Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski rated 107.6 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 08, 2006, 05:00:43 PM

The kid really showed me something. I still like Simms and I still think he's going to be a good QB, but if Gradkowski can continue to put up numbers even close to what he did today, then we have our QB of the future.

He wasn't perfect. He took a sack when he should have thrown it away. He underthrew Galloway and the pass should have been picked. A couple of times he was too quick to throw the ball away. Also, his fumble really hurt us, but that was as much the lines fault if not more so than it was his.

With all that being said, he was able to check down and find his secondary receivers. He moved around the pocket and was very accurate. He also got rid of the ball really quickly. I also love his attitude. He is a very confident and firey guy. I can see why the players love to play with him.

I know most likely he will regress and have some bad times, but if he can continue to play even close to this level, then the Bucs have their QB of the future.

We are probably going to have a top 5 pick next year. Not because we are that bad, but because our schedule is so hard. With that pick I want us to take the best offensive lineman, defensive lineman, or LB available. I think our first 3 picks need to be in those areas. We really need to start rebuilding our defense and develop the O-line. With our skilled players and a better O-line, we will be fine on offense. We need at least 2 D-Lineman, at least 1 LB, a safety and depth at CB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 08, 2006, 05:08:59 PM

52 yards = short?

Take out the YAC..

Galloway had to STOP for some of the passes.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 08, 2006, 05:28:10 PM

He had one long one to Galloway that was not short.  The last pass was short and late.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 08, 2006, 05:32:08 PM

Wonderful play for a first outing by Grads! Anyone who can't see that he's a fit here is nuts. LOVE the way he gets rid of the ball and leads the team.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 08, 2006, 05:42:55 PM

Were there any batted passes today?

no, nada, zero

Max Power

Starter

#20 : October 08, 2006, 05:45:54 PM

no, nada, zero

Abucfans thread for keeping count of Gads batted passes is gone too. Guess it wasnt the oline.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 08, 2006, 05:48:30 PM

I posted this in another thread:

Grads was great.  Made some rookie mistakes, but that's to be expected.  I really liked his quick decision making, although there were a few times that I thought he should have waited a few more secs to let the play develop.  Also, I attribute a lot of his success to Gruden finally addtressing the playbook/playcalling i.e. leaning on Caddy, no mmore 3-step drop passes to the sidelines, etc.  Too bad he didn't address this until 1/4 way thru the season.

For those looking for batted balls, I think you will find the change in playcalling contributed as much or more than the change in QB

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 08, 2006, 05:50:48 PM

What I liked about those him is that he isn't someone who'll just look and run. He'll actaully go through progressions and look for the open guy. Gotta love the guy's decisiveness as well.

Also, was it just me or did the team run alot more of 3 WR sets today.

drywallbuc

Starter

#23 : October 08, 2006, 07:01:04 PM

beginners luck(hopefully not), but it looked like a couple of those plays were shoddy at best. hopefully he shines the rest of the year, even caddi looked as though he wanted to be baller today.  cross your fingers.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 08, 2006, 09:34:10 PM

Good Game.  All the youngsters played well today ... looks hopefull.  Grad looks to be a good fit for our offensive scheme.  Missing from all the talk tonight is how well I thought Trueblood did today.  While he struggled a times,  he held up pretty good.  I just don't want to suffer next season watching us rebuild the Defense like we've been watching us slowly build the offense.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski rated 107.6 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools