Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 27, 2007, 08:54:52 PM

Gruden never gives Stovall any looks in the games which is why he hasn't produced much at all. Gruden seems to be to insistent on Galloway and Hilliard on virtually every pass, with Clayton sprinkled in now and again with the TE's, FB and RB's get a few passes their way. I really don't understand why Gruden has zero trust in Stovall, whenever he's been thrown to this year hes caught the ball and made a play. I hope he gets more of a shot next year.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 27, 2007, 09:03:00 PM

Keep em all.  Screw the high profile WR.  They are all a bunch of prima donnas.  Ask mehow I really feel.  lol  I don't want to give up anyone until we see Paris Warren and Spurlock in TC.  And I mean at the end of TC and in preseason games.  If Paris comes back the way he left, god willing, our problems are solved...then see what Spurlock, Stovall are made of.

But if Joey, Ike and Clayton are in form and Paris is in form...How many  WRs do you keep when TEs are good too.  We have Stevens, Smith ...any other TEs?  I know I'm missing someone...just curious.  How many receivers do we need given that they are all broken by game 10....not so funny, but almost true.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 27, 2007, 09:11:37 PM

Gruden never gives Stovall any looks in the games which is why he hasn't produced much at all. Gruden seems to be to insistent on Galloway and Hilliard on virtually every pass, with Clayton sprinkled in now and again with the TE's, FB and RB's get a few passes their way. I really don't understand why Gruden has zero trust in Stovall, whenever he's been thrown to this year hes caught the ball and made a play. I hope he gets more of a shot next year.
The QBs have to see something they want to throw to.  It isn't always on Gruden.  Maybe Stovall is not getting open all that much?

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#33 : December 27, 2007, 09:19:05 PM

you think so?  id give up a 2nd for Chad or Housh in a heartbeat. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 27, 2007, 09:38:31 PM

The Bucs offense gives pretty decent leeway to the QB. I'd imagine Garcia knows what to do with the ball on a given play better than anyone we've seen pilot the Bucs under Gruden.  There've been a few plays in which the play has broken down and I've seen Stovall basically standing there rather than moving into space.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 27, 2007, 09:41:57 PM

Keep em all.  Screw the high profile WR.  They are all a bunch of prima donnas.  Ask mehow I really feel.  lol  I don't want to give up anyone until we see Paris Warren and Spurlock in TC.  And I mean at the end of TC and in preseason games.  If Paris comes back the way he left, god willing, our problems are solved...then see what Spurlock, Stovall are made of.

But if Joey, Ike and Clayton are in form and Paris is in form...How many  WRs do you keep when TEs are good too.  We have Stevens, Smith ...any other TEs?  I know I'm missing someone...just curious.  How many receivers do we need given that they are all broken by game 10....not so funny, but almost true.

I think it's possible the Bucs sign a TE and two WR's during the off season. We don't know what Warren is even capable of....it's not like he's a known commodity. Ike's been pretty good for the Bucs but a guy with a little more quicks might help also. Clayton hasn't done much. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Joey traded. If not...how does Galloway and Berrian sound?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

rpp224

Starter

#36 : December 27, 2007, 11:24:24 PM

The main locks from our current WR's for next year should be Galloway and Hilliard because they have had the most consistent production throughout this season. Hopefully, Bucs can land a young stud that can produce for years to come and let the rest battle it out in camp next year.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 27, 2007, 11:43:10 PM

There have been several players this year talk about "earning Gruden's trust"...Stevens, Bennett, Stovall all come to mind so I think there is something to what you say here...there are primary options on every play, but Garcia does have some input on that many times before the snap...

bucs1

Practice Squad
#38 : December 28, 2007, 01:13:01 AM

Chad Johnson or T.J. Houshmandzadeh can be aquired for a second round pick. I think that would be a good deal.

if we could get them for only a 2nd id love that but do u think a 2nd is all it would take to land one of them?

According to the rumors I've heard, a second round pick is the asking price for both of those receivers.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 28, 2007, 01:22:09 AM

Galloway plays one more year here and then retires after that.............as a Buccaneer.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#40 : December 28, 2007, 03:35:03 AM

Chad Johnson or T.J. Houshmandzadeh can be aquired for a second round pick. I think that would be a good deal.

not a chance the bengals deal either for a second round pick.

Wes Welker and Chris Chambers are second pick material not Ocho cinco and Whoisyourmomma

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#41 : December 28, 2007, 08:54:00 AM

to even put Housh and Johsnon in the same category is kinda ridiculous.  That's like saying Joey and Ike are equal value.  You can look at the stats and see that Ike has more catches but most of those are because the safety is cheating on Joey's side.  Chad Johnson is an elite WR and TJ is just an above average WR. 

I think I'd give up a 1st for Chad Johnson...a 29yr old immediate impact to the team, no need to wait out and see if he's a bust....we'd gain an elite WR right away.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 28, 2007, 09:07:49 AM

WR,QB,C & DT are top priorities this off season.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Sluggo_Seam

Practice Squad

#43 : December 28, 2007, 09:26:38 AM

Do we not have enough TE's on our depth chart? Why would we need  ANOTHER TE? Wehave Smith, Stevens and Becht...they all have roles that fit this offense.

thanson

Starter

#44 : December 28, 2007, 09:51:28 AM

I think we have a good center in Dan B. Big, Smart and Quick

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which WR gets cut/traded next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools