PM

i would be willing to say that Jerry Porter ends up here or the bucs are mentioned as a serious play for him in the market ...jmho

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 27, 2007, 04:57:00 PM

guys it's quite simple....

1. We trade Joey Galloway to Jacksonville for a 2nd round pick.
2. We trade both 2nd round picks to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald
3. We trade Brian Kelly, Michael Clayton, and Ike Hilliard to Detroit for a 2nd round pick.
4. We trade DET 2nd round pick,3rd round pick,  Chris Simms, and Antony Becht to Cincinatti for Chad Johnson.

It's that simple....Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Maurice Stovall, David Boston(again), and Michael Spurlock

Howler57

Starter

#26 : December 27, 2007, 04:58:58 PM

Bing..i hear ya!! and then that  deal list  should have the tag line ....and then I stepped away from the madden game!!!...........LOL......howler57

JC510

Practice Squad

#27 : December 27, 2007, 05:53:47 PM

Lee Evans and Roy Williams are UFA after 2008.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 27, 2007, 06:00:11 PM

Clayton has come on late, still think Gruden keeps him. Stovall is still young, I will give him another year, but god damnit, Marques Colston is producing, 7th round pick, and Stovall is nowhere to be found on the stat sheet,3rd round pick.
Did anyone else notice the Falcons' 3rd round rookie Laurent Robinson had 121 yards receiving on Sunday? That's more yards in one game then Stovall has had in either of his SEASONS.
Yes. Laurent Robinson looks pretty good, he was/is being pimped by alot of Falcon fans before the season started. Stovall never showed anything in college but height and leaping ability, poor talent evaluation IMO

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 27, 2007, 07:42:27 PM

Pick up Berrain thru FA and draft a WR in rounds 2-5.  There are alot of good recievers out there this year.  Harry Douglas, Donnie Avery, Lavell Hawkins and DJ Hall, who I really like, are all speed guys who might get in rounds 2 or later.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools