Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Newsflash: Rice Untradeable! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: November 23, 2006, 02:00:25 PM

You might be right.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : November 23, 2006, 01:44:42 PM

What makes you so sure? I have been one of the biggest Rice haters for the last 2-3 years, but the fact is most people who dont watch him play every week still view him as one of the top 3 pass rushers in the NFL. His stats show it. Most people consider him good for 10+ sacks per year when he's healthy. There are a bunch of teams with horrible pass rush who will throw a 3rd rounder for him and I wouldnt be surprised if we got a 2nd rounder.

if he had a double digit sack year this year....then maybe a 2nd rounder, but i still doubt it, very highly, he is injured ,has highly salary numbers, if we can trade him we will be lucky, but if we did we couldnt get anything better than a 4th for him

#2 : November 23, 2006, 11:15:27 AM

What makes you so sure? I have been one of the biggest Rice haters for the last 2-3 years, but the fact is most people who dont watch him play every week still view him as one of the top 3 pass rushers in the NFL. His stats show it. Most people consider him good for 10+ sacks per year when he's healthy. There are a bunch of teams with horrible pass rush who will throw a 3rd rounder for him and I wouldnt be surprised if we got a 2nd rounder.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 23, 2006, 10:57:14 AM

Rice is worth exactly what someone will pay to get him. If there are no takers, he may go the way of Sapp and just hit the open market because I don't see him here next year. Time to bite the bullet on defense and put some youth in there and use the cap money to bring in a younger version of a premier pass rusher.
Exactly. But is he worth $7.25 mil to anybody? Its not like a team is going to want to hook him up with a long term deal.  He may have one year left, and he will be spending that time trying to pile up his career sack total at the expense of whatever else he is supposed to do. 

Yes he will be somewhere, but not by trade. The Bucs will cut him.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 23, 2006, 10:46:51 AM

Rice is worth exactly what someone will pay to get him. If there are no takers, he may go the way of Sapp and just hit the open market because I don't see him here next year. Time to bite the bullet on defense and put some youth in there and use the cap money to bring in a younger version of a premier pass rusher.

#5 : November 23, 2006, 10:38:45 AM

Disagree Itchalot? Guy has put up crazy sack numbers. People will put this season aside and creidt it to abdomin and shoulder injuries, whcih is good for us because in reality the injuries had nothing to do with it. He will be tradable. Now with the injury I believe he is even more tradable. This sorry ass season was going ot hurt his stock, but the injury will help. Premier pass rushers are at a premium and the majority of the league still considers him a premier pass rusher.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : November 23, 2006, 02:28:46 AM

i think a team desperate enough could, but we are definetely not getting a 2nd rounder for him like some predicted, i think at most we could get a 4th, probably 5th

or a box of Wheat Thins

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 22, 2006, 05:31:52 PM

Lets get this out of the way right now.

NO ONE WILL TRADE FOR RICE!

He has a 7+ million dollar contract for next year. Nobody will want to pay that. Not the Bucs. Not anybody.   

Whoever trades for Rice will have to pay that money.  Nobody will do that.

So can we forego the "What can we get for Rice?" and "Trade Rice for a draft pick." threads? 

Rice will be cut. Period. End of story.

We get no pick for rice. We get nothing for Rice. No soup for you.

Clear?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 22, 2006, 05:37:43 PM

Lots of teams would trade for Rice pending contract renegotiation.  Happens all the time.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 22, 2006, 05:44:00 PM

If his shoulder needs surgery no one will trade for him.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 22, 2006, 05:50:17 PM

No one will trade for an deactivated Keyshawn.....

No one will trade for a malcontent like Keenan.....

No one will trade for an underachieving Booger....

Oh wait.....   :D

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 22, 2006, 05:57:24 PM

Rice won't have any of that. He will not go into a camp without a new deal, when the old one is obselete.  Would you?  "Hey Rice we want you to go out there and bust your butt on the two a days and then at the end of it we will cut you unless you redo your deal."  

Rice isn't going to play that game.  

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 22, 2006, 05:59:14 PM

I never said anything about those other guys.  This is about the contract, not the player.

The team had the control in the Keenan situation, because his contract sucked. He had no choice but to deal with that team.  Booger is still playing under his current deal.  With KJ the base pay wasnt too bad. It was the cap hit from the signing bonus that the Bucs had to eat.  Rice has the base pay of 7.25 mil that any new team would have to pay.  Rice knows he will just be cut and forced to renegotiate. Therefore he won't even practice one down for another team without a new deal.  And therefore no team will trade even a 7th round pick for him.

bucshot420

Starter

#13 : November 22, 2006, 06:19:08 PM

i definately think something is on the horizon in the offseason be it either trying to trade for him or cut him outright.  While I think think the former is a stretch you never know we will just have to see what happens.  Maybe baby Mckay will trade away a first for Rice to bookend with Abraham: that was a joke incase anyone missed it: but on a serious note I think the team wants to see what White can do in his abcense and if he plays well unload Rice for whatever we can get for him or save by cutting him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 22, 2006, 06:22:01 PM

He'll renegotiate and be somewhere else next year.  I'd bet on it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Newsflash: Rice Untradeable! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools