Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Gruden is done in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: November 23, 2006, 07:21:46 PM

I know it's close to a terrible drubbing but to me it just feels like Gruden is done in Tampa.

I don't think he has the patience to survive this losing and if there's any way for him to jump to another gig he'll take it.  I don't know what the scenario is that would allow him to get out of his deal but if this keeps up he will be fired.

He honestly thought Gradkowski could be the real deal for his offense but after his misses in the first half he really chewed him out.  Perhaps now the rose colored glasses are off and he realizes Grads physical limitations will cripple his ability to be an NFL starter for his club.

What's the alternative?  He can't draft a QB high in Rd. 1 and expect them to do well next year.  What FA's are out there that fit his offense well?  Simms is not the answer.

If Grads has hit a wall Gruden is done in Tampa.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 23, 2006, 07:27:29 PM

The Glazer's are in a tuff spot with Gruden.  They sold the family silver to get him and it won them a SB, but ever since the franchise has been in terminal decline.  We are now at a cross roads with a full set of draft picks and a stack load of money for FA.

If the Glazers have any doubts about JG now would be the time to pull the trigger.  The majority of the fans in Tampa would give a damn if they fired him anyway.  They are ruthless businessmen, and they might just shock everyone and pull that trigger before FA.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 23, 2006, 07:28:41 PM

If Gruden is fired, I don't expect Grads to be starting next year.   So maybe that would be a good thing.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 23, 2006, 07:31:56 PM

I still think Gruden is a great coach on the x's and o's but I don't think he has the temperament to handle the down cycles.  In his case, he was handed a terrible down cycle with the dearth of draft picks and the cap hell from the McKay era.  he then compounded it with some terrible FA signings in 2004.

Now the defense has to completely reload and the offense is a WIP.   He's the type of coach that is great when he has the pieces in place to succeed.  I'm not sure he's good at building a foundation because he is seriously impatient.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 23, 2006, 07:33:09 PM

I still think Gruden is a great coach on the x's and o's but I don't think he has the temperament to handle the down cycles.  In his case, he was handed a terrible down cycle with the dearth of draft picks and the cap hell from the McKay era.  he then compounded it with some terrible FA signings in 2004.

Now the defense has to completely reload and the offense is a WIP.   He's the type of coach that is great when he has the pieces in place to succeed.  I'm not sure he's good at building a foundation because he is seriously impatient.
Sounds more like you lack patience than Gruden.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : November 23, 2006, 07:33:45 PM

I wish at the PC he would just say "We suck, that's it."

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 23, 2006, 07:34:54 PM

I just listened to his PC.   I was a little surprised when he said it was Karen's fault they lost.   

PoundThaRock

Rookie

#7 : November 23, 2006, 07:37:42 PM

I just listened to his PC.   I was a little surprised when he said it was Karen's fault they lost.   

dammit karen! =p

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : November 23, 2006, 07:39:15 PM

HAHAHA! They stink!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 23, 2006, 08:13:10 PM

I don't get you guys. We have been out of it for many weeks now. Here's a hint: We are going to suck next week too.  You act like there is a huge difference between 4-12 and 6-10 or 7-9.  Any way you shake it we are not in the playoffs.  Yet this is the week you are finally fed up with Gruden?  Why?  Whats the difference between this week and last week or last month?

This "Thats it I've finally had it." attitude, well I just don't get it.  You know this team isn't going to get any better this year.  Gruden is doing what he can but what do you want him to do at this point? he's not going to pull a magic rabbit out of his hat and beat the Cowboys with a decimated defense and a greenhorn offense? We suck. So get over it. Stop acting like you don't have a long term memory and every week turning up here and saying "Thats it I've finally had it fire Gruden!" Just relax on the Gruden thing. Its getting old.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 23, 2006, 08:16:18 PM

I'm not fed up with Gruden but there is a big difference in perception between 4-12 or 6-10 or 7-9.  Losing become an attitude, a dominant force.  That can be tough to shake. 

My point is that Gruden HATES losing and sometimes there's no way around it given the unique conditions he has inherited in Tampa. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 23, 2006, 08:20:34 PM

Even the announcers today commented that they are not impressed with the Bucs but they are impressed with how Gruden is keeping the team together during the hard times. This is an accurate assessment. The fact is that considering how much our teams suck, the players are taking the high road. They aren't bellyaching to the press. They aren't fingerpointing. They aren't hanging their heads. They just plain suck, and that will be true for the rest of the year.  So get over it!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : November 23, 2006, 08:22:20 PM

Even the announcers today commented that they are not impressed with the Bucs but they are impressed with how Gruden is keeping the team together during the hard times. This is an accurate assessment. The fact is that considering how much our teams suck, the players are taking the high road. They aren't bellyaching to the press. They aren't fingerpointing. They aren't hanging their heads. They just plain suck, and that will be true for the rest of the year. So get over it!
    YET....

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 23, 2006, 08:23:52 PM

I still think Gruden is a great coach on the x's and o's but I don't think he has the temperament to handle the down cycles. In his case, he was handed a terrible down cycle with the dearth of draft picks and the cap hell from the McKay era. he then compounded it with some terrible FA signings in 2004.

Now the defense has to completely reload and the offense is a WIP. He's the type of coach that is great when he has the pieces in place to succeed. I'm not sure he's good at building a foundation because he is seriously impatient.

agreed and on piont

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 23, 2006, 08:31:38 PM

I still think Gruden is a great coach on the x's and o's but I don't think he has the temperament to handle the down cycles. In his case, he was handed a terrible down cycle with the dearth of draft picks and the cap hell from the McKay era. he then compounded it with some terrible FA signings in 2004.

Now the defense has to completely reload and the offense is a WIP. He's the type of coach that is great when he has the pieces in place to succeed. I'm not sure he's good at building a foundation because he is seriously impatient.
OK let see now. The offense is a work in progress. But your not sure he's good at building a foundation.  Do you think you can just grow an offense like a Chia pet?  He's got three rookie starters and most of the rest 2nd and 3rd year guys.  So he is rebuilding the offense, and yet people rip him for not having the patience to do that. Is Gruden coming out in the press and ripping his young players?  No he's having patience with them.

I don't know whats more of a joke, the Bucs or the Bucs fans.  You knock Gruden because he doesn't have the patience to rebuild. Now he is patiently rebuilding from the ground up, and guess what the fans are bashing him for not winning now with a bunch of kids!

Way back when the Bucs first hit the skids after the infamous free agent spending spree, you all ripped Gruden a new one and said REBUILD FROM THE DRAFT! Gruden will never have the pateince to rebuild from the draft!  I said "Will you stick with Gruden during the hard times if he actually does that?"  You all went "Hmm Haw well um but this and that blah blah blah"  You had no answer.  And of course now you still have no answer, because you are....

HYPOCRITES

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe Gruden is done in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools